Cobalt Interview Questions

Account Advocate Interview

Interview

After applying for the position, I was contacted by the recruiter to do a phone interview. The phone interview took approximately 15 minutes and covered basic questions such as my salary requirements and knowledge of the position and company. After this I was sent an email to take a personality assessment that took approximately an hour to complete. It included statements such as "I am happy when...." and I had to agree or disagree. Approximately a week after completing the assessment, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. It was two hours long and I met with 4 different managers. We discussed the position in more detail and they asked me situational questions to get an understanding of how I would handle things. A few days after the interview I was called by the recruiter and offered the position based on a background check. I was advised to not put in my notice yet as if the background check didn't clear then I would not have the position. The background check took an additional 2 weeks and once completed I was notified I had the position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the typical interview questions, nothing difficult or unexpected if you are prepared.   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview

Panel interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Add a bigger portion to my salary than I thought

Account Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview

Once I applied for the position I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. Once that was completed the second step was to complete an online assessment which went over personality traits and come basic math comprehension. The last step was to come into the Seattle office and have a 2 round interview where each round I met with two account advocate managers and was asked about my prior experiences. The culture was the first thing I noticed here at the office. Everyone seemed really excited to be here and the dress in the office is very casual and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• I have had a lot of qualified people I referred to this position not make it past the online assessment which is hard to believe.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't seem to want to negotiate and told me what the starting salary was.

Email Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple and straight forward. No tricks, they just want to see if you can do the job, do it without much supervision and be trusted to take care of their client relationships. Integrity and work environment is a big deal here.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss how you handle difficult clients (if your job will be customer facing) or difficult internal clients (engineering, for example).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. They knew my requirements and they met them.

Digital Advertising Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cobalt (Detroit, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

If you are interviewing for this company just be prepared for the long haul because this process was not easy. This was for the Digital Advertising Specialist/Analyst position for the ADP Cobalt office that was opening up in Detroit. I was first contacted/hounded by a recruiter from ADP who found my resume on Career Builder. After stalking my email, we finally set up a time to talk. He didn't seem to know much though and kept on giving me that "oh the next person will know more" run around. After a week I was contacted to speak to another recruiter. The second recruiter seemed to know a bit more, but was rather snarky and asked the same questions over and over again. Maybe he was trying to catch me in a slip up? He thought I was a great fit for this position though and his "assistant" sent me an assessment, which took way longer than he said it was going to. I was supposed to be contacted a few days after the assessment as to whether or not I will be moving forward. I was contacted a couple weeks later to set up a time to talk with a team member. This interview went actually really well and she was really knowledgeable about the company. She told me the next step would be talking with 6 team members over the phone and that I would hear back a couple days after as to if I would get the position or not. The group phone interview ended up being set up on a friday in sets of two people for a half hour each (1.5 hours total). The first set of interviews were all behavioral with hardly any AdWords/Digital Advertising related questions. The second set of interviews were rather odd, but dug into a little bit more on the technical side. The first hour I almost felt as if I was being attacked to be perfectly honest. The last set of interviews were a little more open ended and touched base more on my qualities opposed to a constant drilling of complex rhetorical questions being thrown at me left and right like what the first half hour was. Overall, the interview process was quite stressful to say the least. I still think it would be a cool company to work for though overall. It's just too bad the interview process had to be like that.

Interview Questions

• Cobalt asks a lot of behavioral style questions so study up on those! You will get many cheesy "describe a sitatuation this" or "tell me about a time that" type of questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview

Loved the turnaround time. It was really quick. The interviewers were amazing, very smart, technical and friendly.

Services, Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cobalt (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After being vetted by a recruiter, you usually meet with 3-4 people, in one on one (or two on one) sessions that last 30 mins. One of those people is typically the hiring manager. Expect to be there for a couple of hours at least. You may also be asked to take online assessment(s) prior to interviewing. In my experience, they do move fast and an offer came after the one in-person interview and a follow-up phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Cobalt uses behavioral interviewing, so be prepared to provide specific examples when asked questions about your previous work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was initially offered a salary lower than what I had been making plus a signing bonus. When I asked for my previous salary to be met, that request was accommodated (although no signing bonus). I found that I was treated fairly in the negotiation process, although I did not attempt to do any hard bargaining.

Cobalt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cobalt (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview, and one in person interview. During the interview I met with two groups and each group ask me a bunch of situation questions such as "when was the last time you took a risk?"

Interview Questions

• None of the questions where extremely difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I came back with a counter offer and they made a final offer just under what I asked.

Digital Solutions Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cobalt in August 2013.

Interview

Great communications with the recruiter from start to finish. Reached out several times to check in. Had great interaction with the manager and her partner. Was a lengthy interview process and took quite a long time to finish. HIring process with a little difficult as well because was unable to make a smooth transition.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were common and expected... nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

PowerSEO Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cobalt (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

I was actually approached by Cobalt's director of SEO via LinkedIn about the job opportunity. Once I submitted my application & had my first phone interview, the entire process lasted just over a month. First interview was with a Recruiter there. She sent me what I would call an SEO test to fill out and send back to her. Basically just a simple 'here's what I would do to optimize this content' type thing. After that, I had a phone interview with an SEO team leader and we went over my SEO test together & discussed the job role. A week or so later, I spoke with who would be my future SEO team manager. Another week passed, Took a drug test. About two weeks after that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing super difficult or technical in terms of SEO. Just basic work style questions & experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

was able to get 2k worth of relocation bonus (moved from out of state)