Coach Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.4

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coach in July 2014.

I walked in and turned in the application personally. The same day, I got a call from the HR, and set up an interview the next week. I totally had two one on one interviews, one was with the HR, and one was with the Store Manager. The HR was nice to me, and asked me some simple questions like introduce yourself, why Coach, how would your previous employer describe you in three words, how would you describe yourself in three words, and what was your strength and weakness etc. At the same day, the HR called me and set up a second interview with the Store Manager. For the second interview, the store manager looked not very professional. First of all, he did not show up on time, and it seemed that he even didn't know there was an interview, because he didn't have any knowledge/information about me, no resume in hand. Also, the interview happened outside the store, on a bench, a super hot afternoon. But the interview was not hard. He asked why coach, how would I describe my personal style, what my other favorite brands, my previous work experience etc. Right after the 15mins interview, the store manager asked me to fill out a background check. I got the offer by a phone call from the HR after 2 weeks. She offered me a part-time, sales associate position.

Interview Questions
  • There was no difficult questions, but the candidate would better prepare some standard questions to make good impression. At least it can show that you know the company well, and you are very interested and passionate to work at the company. Both of the HR and the store manager cared about the candidate's schedule. On the application, I wrote 7 days available, and they liked it very much.   Answer Question
There is not an exactly negotiation process. They already set the orientation day, and hourly pay rate.

Other Interview Reviews for Coach

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coach in February 2014.

I went in the store one day after seeing a sign outside indicating, "employment opportunities." I went inside and requested an application. A couple days after I submitted my application with an attached resume. An associate made sure I filled everything out and said I would be contacted soon. I never got contacted, but about 3 weeks later I went back in and submitted an updated version of my resume. This time, an assistant manager spoke to me and instantly looked over my resume. She was somewhat impressed and I had told her that I already had submitted an application. I never left a number on my resume, so I figured I'd call back a few days later and simply follow up. The manager said they couldn't find my application and that they were still searching for it. Keep in mind, my number wasn't on the resume, but I included it on the application which they somehow had lost. The next day I got a call from the manager requesting for an interview the following week after. This indicated that they found my application since my number was included on it. The interview went well, it was a group interview with another candidate. They went straight asking to fill out an availability form and background check, to attire expectations. I'm assuming I got the job? After discussing expectations, they went on asking me questions which were expected, they also discussed a brief history of the brand. It doesn't hurt to have some knowledge about the brands history since they may discuss this and it makes you stand out. Make sure you mention customer service, they may also ask questions relating to it. Over all, it went very well, the interview lasted a little over an hour. The manager then said that they have to submit the background check before they can contact me with further details regarding obtaining a sales associate position. To end it off, they asked me if I had any questions for them which I did, my advice would be that you should probably come up with some questions before you attend the interview. After about a week, I called back in monday following up with them requesting to see if they received my background check. They said they'd call back later on in the afternoon after a conference call that was going to be held later on. Finally, I got a call offering me the job, they actually wanted to give me more hours than they wanted so they asked me if they could move me over to a different store location. Overall, great experience, and everything in the process was very formal and had a good business tone to it. Definitely would recommend for others to work here.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation that you came across in your past experiences, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Deer Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach in February 2014.

How many languages can you speak. I can speak 2 foreign languages.
    Do you have sales experience. No.
    Do you know about fashion. Yes.

I went to store to fill out an application. One week later they called me and scheduled and interview on following week. I went to the interview and they asked some easy questions. The process was not really hard.

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coach.

Did three interviews, on my last interview they asked about my previous manager, I told them I wasn't happy with him, and i wanted to leave my previous company, the manager said i got the job i would be called the following tuesday for orientation, (it was friday) called me monday, and said they decided to go with another candidate, and no longer wish to pursue with my application, AFTER TELLING ME I GOT THE JOB! Terrible, no professionalism. I wasted 3 weeks. I applied one week, did my interview in 2 weeks and all 3 interviews took 2 weeks to complete, WASTED TIME!

Interview Questions
    • Just ask basic questions, why coach, and previous employer questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Coach in November 2011.

I came into the store and asked for an application. A girl gave it to me and said that they are having a group interview that Saturday. I went to the interview and it was with the store manager and two other girls. We filled out some paperwork first and then she started asking us questions. After the questions we each did a role play of how to sell to customers. After the interview was done, I got a call later on that day from the store manager asking if I can meet with the District Manager at another location. When I met with the DM, it was another girl as well.

Interview Questions
    • Between a 1-10, what would you give yourself for selling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosemont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach in July 2013.

I applied at a job fair and when I turned in my application they asked me if I read fashion blogs/magazines, asked about my experience in retail and availability. Then I was scheduled a group interview with the general manager and was told about the history of coach and what was expected of us. One or two questions were asked. Got a call for an offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult situation that you were put in and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Called me with a job offer 3 days later and after I accepted they told me how much I would be getting an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach in September 2013.

I met with the hiring manager. We sat down and they began to ask me questions about fashion and how I keep up with up and coming trends, what brands I like, and also where I shop.

Interview Questions
    There really was not a negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Went into store, filled app, set up interview

Interview Questions
    • Who are your favorite designers, how do you sell items, our items are expensive, how would you sell them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coach in February 2012.

I was placed on an one on one interview first with the assistant manager, then with the store manager. They were both really nice and encouraging when I was answering the interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the history of Coach?
      Please share your experience with customer service in terms of ClienTrack.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coach.

I submitted an online application, but also followed up with a contact in the office. After a few weeks, my future supervisor reached out to me via email. I resubmitted my resume and a cover letter to her, and we had a phone interview a week later. The phone interview lasted around 30 minutes. Several weeks later, I received a congratulatory email from my HR contact. Overall, very painless.

Interview Questions
    • If you had no access to the internet, how would you get in contact with a celebrity or their team for an event?   Answer Question

Worked for Coach? Contribute to the Community!