Cobham Graduate Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2015

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Cobham (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Quite comprehensive. There are several layers comprising of a phone screening, math/reasoning aptitude tests, personality tests, and then an in-person "assessment centre" which is essentially a large group interview to test your professional interaction and validate the previous test results.

It should be noted that this entire screening process is conducted by a 3rd party recruiting company in Cleveland, and your primary contacts will essentially by fresh out of college contract call-center recruiters. Getting reliable information can be a struggle at times, so don't be offended if they do not correspond promptly or change the AC dates 2-3 times. This is unavoidable and comes with the territory.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for the panel interview, they will attack weak points the screening process identified. It's a crapshoot whether or not your interviewers will be well-spoken (the business end) or awkwardly introverted (engineers), show energy and be aggressive.

Also stand firm in the group work activity, there will be several candidates from larger named schools who will throw their weight. Be professional and show off your abilities in that, don't be intimidated

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cobham

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cobham (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Step 1 - phone interview that comprised of general interview questions
    Step 2 - Online verbal and quantitative test
    Step 3 - 2 day interview at assessment center located in Atlanta, Georgia
    Step 4 - Offer/Rejection

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one particularly challenging question. The most difficult part of the interview process was the 2 day assessment, which was comprised of a series of challenges including additional assessment tests, group activities, an individual assignment, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cobham in May 2014.

Interview

Started with online application, then moved onto online tests and phone interview. After this attended AC which involved numerical,verbal and logical reasoning tests as well as an interview, presentation, group exercise and written exercise. This was done over two days and all candidates stayed over at a hotel overnight.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cobham in April 2011.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview which was conducted from the UK. It felt more of a personality test than anything, so I was a bit skeptical at how much they really wanted to know me. I was then told via e-mail I had moved on in the process and that an HR rep would be contacting me on a certain date. This HR rep then explained the in person assessment center, explained the salary and job details a bit more, and then asked if I wished to go through with the interview at the assessment center.

You then fly to the center (or drive), which was about 2 weeks after this phone encounter. It is truly an amazing interview experience. The people at Cobham realize that people of all educational backgrounds (business, different engineering disciplines) won't necessarily understand the company inside and out. They do make a point to make sure all your questions are answered.

At first I was nervous, but then realized that Cobham really wants to get to know who they are hiring, and they invest a lot of time/money into the Grad Program interview process, which is comforting. I was able to relax and show them my skills, as well as weaknesses. Overall, a very positive experience. Be prepared to work with/interview with peers who are vastly different from yourself. It is a challenge!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, all Grads are offered the same salary and benefits.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cobham in March 2010.

Interview

Went to an "Assessment Center," where there was a battery of tests (critical thinking as well as mathematics), personality test, written essay, group exercise and interview with two members of Cobham. Many members of Cobham, both from US offices and the UK offices, were available for questions and were helpful to talk to.