Coach Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.5

Associate Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach (Deer Park, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

How many languages can you speak. I can speak 2 foreign languages.
    Do you have sales experience. No.
    Do you know about fashion. Yes.

I went to store to fill out an application. One week later they called me and scheduled and interview on following week. I went to the interview and they asked some easy questions. The process was not really hard.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coach in February 2014.

Interview

I went in the store one day after seeing a sign outside indicating, "employment opportunities." I went inside and requested an application. A couple days after I submitted my application with an attached resume. An associate made sure I filled everything out and said I would be contacted soon. I never got contacted, but about 3 weeks later I went back in and submitted an updated version of my resume. This time, an assistant manager spoke to me and instantly looked over my resume. She was somewhat impressed and I had told her that I already had submitted an application. I never left a number on my resume, so I figured I'd call back a few days later and simply follow up. The manager said they couldn't find my application and that they were still searching for it. Keep in mind, my number wasn't on the resume, but I included it on the application which they somehow had lost. The next day I got a call from the manager requesting for an interview the following week after. This indicated that they found my application since my number was included on it. The interview went well, it was a group interview with another candidate. They went straight asking to fill out an availability form and background check, to attire expectations. I'm assuming I got the job? After discussing expectations, they went on asking me questions which were expected, they also discussed a brief history of the brand. It doesn't hurt to have some knowledge about the brands history since they may discuss this and it makes you stand out. Make sure you mention customer service, they may also ask questions relating to it. Over all, it went very well, the interview lasted a little over an hour. The manager then said that they have to submit the background check before they can contact me with further details regarding obtaining a sales associate position. To end it off, they asked me if I had any questions for them which I did, my advice would be that you should probably come up with some questions before you attend the interview. After about a week, I called back in monday following up with them requesting to see if they received my background check. They said they'd call back later on in the afternoon after a conference call that was going to be held later on. Finally, I got a call offering me the job, they actually wanted to give me more hours than they wanted so they asked me if they could move me over to a different store location. Overall, great experience, and everything in the process was very formal and had a good business tone to it. Definitely would recommend for others to work here.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation that you came across in your past experiences, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coach (Austin, TX).

Interview

The company prefers to do group interviews so it may be some time between dropping off an application/resume and hearing from a manager. Usually they will do a small impromptu interview with you when you drop your application off. This is to see how you well you communicate, and to see your fashion sense. Depending on how quickly they need new associates you will hear back from some one within a few days to possibly two weeks. After being offered the position you will go through 1-2 weeks of training, once again depending on the need for employees. Seasonal training is much faster than any other time period.

Interview Questions

• You will most likely be asked to sell an item to the interviewer. This may happen as early as when you drop off your application.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It didn't exist. I was told I would be making slightly less than what I asked for but not given details until after I was hired. From what I understand managers have a little more room to negotiate.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach (Ontario, CA).

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy and straightforward. It was a group interview format and the managers asked questions that can be answered using common sense. Make sure to stand out by raising your hand often and giving a strong answer.

Interview Questions

• Who is your role model and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They determine your hourly pay depending on your experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrentham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach (Wrentham, MA).

Interview

Very simple hiring and interview process. I went in for a day of shopping, was offered an application, filled out said application, and was called back in for an interview. After I was critiqued for not wearing the typical "black and white" (I had one a red heels with my black and white outfit) as the dress code called for, I was asked a few questions about school (I was in high school at the time) and that was that. I was called back two days later and asked to come in for training two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As a high school student, there were no negotiations.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Coach (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I went in to the store to pick up an application. The application was simple as no resume was required. I went in person to submit my filled-out application to a manager and they asked me a questions about why I wanted to work for coach which I was not expecting. I did my best to answer on the spot and then I thanked the manger and left. Roughly 2 weeks later I recieved a phone call asking me if I was still interested in the posistion I had applied to and if I could come to a group interview. I accepted and was prompted on the dress code to wear to the interview. I shoed up tot eh interview a couple days later and it was a casual type interview with two managers asking us questions. After a few more weeks I recieved a phone call letting me know I got hte position and when to come in to fill out more paperwork and be trained.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with Clientelling? How would you clientell?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but I wish that I had.

Sales Associate People, Office, Work Culture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach (Miami, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

I dropped in to drop off my resume and the Supervisor called the Manager to interview me on the spot. It was around Thanksgiving so they really needed the help. The interview was held right there in the store during normal business hours among the customers. All of the staff were professional and pleasant. I was nervous as the Manager was a no-nonesense one. I got through the interview and they called me back to make me an offer!

Interview Questions

• The Manager asked me to sell her a bag on the spot. Wasn't prepared for this at all. Especially not working or specializing in hand bags. I made a few boo boo;s but they were willing to accept and work with me!   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Interview too long

Salary too low

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Coach in October 2013.

Interview

Initial contact via email to request an in-person interview. Interview was set up and I went in a few days later to meet with the Executive Creative Recruiter and the Director of the department. After "Thank You" note was sent, I did hear from the Director who thanked me for coming in. As of the end of November, I still have not heard back from Coach despite emails following up.

Interview Questions

• None. Had a great conversation with both Recruiter and Director.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Coach (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

3 hours of interview that included very little math test and video orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was a good one.. just take it, its a job.