Coach Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.5

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Coach.

Interview

Applied in store and set up an appointment with an assistant manager for the next day, basic interview and set up 2nd interview which was mostly filling out paper work (I already got the job?!)

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Went into store, filled app, set up interview

Interview Questions

• Who are your favorite designers, how do you sell items, our items are expensive, how would you sell them?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Coach (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

I had a connection working at the coach location and began working as a seasonal employee for the holiday season from Nov-Dec. After my time working there I was asked to consider applying for a part-time position. Due to my relationship with their current employee I was unable to work at that location and as such was relocated to a nearby store

Interview Questions

• Questions were very straightforward behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked when I would be able to start and was allowed to choose the day I began. I went in on a friday and began working that monday.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Coach (Chicago, IL).

Interview

External hire - interviewed with DM about store location job expectations, requirements, etc. Went through resume. Talked through expectations of company. Meeting sales goals, style, fashion, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coach (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted an online application, but also followed up with a contact in the office. After a few weeks, my future supervisor reached out to me via email. I resubmitted my resume and a cover letter to her, and we had a phone interview a week later. The phone interview lasted around 30 minutes. Several weeks later, I received a congratulatory email from my HR contact. Overall, very painless.

Interview Questions

• If you had no access to the internet, how would you get in contact with a celebrity or their team for an event?   Answer Question

Full Time Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Coach.

Interview

Heard through friends who worked at Coach that they were hiring. I gathered a proper resume, submitted it to a manager on a Saturday, and by Tuesday I had gotten a call for an interview. I had the first interview with a senior member of management, then a second interview with the store manager. After the second interview it was probably about a week until I was called and officially offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about "what to do if..." type questions; I was asked how I handle stress, how well I can multi-task and time manage, etc. This was for my second interview- my first interview was about myself, how much I knew about the company, almost questions that seemed to be "weeding out the bad ones" type questions. I assume I did well on the first interview since I was granted the second interview shortly after finishing the first one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was called and offered the job. I got above what pay I was assuming I would receive, so I accepted the job. About four months into the job I switched from a set amount of hours to full time.

Conflicts Mineral Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was 1st contacted for a telephone interview. This was followed by in-person interviews with each of the team members the position worked with. The telephone interview was the usual screening type of interview which covered past experiences and fit. The in-person interviews focused more on the technical knowledge required for the position - familiarity with section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Act, ability to manage multiple suppliers internationally and project management skills for example. The position was eventually cancelled but I found the overall process to be positive overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you balance reporting to two managers with different priorities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Coach (Springfield, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

The first interview went very well. It was with the store manager and she asked typical interview questions such as why are you interested in working for this company etc. We spent an hour talking about sales and how as a sales associate at coach you had certain goals you were supposed to hit every day, week, month, and year. The second interview was with the district manager. The DM was very intense. Asked multipke questions and did not wait for a response. He argued every answer and never seemed satisfied. He tried to see how far he could push me to see where my breaking point was, but I held my own.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach a customer who just walked into the store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. They had a flat rate of pay for part time sales associates and would not go any higher or offer any more hours than 15

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coach.

Interview

It was very quick. I was handed an application in store and told to bring it back. I heard back within a week and was set up for a group interview. Two other girls were there with me and it only took about half an hour. We were asked questions and told to run scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions were asked, except we were asked how we stay current with fashions and trends.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Manager/Operations Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Coach.

Interview

I had 4 interviews for first position then 8 interviews for second position after working for the same company for 7 years. Interviews lasted from 10 minutes with HR to over 1 hour with several senior managements. Most of interview questions were textbook but some of sr. managements' questions were unexpected.

Interview Questions

• "I actually have your boss in my mind for this position. Why do you think you are better candidate than her?"   Answer Question