Coach Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.6

Product Development Intern Interview

The interviewing process was intimidating. The interns were all interviewed at the same time in one big conference room; about 150 applicants. Each applicant had several 2-3 minute interviews which were held in front of the other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a tough experience at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Coach in November 2011.

I came into the store and asked for an application. A girl gave it to me and said that they are having a group interview that Saturday. I went to the interview and it was with the store manager and two other girls. We filled out some paperwork first and then she started asking us questions. After the questions we each did a role play of how to sell to customers. After the interview was done, I got a call later on that day from the store manager asking if I can meet with the District Manager at another location. When I met with the DM, it was another girl as well.

Interview Questions
    • Between a 1-10, what would you give yourself for selling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosemont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach in July 2013.

I applied at a job fair and when I turned in my application they asked me if I read fashion blogs/magazines, asked about my experience in retail and availability. Then I was scheduled a group interview with the general manager and was told about the history of coach and what was expected of us. One or two questions were asked. Got a call for an offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult situation that you were put in and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Called me with a job offer 3 days later and after I accepted they told me how much I would be getting an hour

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coach in June 2010.

I had a friend that recruited me and I interviewed and got the job. I did an interview with the store manager and then the district manager, after passing the background check they offered me the position

Got $1 less than I asked but bonuses and team share made up for it

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coach.

When I went in to fill out an application it was a very busy Saturday (my own bad judgement). Even though the store was extremely busy the manager I asked for was nice and professional. I filled out the application in store, the manager looked over it to make sure I filled out everything correctly and completely. About a week later I received a call inviting me to a group interview located in that mall's food court. When I got to the interview there were three or four other applicants, and the managers conducting the interview were on time, and professional. There were two managers involved, and they asked everyone equally based questions, and gave everyone a reasonable time frame to answer all questions given.

Interview Questions
    • They asked all of us what are worst feature is, what we are not good at with a job (we had to answer, no "I'm good at everything" was allowed), and also they had one last fun set of questions for each of us to finish the interview. Mine was "What's the worst face you can make?", one applicant had "What's your guilty t.v. pleasure?", and another applicant had "What's your least favorite food and why?"   View Answer
    The hiring manager gave me a call and asked if I would like to accept the seasonal offer. I accepted and was at work two weeks later for orientation.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Coach.

Applied in store and set up an appointment with an assistant manager for the next day, basic interview and set up 2nd interview which was mostly filling out paper work (I already got the job?!)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach in September 2013.

I met with the hiring manager. We sat down and they began to ask me questions about fashion and how I keep up with up and coming trends, what brands I like, and also where I shop.

Interview Questions
    There really was not a negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Went into store, filled app, set up interview

Interview Questions
    • Who are your favorite designers, how do you sell items, our items are expensive, how would you sell them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coach.

I had a connection working at the coach location and began working as a seasonal employee for the holiday season from Nov-Dec. After my time working there I was asked to consider applying for a part-time position. Due to my relationship with their current employee I was unable to work at that location and as such was relocated to a nearby store

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very straightforward behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Asked when I would be able to start and was allowed to choose the day I began. I went in on a friday and began working that monday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coach in February 2012.

I was placed on an one on one interview first with the assistant manager, then with the store manager. They were both really nice and encouraging when I was answering the interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the history of Coach?
      Please share your experience with customer service in terms of ClienTrack.
        Answer Question