Coca-Cola Company Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Applied on-line 2 months ago. 30-40 minute phone interview with HR. At the end of the interview I was told that the position is no longer available but a possible new position might be opening up and they when it was put on-line I would be contacted. I ran across the listing with no contact from HR. I was contacted a week later that an face to face interview was set up. It was a nice laid back interview and was really quick. It was only three situation based questions and a mock sales call. It lasted about 25 minutes total. I don't understand with over 20 years of sales experience how a company can evaluate someone and make decisions with this type of interview. I guess they ARE only looking for people that do not have a lot of experience like what is stated in most of the reviews from employees.

Interview Questions
  • Basic "tell me a time when" type of questions. Nothing really hard if you have been in sales.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in March 2015.

Online assessment, phone interview, then a panel interview with district sales managers. It's imperative for the first half of the panel interview that you are prepared to provide detailed answers in the STAR format. The second half of the interview is a mock sales presentation in which you are required to pitch a current customer—a small store owner in my case—to expand on their current business with Coca-Cola. Details about the account are provided on a one page briefing sheet that you are given 10 minutes prior to the role-play. The key is to ask the client questions and then fashion your pitch to their stated needs. Very professional and friendly interviewers that want you to succeed. Do your homework on the company, the position, and typical STAR questions and you'll do well. Received an offer two days after the panel interview. All in all, a very straight forward process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker (not a subordinate)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in March 2015.

You apply online and then wait for a phone call. They go over some basic questions over the phone such as why do you think you would be a good fit for this position. Tell me about some of your qualifications for this position. They then discuss the job and whats required and allow you to ask questions. After that you will interview in a panel style star format interview with a role play at the end of it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an troublesome member of your team.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in January 2015.

This is an amendment to my previous post. I have since been notified that I did not get the job. My biggest issues here are some of the lack of professionalism involved. Firstly, my interviewers strolled in from lunch approx. 30 mins after our scheduled interview time (I watched them walk in whilst sweating in an overheated open floor office setting). I was also told by the recruiter before my interview that "the odds were in my favor" because they were hiring multiple employees for this role. I have years of grocery customer service experience and a college degree mind you. I was also told I did well during the role play portion of the interview (the most important part) and I still did not get the job. This may sound like ranting or complaining, but I think given the above statements from both the interviewers and recruiter, and not getting an offer, I have the right to voice my displeasure and the lack of professionalism. As you can see, I'm a smart guy who had lots to offer this company.

Interview Questions
    • STAR format, I think these types of interviews need to change their format. The STAR format lends itself to one simply "making up" scenarios to satisfy a given "question." The interviews need to be more about what you've done. There is really no way to show personality in this format.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Call from recruiter, answer basic questions and then face to face interview. they give the same situation everytime. Selling in energy drinks to Mom and pop C-store next to a college using the STAR method. pretty basic. also the cookie cutter interview questions. tell me a time when....you had to deal with a problem and couldnt find a solution, what was the outcome,

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Interview process uses STAR. They want questions to be answered with great details. I have had two interviews by them. I want this job REALLY bad. My down fall is not having sales experience, which I am trying to hard to get. The questions are simple. Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a team member and how you approached or resolved it. At the end, they do a role play where you are the sales rep and they are the store you are trying to persuade to sell more of their products.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any. Pretty easy.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Interviewed on campus about 5 years ago and met a very experienced recruiter who took me through the position description and then presented a case study. she gave me 10 mins or so to read it , walk out and walk in and make a sales presentation. I thought I did well but did not get an offer. It was for the best though as I now make over $500k /yr and I own over $150k of Coke stock.

Interview Questions
    • She played a very upset soda fountain customer and I had to rectify a bad situation.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

The process took close to a month. I had two interviews with a recruiter and then an interview via phone with 4 different level managers. The process was very basic. The questions were very standard for a sales interview process. They give some situational scenarios which you have to work through but over all very basic format.

Interview Questions
    Very straight forward. The company has a range for salary. Bonuses are rated the same for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in July 2014.

I found the posting through LinkedIn and applied for it. I was contacted that same week and did a brief phone screening and she said that someone would be calling me if they wanted to do a face to face interview. About 2 weeks went by and I got a call saying they wanted to set up a in-person interview. I did the interview and it was very basic. A panel of 3 managers conducted the interview, and they asked 4 questions. The first one was just tell me about your work experience and then the other 3 were situation questions. After that they gave me a sheet of paper with a scenario on it to role play with one of the interviewers. My situation was a small convenience store owner was unhappy about our competitors and also pricing was a issue too. After that they asked "why me" for this job and then opened it up for questions. They told me they would make a decision that day and that the recruiter would get back to me within a week.

Interview Questions
    • How many times do you get told no by a customer and what are your actions and plan for them?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online for the account manager position and a week later I receive a phone call from a recruiter in GA. The phone called consisted of information about yourself, background, and why you want to work for Coca-Cola. The recruiter then sets you up for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 ASM and they asked you between 5-7 behavioral questions and you should answer them in the STAR format. You then are asked at the end to do a role play. They give you a piece of paper with a scenario on it and they leave the room for 10 minutes to give you time to prepare yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time when you experienced problems with another group member and how did you handle it?   View Answer