Cognex

Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Entry Level Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cognex in January 2014.

Interview Details – THe hiring process was smooth, couple of phone screens followed by onsite interview at their location. good interview most of the questions i expected were in the interview. nothing out of the box as it was an entry level engineering position.

Interview Question – what do you know about machine learning   Answer Question

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Content Marketing Manager
Framingham, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cognex in July 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring manager contacted me through LinkedIn. I replied that I normally don't connect with people who I haven't met, but since we were in the same field and local, I would connect. He immediately called me to tell me about a position he had. We had a nice conversation for about 30 minutes. He kept telling me that I was giving all the right answers. He had been having difficulty filling the position and he wanted me to come in for an interview.

I told him I was not available for a week and we scheduled the interview. He then emailed me an assignment, saying that I didn't have to do it, if I was busy. I emailed some comments about it, but said that I would not be completing it. He said that was alright and we didn't talk again until the interview.

I interviewed with six people (one through Skype in Germany). At the end, he came in and said that some of the people didn't think I would be tactical enough. He asked me to complete a marketing campaign (for free, as part of the hiring process), which I did over the next few days. I emailed it to him and he replied to thank me and said that he would take a look.

I never heard from him again. I called and emailed several times for feedback on my campaign and to inquire where they were in the hiring process. He never returned my calls or emails.

Interview Question – Questions were run of the mill.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cognex

Interview Details – Introduced Cognex, asked about my research experiences, followed with an coding question. I think they already filled that position. The interviewer was absent-minded, didn't pay attention and gave very slow response. Just waste of time. I doubt how people feel working there if the interview manager even don't show respect in the interview process.

Interview Question – I think they already filled that position. The interviewer was absent-minded. Just waste of my time.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

Interviewed at Cognex

Interview Details – I received a call from the corporate recruiter and agreed to evaluate the job. Both the hiring manager and I thought that there could be a fit, so I went into the office for an in-person interview. I met with 4 people, each for 30 minutes. Each person was very nice and I felt comfortable sharing my experiences and asking questions.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. Overall, it was a fair interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Cognex.

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – Describe your process to develop content   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Cognex.

Interview Details – Another one of those companies that you interview for four hours, then get homework and then they don't have decency to get back to you because they must be so busy.

The economy is turning around, people are going to start job jumping again. You best figure out how to treat prospective employees better.

I think the earlier reviews were correct, this company has gone downhill.

Interview Question – The was no questions that was particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cognex.

Interview Details – Got contacted via Email. Invited to HQ for interview, met with hr first, some behaviors questions for 30 minutes. Then talked with manager for another 30 minutes. Then interviewed by an engineer, basic knowledge questions, white paper code test, etc, mainly for C#.

Interview Question – They focused a lot on performance, where I didn't touch too much before.   Answer Question

Embedded Engineer Interview

Embedded Engineer
Natick, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cognex in August 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screen lasted an hour with hiring manager. Brought in for 2nd interview. Didn't hear back until about 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – analyze this amplifier circuit   Answer Question

Natick, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cognex in June 2012.

Interview Details – Have internal reference and interviewed with one product manager and one principle engineer. The product manager is very friendly but the principle engineer is very aggressive and not very polite.

Interview Question – How do you conduct camera calibration?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Natick, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognex.

Interview Details – about a two to three hour process. meet with everyone in the department and a HR representative.
Most questions are around working as a team and where you want to go in a company; career aspirations

Interview Question – Be prepare to know about the company and their products   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much for negotiation

Worked for Cognex? Contribute to the Community!