Cobank

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Credit Development Associate Interview

Credit Development Associate

The process took 5 months - interviewed at Cobank.

Interview Details – The process was two separate phone interviews with two different people, followed by a full day of five separate interviews at their corporate campus with five different people, plus a lunch with two different people. I also had to get five professional references to fill out an online survey about me.

My main beef with the interview process was that it took five months as well as nobody following through with me and refusing to return my phone calls and emails. A five month process is ridiculous and unreasonable for an entry-level job. Most CEO searches don't take that long.

After my interviews on the main campus, they told me they expected to have an answer in 2 weeks. I waited 3 weeks and then called the recruiter. She didn't return my call. I waited another week and emailed the recruiter, no response. I called again and spoke to the recruiting assistant who relayed my message to the recruiter, still no response. Finally, the recruiter called me over a month later, saying she had been ignoring me because she didn't have an answer yet and informed me they had chosen a different candidate.

The professional thing to do would have been to keep me in the loop as to the process, and if they don't have an answer yet, return my call or email and tell me so. The whole time I had other job opportunities on the table that I couldn't move forward with because I was waiting on Cobank.

Besides those issues, the interviews and the questions in them were pretty standard. Asked questions about my background, work experience, education etc. Just over and over again with different people.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Golden Valley, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cobank.

Interview Details – Longest interview process I've ever been through. Interviews ran over scheduled time and I interviewed in person with 3 people in person on several different days (not including several phone interviews with recruiter/HR). I know later (as the job market worsened) that candidates for the department had an even longer gauntlet of interviews with every possible stakeholder.

Interview Question – What do you feel are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had gotten a call from a recruiter to see if I was interested and asked what salary I'd require. Initial offer was for exactly that number - if the bonus was counted. CoBank is good about paying out bonuses.

Credit Development Associate Interview

Credit Development Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cobank.

Interview Details – First there was about a 30 minute phone interview with HR just outlining your past experience, skills and availability.

Next, there was a half day session of interviews with over 6 current CoBank employees.

It was not very hard, just a long day.

Interview Question – Mostly just questions on your resume and your past experiences

Nothing really difficult or tricky.
  Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cobank in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 2 people, separately, who both used the exact same interview questions (did not coordinate in advance).

Negotiation Details – I went through a recruiter, and they accepted my offer.

Irrelevant Interview

Irrelevant
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cobank in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process is good, and immediate, direct report to manager needs more authority to select and choose the best fit for the position.

Interview Question – HR is too involved in the selection process and has no idea of the individual's experience, talent and individual, personal integrity/class.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation. HR has a salary range to utilize.

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cobank in February 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was a phone call with someone from HR. Mostly this was just to get a feel of what type of person I am and if I would fit into the company.

Second interview was with people in IT. They were mostly trying to figure out where my skill set is in terms of application development, as well as how I solve problems. The problem solving aspect was almost always more important than the actual answer being correct.

The third and final interview was with my future boss. This was mostly a formality to make sure he was happy with fit on the team.

Interview Question – Answered various questions on CSS and .net MVC architecture.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. I was pretty much told by my recruiter that their offer was going to be firm.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cobank in April 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interview was similar to the one on one interview. They asked employment history and management style. I answered the same to both, however, I was not offered the position due to lack of specific experience. Not sure how that knowledge changed from one interview to the next but that is what I was told. The questions in the one on one interview were more of what I expected from the HR phone interview. Not someone I would choose to work with had I been offered the position as her demeanor was cold and uninviting.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you helped someone?   Answer Question

Leasing Services Specialist Interview

Leasing Services Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cobank in November 2010.

Interview Details – 3 people there. The team leads. They ask you specific and open ended questions. It lasts about an hour.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you......
Why do you want to work here.....
What can we expect from you.....
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Corporate Loan Group Interview

Corporate Loan Group

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cobank in October 2010.

Interview Details – CoBANK has a corporate culture of making decisions by consensus and making decisions slowly. Since their customers are their shareholders (co is for co-operative), they have an incentive to think things through. This is good in that it allowed them to avoid the 2008 financial crisis. This is bad when it means that picking between the final two candidates takes weeks. Literally, the last interview was over two weeks ago and by the time they make an offer to one of us, I bet we'll both have accepted jobs elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CoBANK?   View Answer
  • It says on your resume that you are an avid reader. What have you read recently and how has it impacted your work?   View Answer

Worked for Cobank? Contribute to the Community!