Cobalt

Cobalt Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cobalt in July 2013.

The interview process was kinda lengthy. From the time I applied for the position to my start date was 3 months. I got my first phone interview 6 weeks after I applied, then it was another 6 weeks until my start date. I would have liked to see a quick leader time between each of these interview steps. Once I had the phone inter and in-person interview, these were very quick. I believe they were within a week and was offered the position within a week after my in-person interview.

The phone interview was very informational and making sure it was a good fit for me and the company. The in-person interview was a little intimidating because you meet with 4 managers. But after my in-person interview, I knew Cobalt was going to be a great career fit.

Interview Questions
    • The skills test. It took much longer than the recruiter said it would. It was like taking the SATs again.   Answer Question

Account Advocate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cobalt.

After applying, I received an e-mail to fill out an online application. Once completed, I received a call and email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic and lasted for about 20 minutes. After the phone interview, I waited for about a week and received a call about setting up an interview in-person. After that, I got notice within 1 business day about the offer.

Not much of a negotiation. I got what I wanted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cobalt in May 2013.

The process took a whlie (a month or 2 from start to finish) First a phone interview, then we did an online test (took an hour) then an in-person interview

Interview Questions
    They gave me more than I asked

Account Advocate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cobalt.

The initial Interview was a phone interview. They asked the typical phone interview questions. Work history, what work experience do you have that relates to this job. About a week and half later I did a online assessment and didn't hear anything after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cobalt in April 2013.

The Hiring and Interview Process was very good. It was very professional and put together well. The situational questions that they asked definitely applied to the job and role itself, so that's good too.

Interview Questions
    • In the interview process they didn't really ask any questions that were difficult or unexpected. They were typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    I was told that I would start at 47k a year and when I got the offer it was for 35k. I tried negotiating and nothing came of it. I took the job because I needed one. With that said, the negotiation phase was not good at all.

Client Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cobalt in April 2013.

The hiring and interview process was lengthy. First there was a phone interview. Next was an in-person interview with a team of four managers, one of which was on the phone with us in a conference room. Interview questions in both cases were primarily concerning technical expertise, customer service and phone skills, and previous related experience. After the interview there was a call monitoring visit where I sat with another Client Technical Analyst and observed them for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any questions to be difficult or unexpected. They all pertained to experience and expertise.   Answer Question
    Don't expect a lot of wiggle room. They seem to have a take it or leave it attitude by and large.

Digital Advertising Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cobalt in April 2013.

The interview process was excellent in my opinion except for the first initial phone interview. The HR person would get stuck on one aspect of your resume and keep hounding you on that one item. I don't know if that is purposeful in order to give you a taste of what you will be dealing with on a daily basis but it would have been nice if he had moved on at some point.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to an irrate customer on the phone?   Answer Question
    There is not a lot of negotiation on the offer from my understanding however I did not feel the need to negotiate as I felt the offer was fair compared to what I was making at my previous employer.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cobalt in March 2013.

Don't bother applying if you're over 50 - the most senior interviewer actually told me they were looking for someone younger. Age discrimination?

Brief phone interview, followed by on-site interview within 1 week. On site interviews were 1-on-1 with 4 different people.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty basic, general about my background and why I want to work there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cobalt.

Extremely low-key upon initial contact from company. Began with over the phone rundown of job and company. Multiple single person interviews with position managers who all ask similar, but slightly differently worded questions, one after another. Interviews all about 15 minutes each. At the time I was hired, there was no second interview session.

Interview Questions
    They gave me what I asked for, which was already in line with their rates, so there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cobalt in February 2013.

This is the 2nd time I have applied for this position and received an interview, but was a more automated process. I submitted my application on their website and was then sent an email to fill out yet another online application (very similar to the one on their site.) It also asks if you have every applied before and the dates, which I answered honestly. After about a week or two, I received an email asking me to follow a link and select a time for a phone interview. Their system is a bit screwy as there were no dates or times available and that was only 30 minutes after I received the notification. I called the 800 number and they told me that the email must've beat their system as there were no dates/times available yet and to keep trying. I the exact same email the next day, so I decided to try again. Again, no dates/times were available. I tried the link sporadically for another week or two and finally nailed down a time.

The day of the phone interview, the questions were much like the first time around. Very basic, what do currently do, why are you leaving, etc. They also asked me what my salary requirements were and since I was told before that it tops out at $50k, I used that as my minimum, especially since this I've been doing this type of work for a few years now. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and was brief and to the point. Not very engaging, but I already knew they churn people out of this place so I wasn't expecting much from the recruiter. Before we got off the phone, she asked if they needed me to come in for a face to face interview next week or the following week, could I make it, which I replied that I could. So she proceeds to tell me that the next step is for them to send me an online assessment (aka personality test) and if all looks good to the hiring manager that they would bring me in for the f2f. Two days later, I receive and automated email telling me they decided to go forward with candidates that more closely fit their needs.