Cobalt

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Senior User Experience Designer
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cobalt in March 2010.

Interview Details – Be prepared for a full day of interviews. This process was new to me, so bring a lunch if they don't tell you one is provided. You'll meet with 1-2 people at a time in about 45 minute increments for the duration of the day. It provides a well-rounded picture for the employer, but can be grueling for the interviewee if not ready.

Luckily, my interview was at the end of the day because of my schedule, but I've since been on the other side of the table, and I know my experience was not the norm.

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself in five years?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They extended a much more generous offer than anticipated so I accepted after just considering for a few hours. To add a cherry on top, rather than offer the signing bonus originally mentioned, they decided to increase the offered salary by that amount (but regularly for each year, which was better than a one-time bonus).

Worked for Cobalt? Contribute to the Community!