Cobalt

Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Advertising Analyst Interview

Digital Advertising Analyst
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview Details – The process took at least 4 months. I was contacted by one recruited pretty much telling me that I would be a good candidate for the position. Cobalt was moving to Detroit and was looking to hire for the Digital Advertising. It sounded like a great opportunity and I was pretty excited. She past my resume along to another recruiter which took him a whole month to contact me. The guy asked me a couple a questions, but really seemed nervous and not sure of himself. After the interview I was sent an assessment exam. It took another 5 weeks before I was contacted again. The second interviewer was great. He knew a lot about the company and asked great questions and gave me great information about the company. After the 2nd interview it took another 6 weeks for the group interview. The day of the interview I received a call 15 mins prior stating that everyone was sick who I was scheduled to interview with. I thought that was pretty weird but I rescheduled. I finally had my group phone interview 3 days later. The interview was with 4 people. The first set of interviewers asked questions about my skill set and certifications. The second interviewers did not really ask me any questions. It was very awkward. After the interviews I was called by the recruiter pretty much telling me that they were interested in me but was not ready to move forward until after thanksgiving which was a month out. I thought that was weird but they were a company moving to Detroit which I understood could take time. With the recruiter pretty much verbally saying had the job I was confident until a week later I get an email saying that they were going with another candidate. I emailed him back asking him what went wrong but never received an email back.

This was the worse experience I have ever had interviewing. Detroit has a very slim market for jobs and to be played with in this matter was totally unprofessional. If this how Cobalt operates stay in Seattle we don't want you in our city.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult. If you know digital advertising primarily Adwords you will be fine.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Data Scientist

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cobalt in December 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me and gave me on site interview. Interviewers were very nice. The whole interview process gave me a good experience. All questions were normal and they didn't ask anything special.

Interview Question – 5 people interviewed me. All of them asked questions about my resume. 1 of them asked a programming question and 2 of them asked questions to write SQL queries.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cobalt in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was kinda lengthy. From the time I applied for the position to my start date was 3 months. I got my first phone interview 6 weeks after I applied, then it was another 6 weeks until my start date. I would have liked to see a quick leader time between each of these interview steps. Once I had the phone inter and in-person interview, these were very quick. I believe they were within a week and was offered the position within a week after my in-person interview.

The phone interview was very informational and making sure it was a good fit for me and the company. The in-person interview was a little intimidating because you meet with 4 managers. But after my in-person interview, I knew Cobalt was going to be a great career fit.

Interview Question – The skills test. It took much longer than the recruiter said it would. It was like taking the SATs again.   Answer Question

PowerSEO Specialist Interview

PowerSEO Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview Details – About 4 interviews over a two month span. I did them over the phone, wasn't anything too difficult.

Interview Question – There were no curveballs.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cobalt in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was standard - phone interview with general recruiter, second phone interview with technical recruiter, third interview in person with hiring managers. The biggest frustration was the background check - not that they ran one, that's fine. The fact that they couldn't find my W2 info, and told me that to continue my application, I had to call the IRS and get the last 10 years of my W2s was frustrating. What was more frustrating was that I paid 3 times to fax it to them, and that 3 times they said they didn't get it, and insinuated that I hadn't actually sent it. The 4th time, the individual admitted they had provided their old fax number.

Interview Question – There wasn't really a "difficult" question - half customer service, half standard, basic technical abilities questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cobalt

Interview Details – After applying for the position, I was contacted by the recruiter to do a phone interview. The phone interview took approximately 15 minutes and covered basic questions such as my salary requirements and knowledge of the position and company. After this I was sent an email to take a personality assessment that took approximately an hour to complete. It included statements such as "I am happy when...." and I had to agree or disagree. Approximately a week after completing the assessment, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. It was two hours long and I met with 4 different managers. We discussed the position in more detail and they asked me situational questions to get an understanding of how I would handle things. A few days after the interview I was called by the recruiter and offered the position based on a background check. I was advised to not put in my notice yet as if the background check didn't clear then I would not have the position. The background check took an additional 2 weeks and once completed I was notified I had the position.

Interview Question – The questions were the typical interview questions, nothing difficult or unexpected if you are prepared.   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Client Services Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview Details – Panel interview

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Add a bigger portion to my salary than I thought

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Cobalt in September 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen was about :30. I was invited for an on-site interview later that week. I then had 2 separate 2 hour sessions. Each session was with a set of 2 UI developers, who asked a load of questions about HTML/CSS/JS and had me work some problems out on the whiteboard. Had lunch with senior managers which focused on experience, direction, etc.

Interview Question – I was asked to create a simple API using OOP Javascript, and then we extended it out to add functionality and options without changing the initial API.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple ... the initial offer was actually more than I'd expected, so it was an easy accept on my end.

Account Advocate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cobalt.

Interview Details – Once I applied for the position I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. Once that was completed the second step was to complete an online assessment which went over personality traits and come basic math comprehension. The last step was to come into the Seattle office and have a 2 round interview where each round I met with two account advocate managers and was asked about my prior experiences. The culture was the first thing I noticed here at the office. Everyone seemed really excited to be here and the dress in the office is very casual and comfortable.

Interview Question – I have had a lot of qualified people I referred to this position not make it past the online assessment which is hard to believe.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't seem to want to negotiate and told me what the starting salary was.

Digital Advertising Analyst Interview

Digital Advertising Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cobalt in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was excellent in my opinion except for the first initial phone interview. The HR person would get stuck on one aspect of your resume and keep hounding you on that one item. I don't know if that is purposeful in order to give you a taste of what you will be dealing with on a daily basis but it would have been nice if he had moved on at some point.

Interview Question – How would you react to an irrate customer on the phone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not a lot of negotiation on the offer from my understanding however I did not feel the need to negotiate as I felt the offer was fair compared to what I was making at my previous employer.