Code and Theory Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews with their best designers and senior management. Typical portfolio walk through with the designers. An introduction to upcoming projects and my potential placement on them. A walk through of the beautiful facilities.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to do that?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory in April 2011.

Interview

Pretty basic interview questions. I do feel some senior members were up tight and tried to prove that there method was the right way. When asking about the typical day, they seem to try and prepare you for a lot of late nights and weekends.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle testing an application on multiple devices   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

It was nice, they gave me water. They have nice artwork in the reception area, and candy to eat. They had a room for me to sit in, and the temperature was perfect in that room.

Interview Questions

• "Where did you go to college?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate. I've heard from coworkers that the negotiation process can be good, if you are the right person.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Too many questions, nice and smart people. Lasted way too long. There was definitely a good cop bad cop scenario going on. Overall the interview went good for both sides.

Director of Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The Partners, Founders and everyone I met with was very thorough and had great questions. Everyone was open, honest and prepared to answer any question I had, regardless of the difficulty. I was hired to start the recruitment division so my process was different than what people might experience now. The current recruitment team is excellent, responsive and give feedback regardless of the interview outcome. An overall great experience.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

employee referal, HR contacted me, two phone interviews and then an offer

Mid Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY).

Interview

This is a very busy environment so if there are changes or people interviewing you that you might not have known about - don't be surprised.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite ads running now and why? What other agencies do you admire?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a fair offer.

Interview

phone interview, common interview questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why are you interested, your relevant experience

Web Developer Interview

Interview

There was a fairly technical phone screen, and a partly technical, partly behavioral interview with two senior level developers. The senior developers all knew their stuff and were very personable. They diversified the process by throwing in a one-on-one with a member from a different department, so it gave some insight into how the company worked and the people worked together.

Interview Questions

• Good question, but it was mostly behavioral and testing for cultural fit once I got past the phone screen.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Showcased portfolio. Answered process questions. Talked about how I would fit with the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Relaxed. They were open to consideration.