Cobalt Interview Questions

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cobalt (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Quick process, I found out why later. A recruiter contacted me, asked a couple of questions, and made sure I understood what the pay and commute looked like. Then I had a 1:1 phone call with the hiring manager. This was more of a "this is what we do, are you interested?" chat than a true interview. I was obviously overqualified. I ended up being invited onsite and spoke to 5 different groups of people. I got asked mostly SQL questions. These folks were clearly not aware of what the other people was asking and there was lot's of repeated questions. I learned that nobody on that team had been there for more than 3 months. I turned out this position, described as a quasi Data Science position, was really a junior analyst position, focused on extracting data and creating reports. The pay was good for this type of role, but people move on as soon as something more challenging presents itself. They are pretty much continuously filling the same positions.

Interview Questions

• A SQL query that required a not super straightforward subquery solution.   Answer Question

I was overqualified and would have had to do things I was doing 10 years ago.

Digital Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cobalt (Irvine, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Sr. Management and HR need to retrain and school hiring mangers to treat interviewee's with consideration, professionalism and class. Do not tell an interviewee you will call them as to "next steps" in the process and not follow through. I understand the job market is a buyers market and the position demand is high. Do not be so weak and even lame to not return phone calls or text messages, especially after driving 2-4 hours to an interview. Think about it. It says a lot about your company. A word to the wise for future candidates.

Interview Questions

• "Now, when I call you I want to hear some growth between SEO and Organic"   1 Answer

SEO Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cobalt (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted and interviewed by a recruiter. I was then given a skills test to be judged by management. After passing that I was interviewed in person by two of the team supervisors and department manager. After that I was offered a position and then handed off to an ADP hiring manager or specialist who processed my background check. Total process took 4 to 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If they make an offer, be a stickler on your asking price.

Acct Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cobalt (Seattle, WA).

Interview

long. But that's because they want to make sure its the right fix. Want to maintain the culture. If they like you while interviewing that's half the battle.

Negotiation

not a lot of negotiation for pay. They make an offer and tell you what the pay is. No room to negotiate

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview

Basic process is: Phone screen then in-person interview with various members of the team I was to be working with. The hardest part was the background check. That takes about a month on average, and there was some problems verifying my information which made it take longer than I would like. It all worked out in the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate. I had a salary in mind, and they exceeded it.

Account Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cobalt (Detroit, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

Had phone screen then in person interview. They asked basic interview questions.Interview wasn't hard if you know what you have done in the past. There really wasnt any question that they asked that was difficult or unexpected. All the questions they asked me I had answers to.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cobalt (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter initially, about a week after I applied. I was then put in touch of the Account Director, who contacted me by phone. After about a week, I then met with a regional account director in my region, for an in person interview. The interview went very well. After waiting for two more weeks, I was the asked to speak with the Account Manager sitting in the Seattle offices. The AM was very nice, yet had no idea why I would be speaking with her, since I had already spoken with her boss and the regional account director. Overall the process took 6 weeks. The people I spoke with were very nice, yet the process was confusing and seemed to drag on unnecessarily.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were standard and straightforward. This role was heavy digital, so a lot of the in person questions were geared to digital/interactive.   Answer Question

SEO Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview

The interview started with 1st tier recruiter which contacted me. That process was done by phone and took 20 minutes. At the end of the conversation I was scheduled with the 2nd tier recruiter for a week later. That discussion lasted about 45 minutes. About 10 days later I received a skills and personality test. My face to face interview took place with one local Manager and a Manager via conference call. Thirty minutes later there was a meeting with two more Managers and then the final conversation with the Senior Manager.

PowerSEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cobalt (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online for the job. I heard back from the recruiter a month later. I had a phone screen with her a week later. Then I did a phone interview with the two managers one week apart. Then I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• I honestly can't remember any. They were very typical questions of a SEO job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate relocation, but not salary.

Account Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cobalt (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Typical corporate interview process.

Interview Questions

• Negotiate a large starting salary - promotions are based on percentages.   Answer Question