Cobham

Cobham Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

Assembler V Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cobham.

Are you able toworkovertime?Are you friendly with other people?How are working with small tools suchas tweezers,power tools?Can you work under a microscope?Are very dependable as far as working everday a 40 hour work week?Are you able toget a security clearance?

Director of Operations Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cobham.

Multi-stage interview; met with panel of subordinates, HR, other department managers. Questions varied from fairly sophisticated to unsophisticated - a result of the interview panel including very junior, as well as more senior, people. Following panel interview, invited to dinner twice as another candidate was in the down-select. Once hired, I found a wide variation in competency of other recently hired employees, indicating the lack of a robust recruiting and selection process.

Interview Questions
    • a "how would you" question relating to improving on-time delivery and reducing inventory   Answer Question
    vacation and a small boost in base pay once requested

BD Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cobham.

Contacted through recruiter and set up initial phone interview with HR rep, then called to set up on site visit and interview. 10 days later received offer, a couple of days negotiation, then accepted offer and stared work, 30 days total.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too specific was asked, some questions about resume to bring out details.   View Answer
    • Focus on logistics support to military and knowledge of government depot operations and support   View Answer
    a couple of days back and forth on pay, vacation, relocation all went well and in my favor for the most part.

HR Generalist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cobham.

Phone interview, onsite interview was a panel.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to present using PowerPoint to the group.   View Answer

Applications Engineer - Global Microwave Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

My Resume was found through online career website and I was contacted via phone. I was asked a few basic questions as to my educational and work background. Set up interview for that same week. Met with engineer and manager who both interviewed me. Was asked typical questions; strengths, weaknesses, background, relevance to this job, goals, skills, etc. They then asked several job related technical questions on topics like basic RF, comms, and power. They drew the questions on a white board and asked me to answer or solve it. I was then given chance to ask my questions and then was told they would be in touch.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult but expect technical Questions relating to position you are applying for   Answer Question

Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cobham in January 2014.

Phone interview first, then in person. Arrived at 1:00 p.m. for interview. First 30 minutes of testing and interview with H.R. Generalist, Then about 1 hour, 8 person round table department interview. Very intense. I was also asked to stand up and sketch for the group on the white board. General interview questions and very specific questions about my previous experience. After, I took a tour then CAD testing. I was there for over 3 hours. Not allowed to bring cell phone.

Interview Questions
    • Standing up in front of a group and solving problems on whiteboard.   Answer Question

Had gotten very negative feedback from former and current employees. Low balled me, I flat out declined. They called back 30 minutes with a better deal.

EXiting Interview Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cobham.

The process was as expected based on feedback and SOP of Corporate Framework.

Contracts Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cobham.

There were several rounds of interviews. 1) Phone interview, 2) Interview with operations manager, 3) Interview with contracts manager, and 4) offer the job. I made it to the 2nd round and was ruled out due to them wanting about 15 years of experience. I'm not quite old enough to have that much experience, so I was out when I walked through the door. The HR manager was nice and explained the process very well. She also gave me feedback.

Interview Questions
    • One question asked was, did I believe I was an expert with federal acquisition regulations?   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cobham.

Odd series of one off questions that seemed more of quiz than interview. Very little discussion of culture, products, job functions and skills. Focus was on scripted questions and answers with little interactive discussion. For a one hour interview, just a couple of minutes allowed for questions before they started the next interview.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cobham in August 2013.

The people that were supposed to interview me were not even there when they called. Very unprofessional company. I've read other reviews that stated management is terrible. Seems true. Interviewer seemed like he didn't even care. Would not recommend this place. Seems like they are hiring all of the time.