Coach

Very Easy Interview

Associate Sales Interview

Associate Sales
Deer Park, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach in February 2014.

Interview Details – How many languages can you speak. I can speak 2 foreign languages.
Do you have sales experience. No.
Do you know about fashion. Yes.

I went to store to fill out an application. One week later they called me and scheduled and interview on following week. I went to the interview and they asked some easy questions. The process was not really hard.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Elizabeth, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coach.

Interview Details – Did three interviews, on my last interview they asked about my previous manager, I told them I wasn't happy with him, and i wanted to leave my previous company, the manager said i got the job i would be called the following tuesday for orientation, (it was friday) called me monday, and said they decided to go with another candidate, and no longer wish to pursue with my application, AFTER TELLING ME I GOT THE JOB! Terrible, no professionalism. I wasted 3 weeks. I applied one week, did my interview in 2 weeks and all 3 interviews took 2 weeks to complete, WASTED TIME!

Interview Question – Just ask basic questions, why coach, and previous employer questions   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Coach in November 2011.

Interview Details – I came into the store and asked for an application. A girl gave it to me and said that they are having a group interview that Saturday. I went to the interview and it was with the store manager and two other girls. We filled out some paperwork first and then she started asking us questions. After the questions we each did a role play of how to sell to customers. After the interview was done, I got a call later on that day from the store manager asking if I can meet with the District Manager at another location. When I met with the DM, it was another girl as well.

Interview Question – Between a 1-10, what would you give yourself for selling?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Rosemont, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied at a job fair and when I turned in my application they asked me if I read fashion blogs/magazines, asked about my experience in retail and availability. Then I was scheduled a group interview with the general manager and was told about the history of coach and what was expected of us. One or two questions were asked. Got a call for an offer 3 days later.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult situation that you were put in and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Called me with a job offer 3 days later and after I accepted they told me how much I would be getting an hour

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach in September 2013.

Interview Details – I met with the hiring manager. We sat down and they began to ask me questions about fashion and how I keep up with up and coming trends, what brands I like, and also where I shop.

Interview Question – What were Coaches competitors?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really was not a negotiation

Interviewed at Coach

Interview Details – Went into store, filled app, set up interview

Interview Question – Who are your favorite designers, how do you sell items, our items are expensive, how would you sell them?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coach in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was placed on an one on one interview first with the assistant manager, then with the store manager. They were both really nice and encouraging when I was answering the interview questions.

Interview Question – What do you know about the history of Coach?
Please share your experience with customer service in terms of ClienTrack.
  Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coach.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application, but also followed up with a contact in the office. After a few weeks, my future supervisor reached out to me via email. I resubmitted my resume and a cover letter to her, and we had a phone interview a week later. The phone interview lasted around 30 minutes. Several weeks later, I received a congratulatory email from my HR contact. Overall, very painless.

Interview Question – If you had no access to the internet, how would you get in contact with a celebrity or their team for an event?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coach.

Interview Details – It was very quick. I was handed an application in store and told to bring it back. I heard back within a week and was set up for a group interview. Two other girls were there with me and it only took about half an hour. We were asked questions and told to run scenarios.

Interview Question – Basic questions were asked, except we were asked how we stay current with fashions and trends.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coach.

Interview Details – The company prefers to do group interviews so it may be some time between dropping off an application/resume and hearing from a manager. Usually they will do a small impromptu interview with you when you drop your application off. This is to see how you well you communicate, and to see your fashion sense. Depending on how quickly they need new associates you will hear back from some one within a few days to possibly two weeks. After being offered the position you will go through 1-2 weeks of training, once again depending on the need for employees. Seasonal training is much faster than any other time period.

Interview Question – You will most likely be asked to sell an item to the interviewer. This may happen as early as when you drop off your application.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It didn't exist. I was told I would be making slightly less than what I asked for but not given details until after I was hired. From what I understand managers have a little more room to negotiate.

Worked for Coach? Contribute to the Community!