Code and Theory Interview Questions

2.5

Web Developer Interview

Interview

There was a fairly technical phone screen, and a partly technical, partly behavioral interview with two senior level developers. The senior developers all knew their stuff and were very personable. They diversified the process by throwing in a one-on-one with a member from a different department, so it gave some insight into how the company worked and the people worked together.

Interview Questions

• Good question, but it was mostly behavioral and testing for cultural fit once I got past the phone screen.   Answer Question

Interview

phone interview, common interview questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why are you interested, your relevant experience

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Showcased portfolio. Answered process questions. Talked about how I would fit with the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Relaxed. They were open to consideration.

Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process began with a detailed email exchange, which moved on to a technical phone interview. Once I made it through the technical phone interview, I was asked to come to NYC and meet with the tech. director and a few others (a project manager, another developer) in person. The in-person interview lasted a few hours and was very comprehensive. I really enjoyed everyone I met with, and the company atmosphere and environment was pleasant and positive. Overall, I believe I would have enjoyed working with this team of people.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to complete a series of coding exercises using pen and paper.   Answer Question

I was seeking a higher salary than was offered.

Mid Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY).

Interview

This is a very busy environment so if there are changes or people interviewing you that you might not have known about - don't be surprised.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite ads running now and why? What other agencies do you admire?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a fair offer.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

employee referal, HR contacted me, two phone interviews and then an offer