Cobalt

Cobalt SEO Specialist Interview Questions

4.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

SEO Specialist Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cobalt.

The interview started with 1st tier recruiter which contacted me. That process was done by phone and took 20 minutes. At the end of the conversation I was scheduled with the 2nd tier recruiter for a week later. That discussion lasted about 45 minutes. About 10 days later I received a skills and personality test. My face to face interview took place with one local Manager and a Manager via conference call. Thirty minutes later there was a meeting with two more Managers and then the final conversation with the Senior Manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cobalt

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cobalt in June 2011.

The phone interview was a basic screening with a recruitment specialist. I received the call pretty quickly after submission of my application (within a few days). This call was probably about 15 minutes and they did ask me what salary I was looking for, so that's something to be prepared for.

I was then requested to take a personality/IQ test. I think they said it would take 20 minutes... but it was more like an hour+. There's math on there, so you might want to brush up a bit if it's been a while. Calculators are not allowed and I think part of what they are measuring is honesty. This test is a pain but I'm glad that people have to take it as it does help considerably with company culture.

After they reviewed my personality/IQ test, I received a call to set up an in-office interview. The view is beautiful if you are coming on a sunny day in particular. It was a Friday and associates were lined up for Cheer30 - free food and social time. This gave me a pretty good feel for the company culture. My interview started with two people and then a 3rd replaced them. Most of the questions were similar so you may need to repeat yourself a bit but all in all I think it went well. They are really looking for people who are a fit for the position and company culture, so be natural but professional and it will be best for everyone. Most questions are behavioral in nature so be prepared with lots of examples of your work and thinking process.

Following the successful interview I had to have a drug test (required for everyone) and they ran my background check. The background check is pretty detailed, particularly when it comes to work history. I believe they gave me an offer before running these things but it was contingent on their success.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had too much to do and were working on a deadline. How did you handle it?   View Answer
    The pay they offered me was on the high end of my requested salary, so I did not negotiate.