Cobalt

73 candidate interviews

Digital Advertising Specialist Interview

Digital Advertising Specialist
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cobalt in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to this position several months before I got a call from a recruiter, but I was also referred by a current employee. There was a phone interview followed by a personality/aptitude test - the test is very difficult and has personality questions, logic, math, and analogies. The test is used to see how you score relative to the employees who are already in the role for which you are applying. If you do not meet or exceed the average current employee score, your resume is not even forwarded to the manager. The day after the [successful] test scores, I was immediately invited for a 1:1 interview and a 1:2 interview, and the recruiter called within the hour to offer the job. The drug test and background check took about 2 weeks to complete.

The interview questions were different for each interview. The 1:1 was behavioral questions and job specific skills scenarios, and the 1:2 was more about the job role and talking about how I would fit into the role based on my past experiences.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a serious mistake and the impact it had on the people you were working with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This company does not negotiate. ADP is known for being fiscally conservative, and the company believes it offers benefits that are very competitive as compensation for being on the lower end of the pay scale.

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cobalt in October 2009.

Interview Details – Ir'a a pretty lengthy interview process with a lot of managers plus some personality tests. It wasn't very smooth when I interviewed, but I hear it's better now

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate as I was offered the first salary I requested

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Cobalt in September 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen was about :30. I was invited for an on-site interview later that week. I then had 2 separate 2 hour sessions. Each session was with a set of 2 UI developers, who asked a load of questions about HTML/CSS/JS and had me work some problems out on the whiteboard. Had lunch with senior managers which focused on experience, direction, etc.

Interview Question – I was asked to create a simple API using OOP Javascript, and then we extended it out to add functionality and options without changing the initial API.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple ... the initial offer was actually more than I'd expected, so it was an easy accept on my end.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cobalt in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was kinda lengthy. From the time I applied for the position to my start date was 3 months. I got my first phone interview 6 weeks after I applied, then it was another 6 weeks until my start date. I would have liked to see a quick leader time between each of these interview steps. Once I had the phone inter and in-person interview, these were very quick. I believe they were within a week and was offered the position within a week after my in-person interview.

The phone interview was very informational and making sure it was a good fit for me and the company. The in-person interview was a little intimidating because you meet with 4 managers. But after my in-person interview, I knew Cobalt was going to be a great career fit.

Interview Question – The skills test. It took much longer than the recruiter said it would. It was like taking the SATs again.   Answer Question

Digital Advertising Analyst Interview

Digital Advertising Analyst
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cobalt in September 2013.

Interview Details – If you are interviewing for this company just be prepared for the long haul because this process was not easy. This was for the Digital Advertising Specialist/Analyst position for the ADP Cobalt office that was opening up in Detroit.

I was first contacted/hounded by a recruiter from ADP who found my resume on Career Builder. After stalking my email, we finally set up a time to talk. He didn't seem to know much though and kept on giving me that "oh the next person will know more" run around. After a week I was contacted to speak to another recruiter. The second recruiter seemed to know a bit more, but was rather snarky and asked the same questions over and over again. Maybe he was trying to catch me in a slip up? He thought I was a great fit for this position though and his "assistant" sent me an assessment, which took way longer than he said it was going to.

I was supposed to be contacted a few days after the assessment as to whether or not I will be moving forward. I was contacted a couple weeks later to set up a time to talk with a team member. This interview went actually really well and she was really knowledgeable about the company. She told me the next step would be talking with 6 team members over the phone and that I would hear back a couple days after as to if I would get the position or not.

The group phone interview ended up being set up on a friday in sets of two people for a half hour each (1.5 hours total). The first set of interviews were all behavioral with hardly any AdWords/Digital Advertising related questions. The second set of interviews were rather odd, but dug into a little bit more on the technical side. The first hour I almost felt as if I was being attacked to be perfectly honest. The last set of interviews were a little more open ended and touched base more on my qualities opposed to a constant drilling of complex rhetorical questions being thrown at me left and right like what the first half hour was.

Overall, the interview process was quite stressful to say the least. I still think it would be a cool company to work for though overall. It's just too bad the interview process had to be like that.

Interview Question – Cobalt asks a lot of behavioral style questions so study up on those! You will get many cheesy "describe a sitatuation this" or "tell me about a time that" type of questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cobalt in September 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter for Cobalt, had an interview within a few days. Interview was standard I believe - 4-5 hours with multiple technical and management people. I liked that there were not any "gotcha" or silly questions, but that the technical engineers asked deep (and still difficult) questions.

Interview Question – Create a blocking queue without using standard libraries.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cobalt, due to ADP policies, will require you to take a drug test. Otherwise, negotiation was quick and I felt like I was treated appropriately.

PowerSEO Specialist Interview

PowerSEO Specialist
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview Details – Interviewed in January, wasn't hired til September, Way too long.

Interview Question – Can't remember.   Answer Question

Digital Solutions Manager Interview

Digital Solutions Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Cobalt in December 2011.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews (initial screening interview and with the VP of Sales), 1 face to face interview with the Director of Sales

Interview Question – When I was asked to role play with the VP of Sales.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is a set salary schedule based on the geographical territory

Digital Solutions Manager Interview

Digital Solutions Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cobalt in August 2013.

Interview Details – Great communications with the recruiter from start to finish. Reached out several times to check in. Had great interaction with the manager and her partner. Was a lengthy interview process and took quite a long time to finish. HIring process with a little difficult as well because was unable to make a smooth transition.

Interview Question – Most questions were common and expected... nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cobalt in August 2012.

Interview Details – Lengthy and detailed. Many steps.

Interview Question – Nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A phone call.

Worked for Cobalt? Contribute to the Community!