Cobham Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cobham in March 2015.

Interview

I had a technical interview with four or maybe five engineers on the same call. It was very disorganized and people kept dropping in and out of the call session, so I had to repeat myself a lot. One engineer had very poor call quality and I couldn't understand any of his questions. The questions were primarily about my resume and engineering experience with one technical question thrown in.

I presume I didn't get the position since that was about a month ago and no one has bothered to even call me or e-mail me to let me know. They are very unprofessional and disorganized. I wouldn't recommend even bothering to interview with them, let alone work for them.

Interview Questions

• I think the guy I couldn't hear asked me to name the fundamental qualities of an Op-Amp. Maybe?   1 Answer

Assembler V Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cobham.

Interview

Are you able toworkovertime?Are you friendly with other people?How are working with small tools suchas tweezers,power tools?Can you work under a microscope?Are very dependable as far as working everday a 40 hour work week?Are you able toget a security clearance?

Director of Operations Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cobham.

Interview

Multi-stage interview; met with panel of subordinates, HR, other department managers. Questions varied from fairly sophisticated to unsophisticated - a result of the interview panel including very junior, as well as more senior, people. Following panel interview, invited to dinner twice as another candidate was in the down-select. Once hired, I found a wide variation in competency of other recently hired employees, indicating the lack of a robust recruiting and selection process.

Interview Questions

• a "how would you" question relating to improving on-time delivery and reducing inventory   Answer Question

Negotiation

vacation and a small boost in base pay once requested

BD Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cobham (Davenport, IA).

Interview

Contacted through recruiter and set up initial phone interview with HR rep, then called to set up on site visit and interview. 10 days later received offer, a couple of days negotiation, then accepted offer and stared work, 30 days total.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too specific was asked, some questions about resume to bring out details.   1 Answer
    • Focus on logistics support to military and knowledge of government depot operations and support   1 Answer

Negotiation

a couple of days back and forth on pay, vacation, relocation all went well and in my favor for the most part.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Cobham (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Quite comprehensive. There are several layers comprising of a phone screening, math/reasoning aptitude tests, personality tests, and then an in-person "assessment centre" which is essentially a large group interview to test your professional interaction and validate the previous test results.

It should be noted that this entire screening process is conducted by a 3rd party recruiting company in Cleveland, and your primary contacts will essentially by fresh out of college contract call-center recruiters. Getting reliable information can be a struggle at times, so don't be offended if they do not correspond promptly or change the AC dates 2-3 times. This is unavoidable and comes with the territory.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for the panel interview, they will attack weak points the screening process identified. It's a crapshoot whether or not your interviewers will be well-spoken (the business end) or awkwardly introverted (engineers), show energy and be aggressive.

Also stand firm in the group work activity, there will be several candidates from larger named schools who will throw their weight. Be professional and show off your abilities in that, don't be intimidated

Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cobham.

Interview

Phone interview, onsite interview was a panel.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to present using PowerPoint to the group.   1 Answer

Interview

My Resume was found through online career website and I was contacted via phone. I was asked a few basic questions as to my educational and work background. Set up interview for that same week. Met with engineer and manager who both interviewed me. Was asked typical questions; strengths, weaknesses, background, relevance to this job, goals, skills, etc. They then asked several job related technical questions on topics like basic RF, comms, and power. They drew the questions on a white board and asked me to answer or solve it. I was then given chance to ask my questions and then was told they would be in touch.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult but expect technical Questions relating to position you are applying for   Answer Question

Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cobham (Davenport, IA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview first, then in person. Arrived at 1:00 p.m. for interview. First 30 minutes of testing and interview with H.R. Generalist, Then about 1 hour, 8 person round table department interview. Very intense. I was also asked to stand up and sketch for the group on the white board. General interview questions and very specific questions about my previous experience. After, I took a tour then CAD testing. I was there for over 3 hours. Not allowed to bring cell phone.

Interview Questions

• Standing up in front of a group and solving problems on whiteboard.   Answer Question

Had gotten very negative feedback from former and current employees. Low balled me, I flat out declined. They called back 30 minutes with a better deal.

EXiting Interview Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cobham.

Interview

The process was as expected based on feedback and SOP of Corporate Framework.

Contracts Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cobham.

Interview

There were several rounds of interviews. 1) Phone interview, 2) Interview with operations manager, 3) Interview with contracts manager, and 4) offer the job. I made it to the 2nd round and was ruled out due to them wanting about 15 years of experience. I'm not quite old enough to have that much experience, so I was out when I walked through the door. The HR manager was nice and explained the process very well. She also gave me feedback.

Interview Questions

• One question asked was, did I believe I was an expert with federal acquisition regulations?   1 Answer