Cobalt

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cobalt in September 2013.

Interview Details – If you are interviewing for this company just be prepared for the long haul because this process was not easy. This was for the Digital Advertising Specialist/Analyst position for the ADP Cobalt office that was opening up in Detroit.

I was first contacted/hounded by a recruiter from ADP who found my resume on Career Builder. After stalking my email, we finally set up a time to talk. He didn't seem to know much though and kept on giving me that "oh the next person will know more" run around. After a week I was contacted to speak to another recruiter. The second recruiter seemed to know a bit more, but was rather snarky and asked the same questions over and over again. Maybe he was trying to catch me in a slip up? He thought I was a great fit for this position though and his "assistant" sent me an assessment, which took way longer than he said it was going to.

I was supposed to be contacted a few days after the assessment as to whether or not I will be moving forward. I was contacted a couple weeks later to set up a time to talk with a team member. This interview went actually really well and she was really knowledgeable about the company. She told me the next step would be talking with 6 team members over the phone and that I would hear back a couple days after as to if I would get the position or not.

The group phone interview ended up being set up on a friday in sets of two people for a half hour each (1.5 hours total). The first set of interviews were all behavioral with hardly any AdWords/Digital Advertising related questions. The second set of interviews were rather odd, but dug into a little bit more on the technical side. The first hour I almost felt as if I was being attacked to be perfectly honest. The last set of interviews were a little more open ended and touched base more on my qualities opposed to a constant drilling of complex rhetorical questions being thrown at me left and right like what the first half hour was.

Overall, the interview process was quite stressful to say the least. I still think it would be a cool company to work for though overall. It's just too bad the interview process had to be like that.

Interview Question – Cobalt asks a lot of behavioral style questions so study up on those! You will get many cheesy "describe a sitatuation this" or "tell me about a time that" type of questions.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview Details – The process took at least 4 months. I was contacted by one recruited pretty much telling me that I would be a good candidate for the position. Cobalt was moving to Detroit and was looking to hire for the Digital Advertising. It sounded like a great opportunity and I was pretty excited. She past my resume along to another recruiter which took him a whole month to contact me. The guy asked me a couple a questions, but really seemed nervous and not sure of himself. After the interview I was sent an assessment exam. It took another 5 weeks before I was contacted again. The second interviewer was great. He knew a lot about the company and asked great questions and gave me great information about the company. After the 2nd interview it took another 6 weeks for the group interview. The day of the interview I received a call 15 mins prior stating that everyone was sick who I was scheduled to interview with. I thought that was pretty weird but I rescheduled. I finally had my group phone interview 3 days later. The interview was with 4 people. The first set of interviewers asked questions about my skill set and certifications. The second interviewers did not really ask me any questions. It was very awkward. After the interviews I was called by the recruiter pretty much telling me that they were interested in me but was not ready to move forward until after thanksgiving which was a month out. I thought that was weird but they were a company moving to Detroit which I understood could take time. With the recruiter pretty much verbally saying had the job I was confident until a week later I get an email saying that they were going with another candidate. I emailed him back asking him what went wrong but never received an email back.

This was the worse experience I have ever had interviewing. Detroit has a very slim market for jobs and to be played with in this matter was totally unprofessional. If this how Cobalt operates stay in Seattle we don't want you in our city.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult. If you know digital advertising primarily Adwords you will be fine.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cobalt in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was excellent in my opinion except for the first initial phone interview. The HR person would get stuck on one aspect of your resume and keep hounding you on that one item. I don't know if that is purposeful in order to give you a taste of what you will be dealing with on a daily basis but it would have been nice if he had moved on at some point.

Interview Question – How would you react to an irrate customer on the phone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not a lot of negotiation on the offer from my understanding however I did not feel the need to negotiate as I felt the offer was fair compared to what I was making at my previous employer.

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cobalt in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was really great. It started out with an initial recruitment email from someone who I am pretty sure has nothing to do with the department. Just someone from HR. Had an initial dummy check phone call with them before they forwarded me onto a strange math/skill check type test. After passing that, it was a 3 hour in-person interview with some of the managers and senior employees in the department. The interview was great, and everyone was very welcoming and personable. Overall, a really good interview experience.

Interview Question – Just having to answer the same questions over and over again was a challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked for a salary rage, and offered me the extreme low end of the range I gave. Be very careful when you give them your range!!!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cobalt

Worked for Cobalt? Contribute to the Community!

Cobalt Videos

Cobalt – Why Work for Us?

Why Work at Cobalt As a premiere automotive digital marketing firm, Cobalt hires the best of the best. As an applicant, this means you have your pick of places to work-why should you choose us? Read on to find out… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cobalt Digital Advertising Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cobalt employees and interview candidates.