Coach

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Coach in June 2011.

I had 6 interviews from HR to the Director over a 2 month period. I spoke with the Regional and she was very positive, but after I had other interviews she would call me to "coach" me through the additional interviews. I saw this as a positive sign, until I realized she was micro managing me. Ultimately I was not the little soldier they like to brainwash, as I have more experience than the RM, and was turned down by the HR assistant who just started with the company. I thanked her for calling, as the people who interviewed me didn't have to nerve to do it. Questions were trick questions looking for negative answers. For example, tell me something you thought your past supervisor could improve on. I said she had a very full plate with all that she does, so if I had to pick something it would be improving on communication. I went on to say that anything I needed clarified I would go to the AE or my boss and until I received an answer to my question. The interviewer (the RM or another RM) took that as I had a problem with communication NOT the supervisor. The RM also told me to lie about my past employers and how I moved to a different job. I didn't feel comfortable with that at all.
I learned that Coach likes their associates to wear all black, stud earrings, light makeup, light nail polish, to look as non-descript as possible.
The Director runs the MC program with an iron fist while micro managing.

Interview Questions
  • What did like about your past supervisor and what did your past supervisor need to improve upon?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time I turned a negative into a positive.   View Answer