Coach

Average Difficulty
60 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coach in February 2014.

Interview Details – I went in the store one day after seeing a sign outside indicating, "employment opportunities." I went inside and requested an application. A couple days after I submitted my application with an attached resume. An associate made sure I filled everything out and said I would be contacted soon. I never got contacted, but about 3 weeks later I went back in and submitted an updated version of my resume. This time, an assistant manager spoke to me and instantly looked over my resume. She was somewhat impressed and I had told her that I already had submitted an application. I never left a number on my resume, so I figured I'd call back a few days later and simply follow up. The manager said they couldn't find my application and that they were still searching for it. Keep in mind, my number wasn't on the resume, but I included it on the application which they somehow had lost. The next day I got a call from the manager requesting for an interview the following week after. This indicated that they found my application since my number was included on it. The interview went well, it was a group interview with another candidate. They went straight asking to fill out an availability form and background check, to attire expectations. I'm assuming I got the job? After discussing expectations, they went on asking me questions which were expected, they also discussed a brief history of the brand. It doesn't hurt to have some knowledge about the brands history since they may discuss this and it makes you stand out. Make sure you mention customer service, they may also ask questions relating to it. Over all, it went very well, the interview lasted a little over an hour. The manager then said that they have to submit the background check before they can contact me with further details regarding obtaining a sales associate position. To end it off, they asked me if I had any questions for them which I did, my advice would be that you should probably come up with some questions before you attend the interview. After about a week, I called back in monday following up with them requesting to see if they received my background check. They said they'd call back later on in the afternoon after a conference call that was going to be held later on. Finally, I got a call offering me the job, they actually wanted to give me more hours than they wanted so they asked me if they could move me over to a different store location. Overall, great experience, and everything in the process was very formal and had a good business tone to it. Definitely would recommend for others to work here.

Interview Question – What was a difficult situation that you came across in your past experiences, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Sales Interview

Associate Sales
Deer Park, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach in February 2014.

Interview Details – How many languages can you speak. I can speak 2 foreign languages.
Do you have sales experience. No.
Do you know about fashion. Yes.

I went to store to fill out an application. One week later they called me and scheduled and interview on following week. I went to the interview and they asked some easy questions. The process was not really hard.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Elizabeth, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coach.

Interview Details – Did three interviews, on my last interview they asked about my previous manager, I told them I wasn't happy with him, and i wanted to leave my previous company, the manager said i got the job i would be called the following tuesday for orientation, (it was friday) called me monday, and said they decided to go with another candidate, and no longer wish to pursue with my application, AFTER TELLING ME I GOT THE JOB! Terrible, no professionalism. I wasted 3 weeks. I applied one week, did my interview in 2 weeks and all 3 interviews took 2 weeks to complete, WASTED TIME!

Interview Question – Just ask basic questions, why coach, and previous employer questions   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Coach in November 2011.

Interview Details – I came into the store and asked for an application. A girl gave it to me and said that they are having a group interview that Saturday. I went to the interview and it was with the store manager and two other girls. We filled out some paperwork first and then she started asking us questions. After the questions we each did a role play of how to sell to customers. After the interview was done, I got a call later on that day from the store manager asking if I can meet with the District Manager at another location. When I met with the DM, it was another girl as well.

Interview Question – Between a 1-10, what would you give yourself for selling?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Rosemont, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied at a job fair and when I turned in my application they asked me if I read fashion blogs/magazines, asked about my experience in retail and availability. Then I was scheduled a group interview with the general manager and was told about the history of coach and what was expected of us. One or two questions were asked. Got a call for an offer 3 days later.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult situation that you were put in and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Called me with a job offer 3 days later and after I accepted they told me how much I would be getting an hour

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach in September 2013.

Interview Details – I met with the hiring manager. We sat down and they began to ask me questions about fashion and how I keep up with up and coming trends, what brands I like, and also where I shop.

Interview Question – What were Coaches competitors?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really was not a negotiation

Interviewed at Coach

Interview Details – Went into store, filled app, set up interview

Interview Question – Who are your favorite designers, how do you sell items, our items are expensive, how would you sell them?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coach in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was placed on an one on one interview first with the assistant manager, then with the store manager. They were both really nice and encouraging when I was answering the interview questions.

Interview Question – What do you know about the history of Coach?
Please share your experience with customer service in terms of ClienTrack.
  Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coach.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application, but also followed up with a contact in the office. After a few weeks, my future supervisor reached out to me via email. I resubmitted my resume and a cover letter to her, and we had a phone interview a week later. The phone interview lasted around 30 minutes. Several weeks later, I received a congratulatory email from my HR contact. Overall, very painless.

Interview Question – If you had no access to the internet, how would you get in contact with a celebrity or their team for an event?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coach.

Interview Details – It was very quick. I was handed an application in store and told to bring it back. I heard back within a week and was set up for a group interview. Two other girls were there with me and it only took about half an hour. We were asked questions and told to run scenarios.

Interview Question – Basic questions were asked, except we were asked how we stay current with fashions and trends.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for Coach? Contribute to the Community!