Cobalt Software Applications Engineer IV Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Applications Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cobalt in March 2011.

After initially being contacted by an internal recruiter, I went through two rounds of phone interviews, each with different individuals. This lead to my acceptance as a candidate for an in-person interview, for which Cobalt flew me out to Seattle from the Midwest US. I stayed overnight and, though unable to enjoy most of the sights and sounds of the area, it was a pleasure just to look out the 8th floor lobby windows over Puget Sound on the surprisingly beautiful, sunny day of my interview.

The in-person interview involved multiple rounds, each with a different interviewer or pair from various levels of the senior development staff. Questions asked hit all across the spectrum and touched on much of what I had learned through both experience and education.

Interview Questions
  • As my interview was several years ago already, I don't recall the details of the questions asked very much. However, there was one that touched on several advanced topics in JavaScript, particularly including closures, prototypal inheritance.   Answer Question

Worked for Cobalt? Contribute to the Community!