Coach Marketing Interview Questions

2.5

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter who found my resume on one of the job websites. She thought I was a perfect match for the position. She sent my resume to the HR person at Coach, who invited me in for a 1:1 interview. The interview went well in my eyes, we connected well and I gave what I thought were great examples and great answers. The HR person seemed to give really good feedback and was very friendly and nice. Almost overly nice. I thought I'd at least get a second interview with the hiring manager. I was very surprised when the recruiter called me the following day with the news that they would not be going forward with me. The HR person gave very vague feedback and just said I seemed too nervous.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Coach

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

HR person contacted me the day after I applied for the position. I was excited because my skills matched perfectly with the job description. I spoke with the HR rep she asked the usual questions about my background and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. That same week I went in to meet with the HR rep and the hiring manager. Although Coach occupies two buildings, it's blatantly obvious they lack diversity. I thought to myself "strike 1" I knew I would really have to sell myself despite the odds visibly stacked against me. My interview with HR went well and I was off to meet the hiring manager. She seemed to think rather highly of herself like "I work for COACH and you are not on my level". I spent the entire interview pretty much "proving" that I have been in the industry for almost 3 years doing the exact work you are asking at two different retailers. I even had stellar letters of recommendations from people higher on the totem pole than her. I knew half way through she was not interested in giving me the job. Her questions, or the lack thereof, were simple in nature but I believe she had her mind made up fairly early into the interview as she explained her "concerns" with me.

Interview Questions