Codemasters

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions

Senior Programmer Interview

Senior Programmer
Southam, West Midlands, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Codemasters.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview covered the standard "Why are you thinking of leaving your current employer?" and "Why here?". There then followed a programming test; covering constructors, destructors, initialiser lists, the virtual keyword, dot product, cross product and some others I can no longer recall.

The interview has an hour long affair - discussing additionally platform hardware, working practices (use of source control and the like), writing a routine to reverse a string on a whiteboard and a logic / programming question called the common ancestor.

Then (again fairly standard) "Previous package?", "Expectation?" and finally "Do you have any questions?"

Interview Question – The common ancestor problem. Given an unbalanced binary tree and 2 nodes on that tree what is fastest way to find the common ancestor?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In a word - brief. Gave my expectations at the interview. They phoned a few days later offering less. I said 'no'. They offered more. I accepted.

Worked for Codemasters? Contribute to the Community!