Cobalt

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cobalt in June 2014.

Interview Details – Had phone screen then in person interview. They asked basic interview questions.Interview wasn't hard if you know what you have done in the past. There really wasnt any question that they asked that was difficult or unexpected. All the questions they asked me I had answers to.

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cobalt in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview questions are all situational. "tell me about a time when..." The recruiters will take weeks to get back to you. I think my turn around time from interview to first day at work was 3 months.

Interview Question – No idea... they were all hard, situational questions.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview Details – Typical corporate interview process.

Interview Question – Negotiate a large starting salary - promotions are based on percentages.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cobalt in May 2011.

Interview Details – First had a scheduled phone interview with the recruiter. They were obviously just making sure I could communicate well over the phone. They then set me up with a 2-hour interview which was broken into two parts. First hour with two Team managers, and a second hour with two more Team Managers. Most of their questions had to do with how you work with internal and external clients and how you communicate with them. They are looking for real-life situations and experiences you have had and how you handled them. They do not want to hear what you "would" do. They want to know what you "have" done.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of one. They made me an offer that I liked and I accepted.

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cobalt in August 2012.

Interview Details – Lengthy and detailed. Many steps.

Interview Question – Nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A phone call.

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cobalt in May 2013.

Interview Details – The process took a whlie (a month or 2 from start to finish) First a phone interview, then we did an online test (took an hour) then an in-person interview

Interview Question – When you made a mistake, how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me more than I asked

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cobalt in April 2013.

Interview Details – The Hiring and Interview Process was very good. It was very professional and put together well. The situational questions that they asked definitely applied to the job and role itself, so that's good too.

Interview Question – In the interview process they didn't really ask any questions that were difficult or unexpected. They were typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that I would start at 47k a year and when I got the offer it was for 35k. I tried negotiating and nothing came of it. I took the job because I needed one. With that said, the negotiation phase was not good at all.

Interviewed at Cobalt

Interview Details – I wanted to submit information in another area and was requested to add additional information that I am not prepared to present since I have been with the company for awhile. I do not wish to publish incorrect information so I would prefer to not place information regarding the hiring and interview process

Negotiation Details – pretty one sided

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cobalt in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was kinda lengthy. From the time I applied for the position to my start date was 3 months. I got my first phone interview 6 weeks after I applied, then it was another 6 weeks until my start date. I would have liked to see a quick leader time between each of these interview steps. Once I had the phone inter and in-person interview, these were very quick. I believe they were within a week and was offered the position within a week after my in-person interview.

The phone interview was very informational and making sure it was a good fit for me and the company. The in-person interview was a little intimidating because you meet with 4 managers. But after my in-person interview, I knew Cobalt was going to be a great career fit.

Interview Question – The skills test. It took much longer than the recruiter said it would. It was like taking the SATs again.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cobalt

Interview Details – After applying for the position, I was contacted by the recruiter to do a phone interview. The phone interview took approximately 15 minutes and covered basic questions such as my salary requirements and knowledge of the position and company. After this I was sent an email to take a personality assessment that took approximately an hour to complete. It included statements such as "I am happy when...." and I had to agree or disagree. Approximately a week after completing the assessment, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. It was two hours long and I met with 4 different managers. We discussed the position in more detail and they asked me situational questions to get an understanding of how I would handle things. A few days after the interview I was called by the recruiter and offered the position based on a background check. I was advised to not put in my notice yet as if the background check didn't clear then I would not have the position. The background check took an additional 2 weeks and once completed I was notified I had the position.

Interview Question – The questions were the typical interview questions, nothing difficult or unexpected if you are prepared.   Answer Question

Worked for Cobalt? Contribute to the Community!