Coco's Bakery

Coco's Bakery Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Coco's Bakery

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Coco's Bakery in April 2014.

I had one easy interview.

Ask what will be pay rate, I was never told. Should of asked.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coco's Bakery.

I initially applied as a server, but the manager recommended that I start out as a hostess due to my lack of restaurant experience. There were three people conduction the interview: store manager, district manager, and someone from corporate. It was very simple and I was offered a job on the spot.

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Coco's Bakery in October 2008.

I was reffered to the VP of the company who pretty much blew me off and set me up with an interview with a current GM. This was the coming to life of a cliche I have always heard. Get him talking and he will carryon about himself and it will be a great interview...for him! I was floored and in fact felt almost disrespected that I had to go through this guy to get a position. I can tell you that I am a pretty humble guy however I had never been in such a situation. I consulted with a few associates in that company who told me that as much as they would love to have me as a their RD it was known to be a dead man walking position. They set me up with another GM interview which led to more of the same. I am a relatively young GM and both of these characters almost triple my age. that may have some weight on their attitudes throughout the interview but they did offer the position anyway. I did a bit more research and felt that I may be able to bring some excitement to a pretty beatrdown region and group of managers. Before accepting I did let my employer know that I had been offered the position which resulted in a significant pay increase. I chose to stay put as I had already proven myself and that proved a great decission!

Interview Questions
    • I really can't think of any challenging or unexpected questions. It was a very entry level standard interview conducted by a potential subordinate. as mentioned majority of conversation was centered around interviewers superiority???   View Answer

Previously discussed!

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Coco's Bakery in April 2011.

I have access to a military base and there is a Coco's Bakery there. I stopped by the bakery to see if they were hiring. I filled out an application and briefly spoke with the assistant manager. It was just a general interview. I briefly outlined my employment history. I also took the time to give examples of the cross-over skills, such as teaching and communicating, and how they apply to the food service industry. The manager struck me as a very kind person. The Coco's was well maintained. I am waiting to hear back from them.