Codexis

Updated Oct 26, 2014
Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Codexis in October 2014.

Initial contact was a phone screening. Interview was scheduled three weeks later.

There was an interview schedule which consisting of four interviewers which lasted about 30 minutes each. The meeting will begin with the HR personnel, then employees ranging in position of management: the Senior Director, two Scientists and the Research Associate.

Most questions were focused on past relevant work experiences and some questions probing for knowledge of protein kinetics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Codexis in May 2011.

A department director interviewed me first, then three panels of 2 people each, then finally the HR representative. They are in a bit of a rush to hire folks because they have so many tight-deadline projects, so the interview process was not as long as I would have wished, and there was no tour. Just be sure you can explain your background and why you are a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about my previous research and whether I did due diligence to that research by including proper measurements and including appropriate controls.   Answer Question
    • How I felt about the fast-paced work atmosphere.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Codexis in February 2011.

three steps:
    telephone with HR: 30 min
    telephone with team director: 30 min
    1 hour seminar on site + questions + 30 min interviews with several scientists

I did not negotiate

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Codexis in May 2010.

Meet and greet with three members of the team individually.

Facilities Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Codexis in August 2008.

Got a call from their recruiter and had a short phone interview about my skills and experience to replace someone going on maternity leave.Got another call the same day to come down and interview with a manager the next week.That went well,very laid back and all he asked was about my experience.Was told to come back in 1 week and interview with supervisor that was going on leave and another employee.Same easy interview as with manager.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Codexis in January 2008.

All technical questions pertaining to the job.

The pay was too low!!

Staff Scientist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Codexis.

Phone screening followed by one-day onsite interview with the cross-functional teams.

Interview Questions
    • Normal behavioral questions, like why do you want to work with us, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Codexis.

Initial phone interview by Manager. Face to face interview with Manager, followed by three panel of 2/3 people each, then by the HR Manager. Technical and behavioral questions.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

2 rounds, both informative and behavioral questions

Scientist III Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Codexis.

Initial phone interview. Went for face to face a few weeks later. Friendly but intense atmosphere. There were times I wasn't sure what or why they were asking certain questions. I suppose they had had interviewees who were clearly unqualified.

Not really