Cobb County School District

Relevance Date Difficulty

Classroom Teacher Interview

Classroom Teacher
Marietta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cobb County School District in March 2010.

Interview Details – All interviews are conducted by the principal and assistant principal of each school. Most of the time, they let you know before you leave whether they are planning to offer you the job. Although, according to the district's policy, they are not supposed to do this. Principals are forced to interview a certain number of people that have applied, even though they plan to hire within.

Interview Question – What experience did I have in teaching reading? If I knew about Success For All and guided reading.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

TTSS Interview

TTSS

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cobb County School District in March 2012.

Interview Details – Panel interview. Low pressure.

Interview Question – Low pressure. Not really any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The difficult part of determining your salary was verifying previous work history.

Food Service Assistant Interview

Food Service Assistant
Marietta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cobb County School District in August 2013.

Interview Details – referred by another food service manager who interviewed me during the summer months. Offered the position over the phone by my current manager.

Negotiation Details – be flexible and willing to learn new things

Very Easy Interview

Teacher/Middle School/High School Interview

Teacher/Middle School/High School
Marietta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cobb County School District.

Interview Details – I hired in before the Internet became the primary way to submit a resume and all documentation. Back then, I interviewed first at the County Office, then I was sent to a specific school with an opening that matched my qualifications. There I interviewed with 2 principals. The offer officially came from the System Office the next day. I don't know if this is the same pattern now that applications are handled online.

Interview Question – I think the most difficult question in any teacher interview is to explain your philosophy of education.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In education, teaching in particular, there is no negotiation process. You are offered a contract, and pay is based on degree and years of experience. Though, that system is likely changing as Common Core comes into effect and as teacher evaluation models change.

Teacher Interview

Teacher

I applied online - interviewed at Cobb County School District in April 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call to conduct an interview with human resources. Sent my résumé to principals at schools I was interested in. After two weeks, human resources contacted me to set up an interview with a principal. The interview was a panel and I was offered a position that week.

Interview Question – Situational based questions; not necessarily difficult.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant/Secretary IV Central Office Interview

Administrative Assistant/Secretary IV Central Office
Marietta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Cobb County School District in August 2008.

Interview Details – It is almost impossible to get an interview because of the large volume of applicants.
You have to get your name out there but emailing or sending resume to the school or site you want to work. If you do get an interview, it is likely they already have someone in mind (85%) of the time. Most interviews are set up by the secretary and you might interview with as many as 4-5 people at one time in the room.

Interview Question – What are your faults.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Teacher Interview

Teacher

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cobb County School District in June 2008.

Interview Details – The principal was obviously a very unhappy person - I regret taking the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotaition.

Graduation Coach Interview

Graduation Coach

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cobb County School District in April 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was very rushed and not what I would call a typical interview. I think my principal was advised they needed to hire me and wasn't happy about this,

Interview Questions

Worked for Cobb County School District? Contribute to the Community!