Coca-Cola Company

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Interview Details – phone interview, face to face interview, sales pitch. STAR format

Interview Question – Give us an example of a time when you didn't have all of the necessary tools to complete a task. How did you overcome the obstacle?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a suggested rate of pay depending on your location and experience

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Interview Details – HR will contact you for a phone screening, If your skill align with the job you will be asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with the DSM and/or ASM to interview. The interview will be based on behavioral questions align with the companies core competencies.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you have to address a conflict. What was the situation and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary was non-negotiable

Interviewed at Coca-Cola Company

Interview Details – I applied online for the account manager position and a week later I receive a phone call from a recruiter in GA. The phone called consisted of information about yourself, background, and why you want to work for Coca-Cola. The recruiter then sets you up for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 ASM and they asked you between 5-7 behavioral questions and you should answer them in the STAR format. You then are asked at the end to do a role play. They give you a piece of paper with a scenario on it and they leave the room for 10 minutes to give you time to prepare yourself.

Interview Question – Discuss a time when you experienced problems with another group member and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Interview Details – I applied via Hotjobs and received a call back three months later. Simple 15 minute face to face interview that was followed up by a very informal hour long face to face interview. It took a while to hear back but once the process started it went very quickly. Overall a very easy process.

Interview Question – All were "think of a time when" questions. Simply use the STAR format when answering and it will be a breeze.   Answer Question

Account Manager

Interview Details – The interview was a standard sales interview using the STAR (Situation Task Action Result) format.

Interview Question – There were no curve balls very easy sell   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was an offer I countered it took them an additional day to meet that expectation.

Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Coca-Cola Company in February 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring processs starts first from a intial phone interview and after the phone interview 2 interviews follow.

Interview Question – What did you like about your last job   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coca-Cola Company in December 2011.

Interview Details – I spoke with recruiter at a University career fair (alumni were invited). I received an email from the recruiter approximately 3 weeks later and then a call to set up an interview.

The interview was with two sales manager (1 District and 1 Area). The interview consisted of a basic description of the position, 3 behavioral questions that were judged using the S.T.A.R system, a role play and time for my questions. The managers were VERY personable, so I tried to set a friendly tone for the interview. Make a good first impression.

The 3 questions went well. The managers took notes while I spoke and seemed pleased with my responses. There were no follow-up questions.

The role play was basic. I played the Coke rep. One of the managers played a customer. The other manager took notes. I was given a single page that contained info about the customer and my goal (increase the value of the account). You have 5-10 minutes alone to prepare. Be relax and confident. Don't get rattled by the manager's questions. Think about WHY the customer should want the products and explain that in a friendly way. The manager (customer) commented on how poorly the previous Account Manager was quite a few times (probably to see if I was rattled). Win the customer over with passion and personality. In the end, the managers seemed pleased with my interview and commented on how well I adapted. One manager asked if I'd done role plays before (I haven't).

Approximately 2 weeks later, I was called and asked to come back to the location for a "ride along" with a current Account Manager. This was simply the company's way of "pulling the curtain back" and giving the candidate a look at what the job is like. The Account Manager told me that this was mainly used to make sure that I still wanted the job. I was told some candidates didn't like the shelf stocking, "dirty" side of the job. If you've worked retail, it's no big deal. Be friendly and professional. The next day, I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you coached/developed an employee. What was the outcome? (Problem solving and team-building question)   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you saw a co-worker (not a sub-ordinate) having a problem at work. What did you do? (working in a team and problem-solving question)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I was told at the career fair that the pay was "in the low 40s," and the Account Manager reiterated that during the "ride along."

I was offered $43K and was glad that the amount was on the higher end of the "low 40s." That was an increase from my last position, and the position will build my resume. There's a potential bonus at the end of each trimester that goes up to $3K ($9K per year), and there's potential for an additional bonus for outstanding performance. I'm very happy with that compensation plan.

Company cars are being phased out for all employees, so the company now provides a monthly car/gas allowance or $0.55 per mile and a depreciation check IF your car is within 5 years of the current year.

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Coca-Cola Company in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was asked 4 questions and given a mock scenario to perform. I was interviewed by the manager and district manager. The interview was very relaxed. Scenario was based on getting a store manager to carry more Coke products. Not difficult at all. Interview questions focused on tying resume to job situations.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult customer service situation.   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Interview Details – I was told I had a job over and over. They just kept dragging everything out. Filled out application in August, finally got an interview in October and did a ride along...then they told me they had a hiring freeze. I was told in December the job was mine starting in January. In January they told me that I was going to have to start over and the job would be posted in 24-48 hours. It's almost march...it was never posted they kept saying the were waiting for approval.

Interview Question – It was 3 questions they were all easy but I do not remember what they are since the interview was in October.   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Interview Details – I saw the job posted online and applied for it. A week and a half later, I heard back from them 2 days before the interview was set up. Interview was laid back and went very well and the sales boss said she will bring me in for a second interview. 2 hours later I got a call that I was offered the job and that I start in a week and a couple days. Its all about confidence and personality. Thats all they look for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had good customer service and how did you you know the customer was satisfied?   Answer Question
  • Name a time you were faced with a conflict and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Worked for Coca-Cola Company? Contribute to the Community!