Cogent Infotech Corp Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.8

Senior Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp.

This company does not have its act together, I interviewed over the phone for a mid level sales role- seemed ok initially however my expectations were low. The overall salary and commission were never fully discussed (they agreed to a range but my sense is the owner never wanted to pay the basic market rate for this position).

Overall a bad experience- the sales manager was quite inexperienced and not terribly professional- seemed to be in over his head and the owner of company lacked integrity.
    I would be very wary-m not worth your time. made an offer but withew it - no real explanation... I suspect they want someone very green with no experience and pay is way below market rate.

Interview Questions
    • how could i bring on revenue right away   View Answer
    nothing- they cancelled offer

Data Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp in January 2011.

Hired from resume. Was asked questions about past experience managing data. Had previously been a data management specialist for another industry. Expected to be more for the interview process. The operations involved were simple but I was never allowed to do anything on my own and they wanted to draw out training as long as possible. Would only allow 8 hours training per week. Seemed to be attempting to MAKE me fail so that the girl from India could have a reason to have her Visa renewed.

No Negotiation

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp in September 2011.

over phone interview. Mostly core java interview question that you can find in the net. Also design pattern and basic J2ee questions. Basic knowledge is important. Framework questions will not be asked. You are expected to be a person who can learn quickly and they will give you training

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp in April 2014.

I was contacted by the recruiter after I had applied online on my school's career website. I had a 20 minutes screening interview after a few days.
    The questions were basically on my resume and background and there were a few behavioral questions too. He asked about my experience in Java. I had none but was willing to learn because I had ample of coding experience in other languages like C/C++. It was a smooth sailing interview and the interviewer seemed calm and satisfied with my answers.
    I unexpectedly got a reject after such a trivial interview. I emailed them and asked for the exact reason, but they never responded.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp.

I got a phone interview two weeks ago. It is about relative project and work experience what you have done, and a varied of behavior questions such as what the different between in-school project and internship? What do you think about individual work and teamwork? Something like that. At least, the recruiter will ask you to rate professional java level for your self.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp.

I only had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced the company first, and then asked me about my resume, work experience and my goals.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer didn't ask me technical questions. It's in second interview, but I didn't get it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp.

Detailed technical interview process
    Soft Skill interview was meaningful.
    Please detail all your interest, they definitely keep a record and try to fulfill, or else they will tell you that they cannot do it.
    It was not a typical consulting company interview

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions were indepth. So be prepared answering questions. I was out of college, hence my knowledge was academic. They understood and asked logical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp in November 2012.

It seems like they get a good crop of candidates which makes it very competitive. I had an interview with the HR and then a technical interview. In some cases they do Skype as well. Technical interview was very intense which is not common for service based/consulting companies. I guess that gave a lot of positive vibes. The tech interviewer started off with knowing my background and slowly drilled me with some scenario based questions.

Java Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp in August 2010.

The interview process was smooth and really friendly.

Employee/Contractor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp.

All big promises but once you join nothing but broken promises and delay tactics from management.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring us from your old job ?   View Answer
    Standard no issues

Worked for Cogent Infotech Corp? Contribute to the Community!