Coastal Carolina University

Coastal Carolina University Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Coastal Carolina University

Assistant Professor Interview

Smooth process, made to feel very welcome. Search Committee members were warm and inviting. Dean was very approachable. Although stressful, I really enjoyed my time during the interviewing process. I think I have said it all, and do not need to keep writing to pad up the minimum requirements.

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Coastal Carolina University.

Typical professor interview process for this type of university: phone interview, and later onsite research presentation and teaching demonstration.

Interview Questions
    Had to negotiate salary because it was so low. Wanted to negotiate other things such as technology and conference travel, etc. and was told this would not be part of the contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Coastal Carolina University.

I had a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The search committee seemed pretty laid back and the attendance at my teaching seminar was very low. Everyone was nice, but morale seemed to be lacking.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard - none stand out as being difficult.   Answer Question
    It was easy. I asked the Dean for more than the initial offer and he told me the maximum he was authorized to offer, which I accepted.