Coach Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.6

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach (Paramus, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Came in well dressed and knew someone who worked there. And asked if they were hiring and was given an application. Filled out on the spot and the manager looked at my application and set up a interview on the spot. Sat down with the store manager and was simple asked me simple questions. Then later in the week called about getting the job. And sat down and filled out the paper work and had orientation.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself fashion foward? How do you keep up with fashion?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Coach (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

I was offered a job application when I was shopping at Coach a couple months ago. I returned the application in August but they didn't start the group interviews until early October. The group interview was very small, with three other women. After the group interview, the assistant manager said she will be contacting us soon to schedule an interview with the manager. Instead, I received a call a few days later saying that they didn't need me to complete the second interview and would like me to come in and fill out some paperwork since they wanted to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked about any brands that I follow in the fashion industry and why they are so special/unique. They also asked about how/where we get fashion tips or stay up to date on current trends.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach.

Interview

A group interview, with personality questions and questions concerning details of the company. First interview was a group interview with two hiring managers. Second interview was one on one with the manager of the department I was applying for. Background check once hired and a 90 day probation.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coach (Elizabeth, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

First there was a group interview then individual made it through the group interview only to be told i didn't get the job at individual.They asked the same questions at both interviews so its confusing on how you made it through group and not individual.They expect you to ask a whole bunch of questions at both interviews when you already asked your questions at the group interview and they tell you pretty much everything you need to know at the group interview.Feels like a waste of time when you could just be looking into other job opportunities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Coach (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews in person and one by phone. I was asked a lot of questions about my prior employment,how I got along with co-workers, why I want to work for coach and why I like to sell. My final interview was with the district manager who was very professional and I felt she actually listened to me and cared about my answers. Just be yourself,don't fake it. If you are a true fit for Coach they will feel it and so will you.

Interview Questions

• Where do you go to for fashion advise?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

Interview

Group interview, then one on one then the last step orientation. On orientation they gave us a run down of the policy, dress code, walked the store and describes the bags, break then watch a security video.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose coach, or why do you want to work for coach.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't have any negotiations

Temporary Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach.

Interview

Process was quick and efficient, questions were direct but friendly. Each individual I interviewed with knew exactly what they wanted to know about me, and each wanted to know something different. Each were more than happy to share necessary information to provide context before I answered. It really didn't feel as though anyone were trying to "trick" me or ask confusing questions, or grill me. Concern was focused more on personality fit among the team, and skills and abilities to perform well.

Interview Questions

• I have a bit of an interesting (though once explained, logical) work history. Very few people look closely enough to see that, on paper, it seems a bit scattered, until you have the complete picture. One of the senior level directors I interviewed had truly read my resume thoroughly, and asked me to explain my background - not what I did (a question I've answered a thousand times) but why I was at all of these places, how I got there, and how any of it was of any value. I first it caught me off guard, but was easy enough to answer; I just appreciated that someone actually read in enough detail to see that!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because of Glassdoor I knew exactly what I felt was reasonable to ask for. When I received the call that they were interested after the interview, they asked what my salary request would be. I confidently told her, and she said she would call me back. Two days later she called meeting my exact request. There really wasn't much negotiation necessary, because I knew my salary requirements would fall squarely within their pay range.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Coach.

Interview

Ultimately, the hiring and interview process went very well; however, my experience is probably different from almost everyone else's as I was applying for a position out of state. I had a number of interviews - initial conversation with the store manager, a more formal telephone interview with the same store manager, a face-to-face interview with a store manager in my area, a telephone interview with the District Manager and then another interview (though very brief) with the store manager of the store I would ultimately wind up joining (though I did not realize this at the time).

Interview Questions

• Questions were very typical for a retail management position. 1) Tell me about a time you developed someone for a promotion/ fill your position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you manage having to complete multiple tasks at once?   Answer Question
    • Why Coach?   Answer Question
    • How do you like to lead? How do you like to be led?   Answer Question
    • Where do you want from Coach?   Answer Question

Senior Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Straightforward process. Phone interview with HR to discuss about the role and the background. Then phone screen with the manager. Resume walk through and then SQL questions and one business case. Sql questions were easy. Business case was easy as well but then the interviewer seemed uninterested from the beginning. A business case can have different answers and not necessarily one can you it is right or wrong. The interviewer was expecting the exact answers or phrase what he had in his mind. I did bring up two points which the interviewer mentioned but then it looked like he was not at all interested right from beginning of the call. His comments were so unfair because I gave the exact same answers to the case but phrased it differently. For example: I mentioned that one possible reason for the increase in sale could be sale or discount. His answer was promotion.

Interview Questions

• The sales increased by 20% last week. What could be the possible reasons and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coach (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I walked in and turned in the application personally. The same day, I got a call from the HR, and set up an interview the next week. I totally had two one on one interviews, one was with the HR, and one was with the Store Manager. The HR was nice to me, and asked me some simple questions like introduce yourself, why Coach, how would your previous employer describe you in three words, how would you describe yourself in three words, and what was your strength and weakness etc. At the same day, the HR called me and set up a second interview with the Store Manager. For the second interview, the store manager looked not very professional. First of all, he did not show up on time, and it seemed that he even didn't know there was an interview, because he didn't have any knowledge/information about me, no resume in hand. Also, the interview happened outside the store, on a bench, a super hot afternoon. But the interview was not hard. He asked why coach, how would I describe my personal style, what my other favorite brands, my previous work experience etc. Right after the 15mins interview, the store manager asked me to fill out a background check. I got the offer by a phone call from the HR after 2 weeks. She offered me a part-time, sales associate position.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions, but the candidate would better prepare some standard questions to make good impression. At least it can show that you know the company well, and you are very interested and passionate to work at the company. Both of the HR and the store manager cared about the candidate's schedule. On the application, I wrote 7 days available, and they liked it very much.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not an exactly negotiation process. They already set the orientation day, and hourly pay rate.