Cogent Communications Regional Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews with their head recruiter in DC/Maryland and then met with a gentleman in their New York City branch office, located on Broadway in Bowling Green. Interview wasn't tough, actually WAY TOO easy. He mostly spoke about himself and his experience with the company. Worked their 5 years, recently became a manager (after 2 had left). They are in a nice area, right next to the 4,5 express lines which is great but as professional as they push, they were dressed pretty casual. The place was not kept up. Don't really know if it was really worth it. Got the interview from an internal referral. Unfortunately, I knew a job there was going to be short-lived. This isn't a career job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you got here? (Meaning in-front of the manager)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cogent Communications

Regional Account Manager Interview

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter who let me know that they found my resume online, one that I posted over three years ago and explained that they felt that I would be a good fit for a Regional Account Manager based on my experience. I then was scheduled to attend a mixer to meet with the recruiters. There were about twenty other candidates present. We were invited into a room with light snacks and beverages and mingled with Management. After we sat through a 30 minute Q&A and from our the quality of our presentation invited for a panel interview. After the third interview I received a call and was offered the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not very flexible in regards to Salary

Regional Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cogent Communications.

Interview

Hiring and Interview process moves rather quickly. Phone screen interview. Came in the next day for Face to face with the Director and then by end of week got call back. Started that Monday.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected or difficult questions. Typical interview questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you have a clear understanding on the day to day responsibilities. I was sold something completely different in the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Reston, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I had been referred to the company by a friend and got a phone interview initially. This was basic questions about my resume. Next came two in person interviews. First with hr then with hiring directors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Herndon, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, online examination, face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike most about your past work experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Herndon, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a lunch and learn where I sat down with 2 recruiters and 2 current RAM's. It was very easy and a friendly type setting. Overall very easy.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really any difficult questions during this interview it was very easy.   Answer Question

Regional Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications in April 2013.

Interview

A recruiter reached out for an interview, set up a call, scheduled a face to face interview, got a job offer the very next day.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were standard as any other sales job interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No degotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Miami, FL).

Interview

Easy interview, they just want to make sure that you are going to be able to sell and represent the company well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, it was your typical interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Miami, FL).

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter to go in for an interview. When I got there I found out they had literally told almost 130 other people to come interview as well!! ...and this was to fill only 5 positions. Terrible hiring/screening method.... This was honestly the worst job interview I have ever been a part of. I sat down in a cubicle with a manager, while there was an open cubicle right next door with another interview going on at the same time. This was pretty awkward. Anyways, the interviewer did a very poor job of really getting to know me and after a couple of minutes he abruptly ended the interview. I realized I must have not been what they were looking for (even though I'm an experienced B2B salesperson) and also the fact they had tons of other potential candidates to go through within the next couple of hours. Their offices are very cheap and they are proud of their low overhead method. The base salary sounded good but probably not a place to stay for the long run.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Culver City, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Went to a social evening evening with a few other candidates and then had a brief bit of one on one time after mingling. Had a second round interview the next day and had an offer within two days. Pretty typical interview that involved a Q&A session where we learned about each other. Very nice and relaxed The professional recruiting staff and managers were really honest in representing the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected, but make sure to tell them you are a hunter and understand how to grow a territory.   Answer Question