Cobalt

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cobalt in March 2010.

Be prepared for a full day of interviews. This process was new to me, so bring a lunch if they don't tell you one is provided. You'll meet with 1-2 people at a time in about 45 minute increments for the duration of the day. It provides a well-rounded picture for the employer, but can be grueling for the interviewee if not ready.

Luckily, my interview was at the end of the day because of my schedule, but I've since been on the other side of the table, and I know my experience was not the norm.

Interview Questions
  • "Where do you see yourself in five years?"   View Answer
They extended a much more generous offer than anticipated so I accepted after just considering for a few hours. To add a cherry on top, rather than offer the signing bonus originally mentioned, they decided to increase the offered salary by that amount (but regularly for each year, which was better than a one-time bonus).