Cogent Infotech Corp

Relevance Date Difficulty

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp in September 2011.

Interview Details – over phone interview. Mostly core java interview question that you can find in the net. Also design pattern and basic J2ee questions. Basic knowledge is important. Framework questions will not be asked. You are expected to be a person who can learn quickly and they will give you training

Interview Question – Explain some challenge of concurrency control   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter after I had applied online on my school's career website. I had a 20 minutes screening interview after a few days.
The questions were basically on my resume and background and there were a few behavioral questions too. He asked about my experience in Java. I had none but was willing to learn because I had ample of coding experience in other languages like C/C++. It was a smooth sailing interview and the interviewer seemed calm and satisfied with my answers.
I unexpectedly got a reject after such a trivial interview. I emailed them and asked for the exact reason, but they never responded.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview two weeks ago. It is about relative project and work experience what you have done, and a varied of behavior questions such as what the different between in-school project and internship? What do you think about individual work and teamwork? Something like that. At least, the recruiter will ask you to rate professional java level for your self.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Software Engineer

Interview Details – I only had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced the company first, and then asked me about my resume, work experience and my goals.

Interview Question – The interviewer didn't ask me technical questions. It's in second interview, but I didn't get it.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp.

Interview Details – Detailed technical interview process
Soft Skill interview was meaningful.
Please detail all your interest, they definitely keep a record and try to fulfill, or else they will tell you that they cannot do it.
It was not a typical consulting company interview

Interview Question – Technical questions were indepth. So be prepared answering questions. I was out of college, hence my knowledge was academic. They understood and asked logical questions   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp in November 2012.

Interview Details – It seems like they get a good crop of candidates which makes it very competitive. I had an interview with the HR and then a technical interview. In some cases they do Skype as well. Technical interview was very intense which is not common for service based/consulting companies. I guess that gave a lot of positive vibes. The tech interviewer started off with knowing my background and slowly drilled me with some scenario based questions.

Interview Question – Discuss why Java is/is not platform independent?   Answer Question

Java Analyst Interview

Java Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was smooth and really friendly.

Interview Questions

Employee/Contractor Interview

Employee/Contractor

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cogent Infotech Corp.

Interview Details – All big promises but once you join nothing but broken promises and delay tactics from management.

Interview Question – What can you bring us from your old job ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Standard no issues

Worked for Cogent Infotech Corp? Contribute to the Community!