Cognizant Technology Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in December 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly easy. I had only telephone interview one with HR and other with a technical personnel .Both the interview were smooth - No Difficult or Unexpected Questions.I did not have any negotiations.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2013.

Interview Details – I contacted a recruiter to express interest in working with Cognizant, and phone interviews were scheduled the same week. Additional video conferences at a Cognizant office were completed the following week, and I received a verbal offer within one day and a written offer within two days of the final interview. The recruiting process was efficient and seamless, but the prehire Onboarding process could use some major improvements.

Interview Question – The interviewers focused primarily on understanding my process and approach with clients since this is a very process-focused role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cognizant collects proof of compensation (such as w-2 and recent paystubs) during the interview process, and I asked for less than a 10% increase on base. They offered slightly less than what I asked for on base salary but made it up with the incentive plan. Overall, they made a reasonable and attractive offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2012.

Interview Details – First telephonic with HR. Regular HR questions and salary discussion.
Second one is with hiring manager,based on the resume.
Third one is with project team technical based on past experience and new job.
Overall very fast process and easy to pass questions.

Interview Question – Nothing as such is difficult if your are a genuine candidate.Know your resume well   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes you can negotiate based on your current salary. Expect like a 15 to 20 % hike.
Leave etc are set at corporate level so not much bargain there.

Oracle Developer - Senior Associate Interview

Oracle Developer - Senior Associate
Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2012.

Interview Details – Simple , regular developers conduct the Interview

Negotiation Details – They try to hit Rock bottom , be brave to negotiate

Associate Interview

Associate
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online on Cognizant website for Informatica and got call from recruiter. She explained me everything like what kind of package cognizant offers and what kind job of role it would... What are the benefits offered...
Once I agreed she scheduled 1st round of technical interview.
Once I cleared 1st Round I had 2nd round of interview with technical Manager and 2 more Sr.Developers on Skype.

After then I got call back from recruiter that I have cleared the interview and asked me if I am interested in the offer. I accepted the offer.

1st Round of interview was good and interviewer asked to the point questions including few scenario based questions.

During the 2nd Round of interview they asked almost same questions except they added few team management, organizational, as well as some more detailed technical questions on performance tuning.

Negotiation Details – Was okay not that good not that bad. because recruiter made it clear before even scheduling the interview and hiring process.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Boston, MA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2012.

Interview Details – Good methodological way of doing the interview,very pleased with staff who made me comfortable, but they they try to buy you in with the green card carrot and heard it would be processed only after 2 years and your H1B or L1 will be screwed by that time

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – TCS is better

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!