Codexis

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Codexis in May 2010.

Interview Details – Meet and greet with three members of the team individually.

Interview Question – Explain specifically how PCR works.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Facilities Specialist Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Codexis in August 2008.

Interview Details – Got a call from their recruiter and had a short phone interview about my skills and experience to replace someone going on maternity leave.Got another call the same day to come down and interview with a manager the next week.That went well,very laid back and all he asked was about my experience.Was told to come back in 1 week and interview with supervisor that was going on leave and another employee.Same easy interview as with manager.

Interview Question – When canI start.   View Answer

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Codexis in February 2011.

Interview Details – three steps:
telephone with HR: 30 min
telephone with team director: 30 min
1 hour seminar on site + questions + 30 min interviews with several scientists

Interview Question – How would you improve the activity of an enzyme?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Research Associate Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Codexis in May 2011.

Interview Details – A department director interviewed me first, then three panels of 2 people each, then finally the HR representative. They are in a bit of a rush to hire folks because they have so many tight-deadline projects, so the interview process was not as long as I would have wished, and there was no tour. Just be sure you can explain your background and why you are a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my previous research and whether I did due diligence to that research by including proper measurements and including appropriate controls.   Answer Question
  • How I felt about the fast-paced work atmosphere.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Codexis in January 2008.

Interview Details – All technical questions pertaining to the job.

Interview Question – Describe michael-menten eq.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The pay was too low!!

Staff Scientist Interview

Staff Scientist

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Codexis.

Interview Details – Phone screening followed by one-day onsite interview with the cross-functional teams.

Interview Question – Normal behavioral questions, like why do you want to work with us, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Codexis.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview by Manager. Face to face interview with Manager, followed by three panel of 2/3 people each, then by the HR Manager. Technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Normal interview questions   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Codexis

Interview Details – 2 rounds, both informative and behavioral questions

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. All questions were reasonable   Answer Question

Scientist III Interview

Scientist III

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Codexis.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview. Went for face to face a few weeks later. Friendly but intense atmosphere. There were times I wasn't sure what or why they were asking certain questions. I suppose they had had interviewees who were clearly unqualified.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a conflict at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really

Process Chemistry Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Codexis in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was an initial phone interview. It wasn't technical at all.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Codexis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Codexis interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Codexis employees and interview candidates.