Cognizant Technology Solutions

Average Difficulty
88 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – Be ready for technical round. Be clear and confident. You may have phone interview at first, then online meeting, personal interview or client interview. You may not have written or skill test.

Interview Question – Technical part was difficult. Prepare yourself.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2014.

Interview Details – Got an initial call from HR in which he took my details and also told me base package CTS can offer to me. Their base packages has a range for a particular range of experience. After that he told me that I would be getting the interview call in couple of days. But I got a call after 15-20 days. Interviewer scheduled a Skype interview for PL/SQL developer position. He asked me technical questions from the topics that I had mentioned in the resume. He told me to be very specific and to the point with my answers. Interviewer went on for around 30 mins. He was quite satisfied my answers and also gave positive hints about my further round of interview.

Second round of interview was a telephonic round and there were two ladies on the conference. They also grilled me on technical questions.Interview went on for around 30 mins.

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – CTS does not negotiate much. As they negotiate during the initial phase only.

Interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Interview Details – I joined Cognizant through Campus Hire in 2007. Interviewers were cool and didnt ask much technical questions. It was a easy one.

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was very quick as it was an urgent requirement. Two phone interviews as I was in a different city. Overall a good experience.

Interview Question – Normal technical.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – Campus selected. Nothing difficult.
Aptitude and one round of HR

Interview Question – Nothing Difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2012.

Interview Details – Behavioral and Technical Questions

Interview Question – Questions related to Processes and domain Knowledge   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No great scope of negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was very straight forward and easy. Just a bunch of easy questions. The interview questions was a list of the most simplest questions you can ever ask. I am not sure if I was lucky or unlucky to have such an interviewer. To me it feels like the interviewer has very little knowledge.

Interview Question – There was not a single difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, but not much of a change.

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – Interview held in Chennai in India. There was a telephonic interview followed by in person interview. After the technical interview, there was HR interview for salary negotiation. Nothing much as the salary was fixed.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online on Cognizant website for Informatica and got call from recruiter. She explained me everything like what kind of package cognizant offers and what kind job of role it would... What are the benefits offered...
Once I agreed she scheduled 1st round of technical interview.
Once I cleared 1st Round I had 2nd round of interview with technical Manager and 2 more Sr.Developers on Skype.

After then I got call back from recruiter that I have cleared the interview and asked me if I am interested in the offer. I accepted the offer.

1st Round of interview was good and interviewer asked to the point questions including few scenario based questions.

During the 2nd Round of interview they asked almost same questions except they added few team management, organizational, as well as some more detailed technical questions on performance tuning.

Negotiation Details – Was okay not that good not that bad. because recruiter made it clear before even scheduling the interview and hiring process.

Interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Interview Details – Applied through the regular walk--in interviews.
The company, at least in 2010, was in a heavy growth mode. They have been outstripping the competition anyways. So they were looking for a lot of new people, especially those with big company names on their resume (to brag about it). That worked in my favor.
Interview was mostly normal - usual Java related questions for area. Had one tech round and one HR round. Nothing extra-ordinary there.

Interview Question – Why do you want to move from your <big-name-IT-company> to Cognizant?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation (had a particular weakness in my case, so couldn't press). Got joining bonus but no salary hike.

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!