Coca-Cola Company ACCOUNT MANAGER Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.9

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Coca-Cola Company in July 2013.

I interviewed with two Area Sales Managers who asked typical behavioral based interview questions off of a manuscript. This was followed by a mock sales pitch where I had to try and sell more Coca-Cola products to a hesitant store manager. The interview lasted under an hour and despite receiving positive feedback from the interviewers, I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Basic customer service and sales based situational questions   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in May 2013.

Be prepared to answer situational questions. You will have to play as though you are an account manager trying to sell product to a store owner. You will have to deal with pricing and demographics as well. Be sure you know which products the demographics in the said area would be attracted to and look to ask for displays. Also, remember to include a profit margin in your sell-in pitch as well. It speaks to your fact based selling and business knowledge. Good Luck!

I tried to negotiate, my counter offer was denied

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Phone screen and panel interview. Demonstrate leadership and a strong desire for customer service. Have sales experience and not a problem getting dirty! I was fortunate and had some great DM's interview me, very laid back and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Sales pitch, pretty easy if you study the sheet given. Make up things that would beniefit the company, they love that!   Answer Question
    I didn't, I felt it was fair being a recent grad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

The interview process involves an initial telephone interview. Candidates who pass the phone interview are then scheduled for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. That interview involves a series of questions like "Descirbe a time that you..." and the candidate is scored on each answer by the hiring manager and 2 other participants. The candidate is then given a role play situation that is also scored.

Interview Questions
    • The role play can be difficult, especially for someone who has no experience in the consumer goods/beverage industry.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The position was offered "as is".

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Applied online and received automated email response when the application was received. Within a week I was called by a hiring manager and set up a time to interview. The interview was roughly 30 minutes long and they use the STAR method of interviewing (look this up and review if you don't know what that is). Following the interview they let me know when I should expect to hear back, in my case it was "by the end of next week". The following week I got a call from the same hiring manager that I first spoke with and she gave me the offer and explained salary, start date, incentives, etc.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are "tell me a time..." and then they expect very specific responses. There is a roll-play question where they put you in the roll of the account manager and they are the customer who has questions. I recommend getting to know the brands that Coke distributes in your region to help answer difficult questions that may arise.   Answer Question
    Having worked at Coke before accepting the offer I was given the maximum amount they are allowed to give for a new hire.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

I was told I had a job over and over. They just kept dragging everything out. Filled out application in August, finally got an interview in October and did a ride along...then they told me they had a hiring freeze. I was told in December the job was mine starting in January. In January they told me that I was going to have to start over and the job would be posted in 24-48 hours. It's almost march...it was never posted they kept saying the were waiting for approval.

Interview Questions
    • It was 3 questions they were all easy but I do not remember what they are since the interview was in October.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

HR will contact you for a phone screening, If your skill align with the job you will be asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with the DSM and/or ASM to interview. The interview will be based on behavioral questions align with the companies core competencies.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you have to address a conflict. What was the situation and how did you handle it.   View Answer
    The salary was non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Phone interview, basic questions about previous work, then set me up for an interview at the office took two weeks, meet w/two Area managers they were nice asked "tell me about a time" questions. Also had to read a selling situation that might take place on the job and how to react to it. took two days and they offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    They Offered a salary, i asked for more. we settled in the middle.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Coca-Cola Company in August 2012.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. We set up a time for a phone interview which lasted about 30 min. Then she set me up with a face to face interview. It was a panel interview which consisted of about 3 people. They make you fill out this paper and wait till you are done filling it out. After that they walk you in and begin questioning you. They will ask you some questions about why you feel you are right for the position.

Interview Questions
    • " what are you strengths and weaknesses?" " how do you handle a irate customer?" You will also be asked to role play and create a scenario where you come in and try to sell a product that the customer is hesitant to buy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in May 2012.

I applied online and was contacted in approximately 1,5 months after that by a company recruiter who asked me a couple of questions about my interest in Coca-Cola and my previous job and then scheduled an interview in Coke's Alexandria office the next day. I was interviewed by two sales managers who were really nice and asked me questions about my selling skills and several behavioral questions. I was then given a Coke product info and had to sell this product to an imaginary client. I did well and one of the managers said they were impressed by me when he walked me out. I still haven't heard from them 1,5 weeks after the interview so I e-mailed them today to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to have in a company you will be working for?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a situation when you had a conflict with a client and how you resolved it.   Answer Question