Coborn's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coborn's (Saint Cloud, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty standard. I interviewed with an HR rep, the head of the department, and the person that was being replaced. They each took turns asking questions. They left it open at the end for me to ask questions. Very smooth interview. Everyone was pleasant to converse with.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your work?   1 Answer

Baker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Coborn's.

Interview

I had applied online. About two weeks passed by the time I had gotten a call. I completed the phone interview and the manager told me that he was going to set up an in-person interview and call me back in the next few days about when would be a good time for both of us. (I am a full time high school student.) The manager and I played phone tag for a few weeks. He would always call me when I was at school. I had to go into the store and request him. When I finally got a hold of him he had told me that the position he had told me was open had been filled. He then said that he would call me sometime that week to talk about a cashier position. That was almost a year ago and I never got a call.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. What are some of your hobbies?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coborn's.

Interview

I applied online using their website. Application was pretty standard, nothing special. Received a call with in a few days to set up a phone interview, after a few days of phone tag we got the interview scheduled. Recruiter called a few minutes late, which was ok, the questions asked were nothing special, just about me background. I was given no time to ask anything. Not a thing. We asked when I would be available to come in for an in person, I said anytime, but Wednesdays were the hardest, but I could make anything work. He said ok, and repeated my availability and said they were bring people in next week. That was the last I have heard from anybody at Coborn's. I have called and just get his voice mail, and no return call. Didn't even get a rejection email, nothing. I could see getting nothing if I had just applied, but after you take your time and interview, they really owe you something, even if it just a form email. But guess Coborn's is to good for that. I am very disappointed in Coborn's, I had heard good things about the company, now I tell people what a joke this company truly is.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, questions were basic. What do you do in your current position and why are you looking for a new job type things   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coborn's (Saint Cloud, MN) in July 2012.

Interview

They called me and asked for me to come in. I was taken into a room with several other candidates and we filled out these test things. and then we had our one on one meeting with the managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

How many hours I could get.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Coborn's (Saint Cloud, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

Online application process cumbersome, time consuming and redundant to resume submission. No calls, no pre-screening, just an automated email rejection even though qualifications exceeded the posted positions requirements. Disappointing that HR departments no longer invest 15-20 minutes in phone conversations with applicants. Coborn's like other employers missed out on securing an over-qualified professional for its team. Poor approach, no follow up, no background. Disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Differentiate your skills from that of the positions line manager.   1 Answer