Cobalt

Relevance Date Difficulty

SEO Specialist II Interview

SEO Specialist II
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview Details – I was contacted and interviewed by a recruiter. I was then given a skills test to be judged by management. After passing that I was interviewed in person by two of the team supervisors and department manager. After that I was offered a position and then handed off to an ADP hiring manager or specialist who processed my background check. Total process took 4 to 5 weeks.

Interview Question – Where do you see as the next big trend in SEO?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If they make an offer, be a stickler on your asking price.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Digital Marketing Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cobalt in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter initially, about a week after I applied. I was then put in touch of the Account Director, who contacted me by phone. After about a week, I then met with a regional account director in my region, for an in person interview. The interview went very well. After waiting for two more weeks, I was the asked to speak with the Account Manager sitting in the Seattle offices. The AM was very nice, yet had no idea why I would be speaking with her, since I had already spoken with her boss and the regional account director.

Overall the process took 6 weeks. The people I spoke with were very nice, yet the process was confusing and seemed to drag on unnecessarily.

Interview Question – All of the questions were standard and straightforward. This role was heavy digital, so a lot of the in person questions were geared to digital/interactive.   Answer Question

PowerSEO Specialist II Interview

PowerSEO Specialist II
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cobalt in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was actually approached by Cobalt's director of SEO via LinkedIn about the job opportunity. Once I submitted my application & had my first phone interview, the entire process lasted just over a month. First interview was with a Recruiter there. She sent me what I would call an SEO test to fill out and send back to her. Basically just a simple 'here's what I would do to optimize this content' type thing. After that, I had a phone interview with an SEO team leader and we went over my SEO test together & discussed the job role. A week or so later, I spoke with who would be my future SEO team manager. Another week passed, Took a drug test. About two weeks after that I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Nothing super difficult or technical in terms of SEO. Just basic work style questions & experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was able to get 2k worth of relocation bonus (moved from out of state)

Acct Advocate Interview

Acct Advocate
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview Details – long. But that's because they want to make sure its the right fix. Want to maintain the culture. If they like you while interviewing that's half the battle.

Negotiation Details – not a lot of negotiation for pay. They make an offer and tell you what the pay is. No room to negotiate

Account Advocate Interview

Account Advocate
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cobalt in June 2014.

Interview Details – Had phone screen then in person interview. They asked basic interview questions.Interview wasn't hard if you know what you have done in the past. There really wasnt any question that they asked that was difficult or unexpected. All the questions they asked me I had answers to.

Business Intelligence Analyst II Interview

Business Intelligence Analyst II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview Details – Basic process is: Phone screen then in-person interview with various members of the team I was to be working with.
The hardest part was the background check. That takes about a month on average, and there was some problems verifying my information which made it take longer than I would like. It all worked out in the end.

Interview Question – The questions are not hard if you know your stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not need to negotiate. I had a salary in mind, and they exceeded it.

Cobalt Interview

Cobalt
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cobalt in August 2013.

Interview Details – Consisted of a phone interview, and one in person interview. During the interview I met with two groups and each group ask me a bunch of situation questions such as "when was the last time you took a risk?"

Interview Question – None of the questions where extremely difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I came back with a counter offer and they made a final offer just under what I asked.

Account Advocate Interview

Account Advocate
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cobalt in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview questions are all situational. "tell me about a time when..." The recruiters will take weeks to get back to you. I think my turn around time from interview to first day at work was 3 months.

Interview Question – No idea... they were all hard, situational questions.   Answer Question

SEO Specialist Interview

SEO Specialist

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview Details – The interview started with 1st tier recruiter which contacted me. That process was done by phone and took 20 minutes. At the end of the conversation I was scheduled with the 2nd tier recruiter for a week later. That discussion lasted about 45 minutes. About 10 days later I received a skills and personality test. My face to face interview took place with one local Manager and a Manager via conference call. Thirty minutes later there was a meeting with two more Managers and then the final conversation with the Senior Manager.

Interview Question – How did you handle a major loss of SERP positions?   Answer Question

PowerSEO Specialist Interview

PowerSEO Specialist
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview Details – I applied online for the job. I heard back from the recruiter a month later. I had a phone screen with her a week later. Then I did a phone interview with the two managers one week apart. Then I was offered a job.

Interview Question – I honestly can't remember any. They were very typical questions of a SEO job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate relocation, but not salary.

Worked for Cobalt? Contribute to the Community!