Cognizant Technology Solutions Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email from Cognizant hiring manager and showed an interest on my background. The first interview is through call with HR manager, and the second interview is with department director after HR manager sends my resume to relevant department.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience of working with customer data?   1 Answer
  • Can you please introduce yourself?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career network in January. I was chosen for a first round interview in late February on my school's campus. The interview consisted of walking the interviewer through my resume. We talked through how I solve problems; they want to hear that you break down the problem into different parts to analyze them individually and then analyze the problem as a whole. The interviewer was asking rapid fire questions one after another. She also asked me how many golf balls could fit into an airplane, so brush up on how you would go about solving these types of problems. I didn't think the interview went too well but I got an email the next week inviting me to final round interviews. The final round interview in Teaneck got pushed back multiple times due to inclement weather. I finally interviewed at their headquarters in late March, over a month later. The interview day consisted of two interviews: one case and one behavioral. Brush up on your case interviews, especially SWOT analysis and estimation questions. There weren't really the typical hard case questions from what I heard. Everyone at the office was extremely friendly on the interview day. The behavioral interview was just talking about my experiences. This interview started late so I didn't get the full 30 minutes with the interviewer. The case interview was a little frustrating. He asked me how a pharma company could develop a marketing strategy and sales approach for a new diabetes drug. He was expecting me to walk him through a SWOT analysis and seemed annoyed at the approach I took. We stopped the case after a little while and just talked about problem solving. I didn't think this interview went well at all. A month later I heard back from one of the managers that I was getting an offer. I received the official phone call later that week and the official letter the same day as the phone call. I chose another firm because of location and compensation. Overall I thought the process took a little too long and was very drawn out, but the atmosphere at the firm seemed great and I liked everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

It was through referral. They interviewed for a position so all the questions were more inclined towards what I can do rather then what I have done in the past. They took 3-4 rounds of interviews and it was all smooth. The HR bargaining for compensation is really hard.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions Eduction Background Describe your projects When can you join   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Mainly Domain Specific questions were asked. Apart from these the important sections of the business req document were discussed. The interview lasted about an hour where previous projects were discussed and the challenges faced in the previous projects.

Location constraint

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Interview

Had 2 rounds of interview, the final one was with the client in whose team I would be working

Interview Questions

• Typical 'tell me about a time when..' type behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Stony Brook, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Campus recruitment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you did that your team members have different paces, and how you dealing with the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

This was the weirdest company I have ever interviewed with. I was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter and didn't hear back from the company recruiter until 3 weeks later. Then the process was really quick to interview. I had 3 over the phone interviews with several members of their eCommerce and Multi-channel practice. After the interviews it got weird because the 3rd party recruiter was engaging me for follow-ups instead of the company recruiter. He wanted to understand my salary expectations and other offers. When I provided the information the company recruiter called me back the following week with an informal offer and requested I provide my W2 and paystubs before they could extend a formal offer. I thought this was very strange since W2 have sensitive information like your SSN and to give that to a company you might or might not be working for is just not smart. So I pushed back and the recruiter said she would follow up with HR to see if they could work something out and she would get back to me the next day. I did not hear from her for an entire week after I left to voicemail messages for her to call me back. I had given up at that point that they would be giving me any offer but then a week later she pops back up on the radar and wants to talk about the offer. When I finally call her she said they wanted to adjust the offer since I am relocating to SF and would have something for me in 2 days if I could give my paystub to prove my current salary. Since I did not lie about my current salary I thought it was okay to give that information. After I provided my information I got an email the next day saying that they cannot hire anyone anymore until August. How the facts changed within 2 days I am not sure but I would not recommend anyone to waste their time interviewing for a company like this. And if you think the opportunity is so great make them give you an offer before you give your W2 or paystub because it seems that they use the "hiring hold" on many people after you have provided your personal data. I had another friend have that same situation 2 weeks before they started to interview me. Save your time and look at other firms.

Interview Questions

• What SDLC methodologies are you familiar with   1 Answer

They were unprofessional during the interview process with bad talking other firms I was interviewing with, they had poor communication on next steps in the process and they did not have the decency to return calls when you left a voicemail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews-final round with the client for whom I'm currently working

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The whole process took 3 weeks, two rounds of interview and got the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, they give as per cognizant standards

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2011.

Interview

Minimum of 3 rounds and maximum of 5 rounds of interviews. Initial 2 rounds of interview would be technical rounds and usually candidates are tested from their basics to advanced levels. As a business analyst, it is very important for a candidate to have strong domain knowledge. Hence, the domain knowledge will hold a crucial aspect in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to latest updates in the industry (its important to be up to date with market trends), questions on various tools used in the organization, logical thinking questions (various events/situations are given).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very less scope for negotiation.