Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Arkansas

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Associate - Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Bentonville, AR) in August 2012.

Interview

Hired as part of the campus recruiting program. There was one interview on campus, and a follow-up interview at the development center.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions; the interviews were mostly conducted as a dialogue between the interviewer and candidate. They did not ask any cheesy questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation; there was an offer letter only.

Manager Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benton, AR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Benton, AR) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by CTS recruiters from India for a position for one of their key accounts. I made my monetary expectations very clear and current responsibities. Since I am doing pretty well with my current role as Architect, I am looking to move ahead with this switch. I was then called by US Recruitement Team. I had 2 Technical Interviews + 1 VP / Practise Head interview [in 4 weeks period]. Had technical interviews with a practise team and a week later with client team. VP asked general questions about my past experience and ability to fulfill requirements of consulting opportunities and handle large delivery teams. These interviews went well. HR Recruiting lady called me and informed that I can fit well to their org and that they want to go ahead with hiring(first they said at "APM" level.then as my CTC is at higher, it will be "M" level) .

They took my 3 years of W2's and after little bit of negotiations, we agreed on pay & posistion as well(10% more than current CTC). They made few reference checks, including current client manager and said that they are proceeding to roll out the offer letter in a week(once she receives all approvals from her upper mgmt). However, it did not happen. So, I called back to check their posistion and then I reaized that they could not offer me posistion because -

1) they have few 10+ years candidates in that team at "APM" level. Offering a posistion, "M" level posistion will cause discontent amongst existing team.

2) The CTS upper mgmt felt the CTC that was quoted will impact P&L of that account. To begin with, I have quoted my expectation very clearly. Even while negotiating, this HR lady mentioned that she had verbal approval for my expectation. and was waiting for email approval from the BU Head.

I work for a direct competior of this org and having various interactions with multiple org of the scale > CTS.. If the posistion cannot afford expected CTC, they have tobe forthcoming instead of wasting prospective employee's time. It may be possible that their internal account teams may be efficient and transperant & responsive, but the recruiters seems to be wanting on these qualities. I need to follow up regularly to check where it stands.

My advise to future candidate(atleast for CTS US hire) are:

1) Make your expectations crystal clear, right from the first communication.
    2) If they are taking more time, chances are that they are likelyto be buying your time for alternative options and keeping you as back up, at the cost of your time.

Interview Questions

• EAI, Architecture, Past Experience to manage large teams   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Bentonville, AR) in January 2009.

Interview

Most of the intreview process was related to technical work that I have done in the past
    I am able to answer 80% of the questions.
    I got call from HR the next day I completed my technical interview

Interview Questions

• Which of following action will happen , when both are defined for same column in oracle
      Constraint
      Trigger

1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate went for over week in 3 calls from HR. finally I agreed with 10% than I expected
    Able to get onetime joining amount