Coca-Cola Company ACCOUNT MANAGER Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.9

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in January 2014.

Initial contact was by talent acquisition to set up an in person interview, after scheduling they went me an email with details including location, job description, etc. At the interview on location, I felt very comfortable during the entire interview, the first question was "tell me about yourself" he asked about my other job daily activities, explained what the job expectations, hours, etc. were, etc. Salary job working 6:30 AM to approx 3-4:00 PM then home to answer emails, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unusual asked, "tell me of a situation where you had to work in a group and there was a member who caused a problem" describe the situation, your actions and remedy to the issue. another question "tell me of a problem with a customer and how you handled it"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in November 2013.

Initial phone interview conducted by HR. General questions relating to qualifications and background. Also received a modicum of information on the job during this call. Second interview was face to face with 2 direct managers and an unknown senior authority who was present but not interactive. The interview lasted 1 hour and there were role play scenarios played out towards the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation where you had a difficult customer or employee and how did you handle that situation?   View Answer
    The offer was greater than my personal expectations and requirements. I declined to negotiate based on this position.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

S.T.A.R method, situation based questions given by the Area Sales Managers according to the experiences you may face while working in the field

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question varies based on the situation the interviewer provides.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

I saw the job posted online and applied for it. A week and a half later, I heard back from them 2 days before the interview was set up. Interview was laid back and went very well and the sales boss said she will bring me in for a second interview. 2 hours later I got a call that I was offered the job and that I start in a week and a couple days. Its all about confidence and personality. Thats all they look for.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had good customer service and how did you you know the customer was satisfied?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were faced with a conflict and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

The interview was a standard sales interview using the STAR (Situation Task Action Result) format.

Interview Questions
    There was an offer I countered it took them an additional day to meet that expectation.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Coca-Cola Company in July 2013.

I interviewed with two Area Sales Managers who asked typical behavioral based interview questions off of a manuscript. This was followed by a mock sales pitch where I had to try and sell more Coca-Cola products to a hesitant store manager. The interview lasted under an hour and despite receiving positive feedback from the interviewers, I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Basic customer service and sales based situational questions   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in May 2013.

Be prepared to answer situational questions. You will have to play as though you are an account manager trying to sell product to a store owner. You will have to deal with pricing and demographics as well. Be sure you know which products the demographics in the said area would be attracted to and look to ask for displays. Also, remember to include a profit margin in your sell-in pitch as well. It speaks to your fact based selling and business knowledge. Good Luck!

I tried to negotiate, my counter offer was denied

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Phone screen and panel interview. Demonstrate leadership and a strong desire for customer service. Have sales experience and not a problem getting dirty! I was fortunate and had some great DM's interview me, very laid back and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Sales pitch, pretty easy if you study the sheet given. Make up things that would beniefit the company, they love that!   Answer Question
    I didn't, I felt it was fair being a recent grad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

The interview process involves an initial telephone interview. Candidates who pass the phone interview are then scheduled for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. That interview involves a series of questions like "Descirbe a time that you..." and the candidate is scored on each answer by the hiring manager and 2 other participants. The candidate is then given a role play situation that is also scored.

Interview Questions
    • The role play can be difficult, especially for someone who has no experience in the consumer goods/beverage industry.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The position was offered "as is".

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Applied online and received automated email response when the application was received. Within a week I was called by a hiring manager and set up a time to interview. The interview was roughly 30 minutes long and they use the STAR method of interviewing (look this up and review if you don't know what that is). Following the interview they let me know when I should expect to hear back, in my case it was "by the end of next week". The following week I got a call from the same hiring manager that I first spoke with and she gave me the offer and explained salary, start date, incentives, etc.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are "tell me a time..." and then they expect very specific responses. There is a roll-play question where they put you in the roll of the account manager and they are the customer who has questions. I recommend getting to know the brands that Coke distributes in your region to help answer difficult questions that may arise.   Answer Question
    Having worked at Coke before accepting the offer I was given the maximum amount they are allowed to give for a new hire.