Cobalt

Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Advertising Specialist Interview

Digital Advertising Specialist
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cobalt in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to this position several months before I got a call from a recruiter, but I was also referred by a current employee. There was a phone interview followed by a personality/aptitude test - the test is very difficult and has personality questions, logic, math, and analogies. The test is used to see how you score relative to the employees who are already in the role for which you are applying. If you do not meet or exceed the average current employee score, your resume is not even forwarded to the manager. The day after the [successful] test scores, I was immediately invited for a 1:1 interview and a 1:2 interview, and the recruiter called within the hour to offer the job. The drug test and background check took about 2 weeks to complete.

The interview questions were different for each interview. The 1:1 was behavioral questions and job specific skills scenarios, and the 1:2 was more about the job role and talking about how I would fit into the role based on my past experiences.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a serious mistake and the impact it had on the people you were working with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This company does not negotiate. ADP is known for being fiscally conservative, and the company believes it offers benefits that are very competitive as compensation for being on the lower end of the pay scale.

Digital Advertising Specialist Interview

Digital Advertising Specialist
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cobalt in September 2011.

Interview Details – I had been recruited for several possible positions. After a successful phone screen, I was invited to 2-hours of in-person interviews. I met with four people (in twos), plus one over the phone. The interviews seemed pleasant enough. The questions asked were to assess where in the organization might be the most applicable to how I could best benefit the company. That attitude gave me hope, initially, at least.

I didn't receive any response from anyone since then (although I sent thank-you emails to everyone). I only found out that I was not offered a position because I called one of the interviewers a week later. That said, how difficult would it be for one of them to send me an email to at least thank me for coming in to the interviews? After all, I spent my time and money (on parking) on this effort. This is quite unprofessional behavior.

Worked for Cobalt? Contribute to the Community!