Codexis Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2015

2.9

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Codexis (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview, and was asked to come in for a formal interview that week. The interview was conducted by 5 different employees, ranging from the department head to HR. The interview was long for an entry-level position, maybe 3 hours or so. I was asked to follow up with references but I did not because it was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background and some basic science questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Codexis (Redwood City, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was a phone screening. Interview was scheduled three weeks later. There was an interview schedule which consisting of four interviewers which lasted about 30 minutes each. The meeting will begin with the HR personnel, then employees ranging in position of management: the Senior Director, two Scientists and the Research Associate. Most questions were focused on past relevant work experiences and some questions probing for knowledge of protein kinetics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Codexis (Redwood City, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

A department director interviewed me first, then three panels of 2 people each, then finally the HR representative. They are in a bit of a rush to hire folks because they have so many tight-deadline projects, so the interview process was not as long as I would have wished, and there was no tour. Just be sure you can explain your background and why you are a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my previous research and whether I did due diligence to that research by including proper measurements and including appropriate controls.   Answer Question
    • How I felt about the fast-paced work atmosphere.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Codexis (Redwood City, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

three steps: telephone with HR: 30 min telephone with team director: 30 min 1 hour seminar on site + questions + 30 min interviews with several scientists

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Codexis in May 2010.

Interview

Meet and greet with three members of the team individually.

Facilities Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Codexis (Redwood City, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

Got a call from their recruiter and had a short phone interview about my skills and experience to replace someone going on maternity leave.Got another call the same day to come down and interview with a manager the next week.That went well,very laid back and all he asked was about my experience.Was told to come back in 1 week and interview with supervisor that was going on leave and another employee.Same easy interview as with manager.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Codexis (Redwood City, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

All technical questions pertaining to the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe michael-menten eq.   1 Answer

The pay was too low!!

Staff Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Codexis.

Interview

Phone screening followed by one-day onsite interview with the cross-functional teams.

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioral questions, like why do you want to work with us, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Codexis.

Interview

Initial phone interview by Manager. Face to face interview with Manager, followed by three panel of 2/3 people each, then by the HR Manager. Technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

2 rounds, both informative and behavioral questions