Cobb County School District

Cobb County School District Interview Questions

2.8

Teacher/Middle School/High School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cobb County School District.

I hired in before the Internet became the primary way to submit a resume and all documentation. Back then, I interviewed first at the County Office, then I was sent to a specific school with an opening that matched my qualifications. There I interviewed with 2 principals. The offer officially came from the System Office the next day. I don't know if this is the same pattern now that applications are handled online.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question in any teacher interview is to explain your philosophy of education.   View Answer
    In education, teaching in particular, there is no negotiation process. You are offered a contract, and pay is based on degree and years of experience. Though, that system is likely changing as Common Core comes into effect and as teacher evaluation models change.

Food Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cobb County School District in August 2013.

referred by another food service manager who interviewed me during the summer months. Offered the position over the phone by my current manager.

be flexible and willing to learn new things

TTSS Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cobb County School District in March 2012.

Panel interview. Low pressure.

Interview Questions
    The difficult part of determining your salary was verifying previous work history.

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cobb County School District in March 2010.

All interviews are conducted by the principal and assistant principal of each school. Most of the time, they let you know before you leave whether they are planning to offer you the job. Although, according to the district's policy, they are not supposed to do this. Principals are forced to interview a certain number of people that have applied, even though they plan to hire within.

Interview Questions
    • What experience did I have in teaching reading? If I knew about Success For All and guided reading.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Teacher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cobb County School District in April 2009.

Applied online and received a call to conduct an interview with human resources. Sent my résumé to principals at schools I was interested in. After two weeks, human resources contacted me to set up an interview with a principal. The interview was a panel and I was offered a position that week.

Interview Questions
    • Situational based questions; not necessarily difficult.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant/Secretary IV Central Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Cobb County School District in August 2008.

It is almost impossible to get an interview because of the large volume of applicants.
    You have to get your name out there but emailing or sending resume to the school or site you want to work. If you do get an interview, it is likely they already have someone in mind (85%) of the time. Most interviews are set up by the secretary and you might interview with as many as 4-5 people at one time in the room.

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cobb County School District in June 2008.

The principal was obviously a very unhappy person - I regret taking the position.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotaition.

Graduation Coach Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cobb County School District in April 2008.

The interview was very rushed and not what I would call a typical interview. I think my principal was advised they needed to hire me and wasn't happy about this,