Cogent Communications

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Regional Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cogent Communications.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview process moves rather quickly. Phone screen interview. Came in the next day for Face to face with the Director and then by end of week got call back. Started that Monday.

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult questions. Typical interview questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you have a clear understanding on the day to day responsibilities. I was sold something completely different in the interview.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cogent Communications.

Interview Details – Recruiter who then decides wether you are an overall fit and then onto sales director or vp. Fast process. Recruiters are active but not directly in tandem with the sales managers so it can lead to misalignment of objectives and job descriptions. Refer to the hiring manager for the real job description in their given region.

Interview Question – There is no standard interview process, each does their own with no format or standards.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - offer is standard depending on years of exp.

Regional Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cogent Communications in April 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter reached out for an interview, set up a call, scheduled a face to face interview, got a job offer the very next day.

Interview Question – All the questions were standard as any other sales job interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No degotiable

Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cogent Communications in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, online examination, face to face interview.

Interview Question – What do you dislike most about your past work experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Culver City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cogent Communications in June 2012.

Interview Details – Went to a social evening evening with a few other candidates and then had a brief bit of one on one time after mingling. Had a second round interview the next day and had an offer within two days. Pretty typical interview that involved a Q&A session where we learned about each other. Very nice and relaxed The professional recruiting staff and managers were really honest in representing the opportunity.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected, but make sure to tell them you are a hunter and understand how to grow a territory.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cogent Communications in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the management and received an offer letter

Interview Question – There wasn't anything difficult asked   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Global Account Manager Interview

Global Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cogent Communications in June 2009.

Interview Details – Very easy and non stressful.

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions as I was a veteran to the industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Miami, FL

Interview Details – Easy interview, they just want to make sure that you are going to be able to sell and represent the company well.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, it was your typical interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiable.

RAM Interview

RAM
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cogent Communications in March 2009.

Interview Details – Standard interview. Phone screen, two interviews in the same day

Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cogent Communications.

Interview Details – Got contacted by a recruiter to go in for an interview. When I got there I found out they had literally told almost 130 other people to come interview as well!! ...and this was to fill only 5 positions. Terrible hiring/screening method.... This was honestly the worst job interview I have ever been a part of. I sat down in a cubicle with a manager, while there was an open cubicle right next door with another interview going on at the same time. This was pretty awkward. Anyways, the interviewer did a very poor job of really getting to know me and after a couple of minutes he abruptly ended the interview. I realized I must have not been what they were looking for (even though I'm an experienced B2B salesperson) and also the fact they had tons of other potential candidates to go through within the next couple of hours.
Their offices are very cheap and they are proud of their low overhead method. The base salary sounded good but probably not a place to stay for the long run.

Interview Question – Don't remember.   Answer Question

Worked for Cogent Communications? Contribute to the Community!