Coach

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.4

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

It was very comfortable and almost informal, there was one other person interviewing with me - a group interview of sorts. The store manager and an associate manager were interviewing and we all were sitting in a circle. They asked us both questions and sometimes would ask one question for one of us or they would ask the same question to us both. They wanted to know what kind of experience we had and if we were able to conduct ourselves socially, and feel comfortable talking to customers. One major point they made in our discussion was how we would handle a stressful and difficult situation, such as a distressed or angered customer. The only negative part of the experience was the not knowing an answer immediately, and actually taking several weeks before I got one. Happily it was yes, but I felt it took more time than was necessary to get back to the candidates in letting them know their status.

Interview Questions
  • If a customer was angry about something, whether it be the product or the service they received, how would you handle such a situation in a way that would not violate the rules for treating customers and yet still provide a solution.   View Answer
Unfortunately there was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Coach

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach in November 2014.

I walked in and asked if they were hiring and if I could get an application. They handed me one and invited me to fill in out in the store. Upon completing my application, I handed it to a person (not sure if she was a manager or not). She immediately asked me if I would like to come back that night for a group interview. Of course I said yes.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't a real difficult question, but we were all asked about how we keep up with the latest fashion trends. Another question asked was why we wanted to work for Coach.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Coach.

The don't really advertise for positions, was told by a friend that they needed a temp. seasonal sales associate. I walked in to get a application and introduce myself to the Store Manager. The process didn't take long after they got my background check done I was on the schedule in less than a month.

I did not try to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach in October 2014.

So, on a Friday afternoon i walked into a local Coach store at my mall I'm currently working in and asked for an application. The girl handed me one and i brought it back 15 minutes later with my resume and references. She looked over my application and asked if i had previous retail experience (which i did) and asked if i speak another language ( i do: fluent in Korean and currently learning Mandarin). She said she would turn it in into the store manager and she'd give me a call. 2 days later i got a call asking if i could come in that week for an interview. At the interview she just asked me questions about my career goals, current employment, and if i was up for working with Coach. She went over the dress code and what is expected of me, by the end of the interview i basically knew i would get the job. I got a call today with an offer for a Sales Associate position!!

Interview Questions
    • Do you speak a second language?
      How do you plan to work out scheduling between two jobs?
      What are your career goals?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Coach.

Quick and easy. Be prepared to dress presentable. Try to acquire infomation and knowledge about the company, its collections, brand ambassadors, designers, for example. Sample of questions; What fashion is? Who are the brand ambassadors? Which celebrities that use Coach? In addition, they might ask you to try to sell your bag that you have in your hands.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Coach in September 2014.

I had two interviews in person and one by phone. I was asked a lot of questions about my prior employment,how I got along with co-workers, why I want to work for coach and why I like to sell.
    My final interview was with the district manager who was very professional and I felt she actually listened to me and cared about my answers. Just be yourself,don't fake it. If you are a true fit for Coach they will feel it and so will you.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you go to for fashion advise?   View Answer
    No room for negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coach in July 2014.

I walked in and turned in the application personally. The same day, I got a call from the HR, and set up an interview the next week. I totally had two one on one interviews, one was with the HR, and one was with the Store Manager. The HR was nice to me, and asked me some simple questions like introduce yourself, why Coach, how would your previous employer describe you in three words, how would you describe yourself in three words, and what was your strength and weakness etc. At the same day, the HR called me and set up a second interview with the Store Manager. For the second interview, the store manager looked not very professional. First of all, he did not show up on time, and it seemed that he even didn't know there was an interview, because he didn't have any knowledge/information about me, no resume in hand. Also, the interview happened outside the store, on a bench, a super hot afternoon. But the interview was not hard. He asked why coach, how would I describe my personal style, what my other favorite brands, my previous work experience etc. Right after the 15mins interview, the store manager asked me to fill out a background check. I got the offer by a phone call from the HR after 2 weeks. She offered me a part-time, sales associate position.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions, but the candidate would better prepare some standard questions to make good impression. At least it can show that you know the company well, and you are very interested and passionate to work at the company. Both of the HR and the store manager cared about the candidate's schedule. On the application, I wrote 7 days available, and they liked it very much.   Answer Question
    There is not an exactly negotiation process. They already set the orientation day, and hourly pay rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coach.

Did three interviews, on my last interview they asked about my previous manager, I told them I wasn't happy with him, and i wanted to leave my previous company, the manager said i got the job i would be called the following tuesday for orientation, (it was friday) called me monday, and said they decided to go with another candidate, and no longer wish to pursue with my application, AFTER TELLING ME I GOT THE JOB! Terrible, no professionalism. I wasted 3 weeks. I applied one week, did my interview in 2 weeks and all 3 interviews took 2 weeks to complete, WASTED TIME!

Interview Questions
    • Just ask basic questions, why coach, and previous employer questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Went into store, filled app, set up interview

Interview Questions
    • Who are your favorite designers, how do you sell items, our items are expensive, how would you sell them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coach.

I submitted an online application, but also followed up with a contact in the office. After a few weeks, my future supervisor reached out to me via email. I resubmitted my resume and a cover letter to her, and we had a phone interview a week later. The phone interview lasted around 30 minutes. Several weeks later, I received a congratulatory email from my HR contact. Overall, very painless.

Interview Questions
    • If you had no access to the internet, how would you get in contact with a celebrity or their team for an event?   Answer Question