Coach

2.6

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Coach.

I had a connection working at the coach location and began working as a seasonal employee for the holiday season from Nov-Dec. After my time working there I was asked to consider applying for a part-time position. Due to my relationship with their current employee I was unable to work at that location and as such was relocated to a nearby store

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very straightforward behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Asked when I would be able to start and was allowed to choose the day I began. I went in on a friday and began working that monday.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Coach.

External hire - interviewed with DM about store location job expectations, requirements, etc. Went through resume. Talked through expectations of company. Meeting sales goals, style, fashion, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coach.

I submitted an online application, but also followed up with a contact in the office. After a few weeks, my future supervisor reached out to me via email. I resubmitted my resume and a cover letter to her, and we had a phone interview a week later. The phone interview lasted around 30 minutes. Several weeks later, I received a congratulatory email from my HR contact. Overall, very painless.

Interview Questions
    • If you had no access to the internet, how would you get in contact with a celebrity or their team for an event?   Answer Question

Full Time Stock Associate Interview

Heard through friends who worked at Coach that they were hiring. I gathered a proper resume, submitted it to a manager on a Saturday, and by Tuesday I had gotten a call for an interview. I had the first interview with a senior member of management, then a second interview with the store manager. After the second interview it was probably about a week until I was called and officially offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot about "what to do if..." type questions; I was asked how I handle stress, how well I can multi-task and time manage, etc. This was for my second interview- my first interview was about myself, how much I knew about the company, almost questions that seemed to be "weeding out the bad ones" type questions. I assume I did well on the first interview since I was granted the second interview shortly after finishing the first one.   Answer Question
    I was called and offered the job. I got above what pay I was assuming I would receive, so I accepted the job. About four months into the job I switched from a set amount of hours to full time.

Conflicts Mineral Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Coach in March 2014.

I was 1st contacted for a telephone interview. This was followed by in-person interviews with each of the team members the position worked with. The telephone interview was the usual screening type of interview which covered past experiences and fit. The in-person interviews focused more on the technical knowledge required for the position - familiarity with section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Act, ability to manage multiple suppliers internationally and project management skills for example. The position was eventually cancelled but I found the overall process to be positive overall.

Interview Questions
    • How would you balance reporting to two managers with different priorities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Coach in March 2014.

The first interview went very well. It was with the store manager and she asked typical interview questions such as why are you interested in working for this company etc. We spent an hour talking about sales and how as a sales associate at coach you had certain goals you were supposed to hit every day, week, month, and year. The second interview was with the district manager. The DM was very intense. Asked multipke questions and did not wait for a response. He argued every answer and never seemed satisfied. He tried to see how far he could push me to see where my breaking point was, but I held my own.

Interview Questions
    • How do you approach a customer who just walked into the store?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate. They had a flat rate of pay for part time sales associates and would not go any higher or offer any more hours than 15

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coach.

It was very quick. I was handed an application in store and told to bring it back. I heard back within a week and was set up for a group interview. Two other girls were there with me and it only took about half an hour. We were asked questions and told to run scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions were asked, except we were asked how we stay current with fashions and trends.   Answer Question
    None

Manager/Operations Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Coach.

I had 4 interviews for first position then 8 interviews for second position after working for the same company for 7 years. Interviews lasted from 10 minutes with HR to over 1 hour with several senior managements. Most of interview questions were textbook but some of sr. managements' questions were unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • "I actually have your boss in my mind for this position. Why do you think you are better candidate than her?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coach in February 2014.

I went in the store one day after seeing a sign outside indicating, "employment opportunities." I went inside and requested an application. A couple days after I submitted my application with an attached resume. An associate made sure I filled everything out and said I would be contacted soon. I never got contacted, but about 3 weeks later I went back in and submitted an updated version of my resume. This time, an assistant manager spoke to me and instantly looked over my resume. She was somewhat impressed and I had told her that I already had submitted an application. I never left a number on my resume, so I figured I'd call back a few days later and simply follow up. The manager said they couldn't find my application and that they were still searching for it. Keep in mind, my number wasn't on the resume, but I included it on the application which they somehow had lost. The next day I got a call from the manager requesting for an interview the following week after. This indicated that they found my application since my number was included on it. The interview went well, it was a group interview with another candidate. They went straight asking to fill out an availability form and background check, to attire expectations. I'm assuming I got the job? After discussing expectations, they went on asking me questions which were expected, they also discussed a brief history of the brand. It doesn't hurt to have some knowledge about the brands history since they may discuss this and it makes you stand out. Make sure you mention customer service, they may also ask questions relating to it. Over all, it went very well, the interview lasted a little over an hour. The manager then said that they have to submit the background check before they can contact me with further details regarding obtaining a sales associate position. To end it off, they asked me if I had any questions for them which I did, my advice would be that you should probably come up with some questions before you attend the interview. After about a week, I called back in monday following up with them requesting to see if they received my background check. They said they'd call back later on in the afternoon after a conference call that was going to be held later on. Finally, I got a call offering me the job, they actually wanted to give me more hours than they wanted so they asked me if they could move me over to a different store location. Overall, great experience, and everything in the process was very formal and had a good business tone to it. Definitely would recommend for others to work here.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation that you came across in your past experiences, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach in February 2014.

How many languages can you speak. I can speak 2 foreign languages.
    Do you have sales experience. No.
    Do you know about fashion. Yes.

I went to store to fill out an application. One week later they called me and scheduled and interview on following week. I went to the interview and they asked some easy questions. The process was not really hard.

I did not negotiate.