Cognizant Technology Solutions

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2011.

Interview Details – The whole process took 3 weeks, two rounds of interview and got the offer.

Interview Question – It was most of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, they give as per cognizant standards

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2011.

Interview Details – Minimum of 3 rounds and maximum of 5 rounds of interviews. Initial 2 rounds of interview would be technical rounds and usually candidates are tested from their basics to advanced levels. As a business analyst, it is very important for a candidate to have strong domain knowledge. Hence, the domain knowledge will hold a crucial aspect in the interview process.

Interview Question – Questions related to latest updates in the industry (its important to be up to date with market trends), questions on various tools used in the organization, logical thinking questions (various events/situations are given).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very less scope for negotiation.

Raleigh, NC

Interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Interview Details – Had 2 rounds of interview, the final one was with the client in whose team I would be working

Interview Question – Typical 'tell me about a time when..' type behavioral questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in February 2010.

Interview Details – Had an initial discusion with the HR, they asked th usual questions about the nature of work and what domain expertise I had etc. Then current and expected salary, work location etc. Then I had a technical round where they grilled in for about 45 minutes. After which I received the offer letter. Smooth and straight forward process.

Interview Question – No really difficult question that I can think of.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2010.

Interview Details – Requirement Gathering Process, Domain Knowledge, Certification

Interview Question – Situation related question on experience   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired as part of their "US Campus Program". Which is a program that they recruit out of US Colleges. I was first interviewed by Jeff Comerford at my school where I learned more about Cognizant. He also asked the basic "who are you" questions, and invited me to ask my own. I was called into a second round of interviews with many other candidates in Teaneck New Jersey. There were 3 separate but equal interviews, Technical, Personal, and Professional. The technical was the most difficult.

Interview Question – During my technical interview i was faced with questions on technologies I had no idea about. But the interviewer was kind enough to excuse me and told me not to worry, that I would learn more about them as I grew in the company. And I most Certainly have.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in February 2012.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews-final round with the client for whom I'm currently working

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected as such   Answer Question

Stony Brook, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2012.

Interview Details – Campus recruitment.

Interview Question – Describe a project you did that your team members have different paces, and how you dealing with the problem.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in June 2012.

Interview Details – This was the weirdest company I have ever interviewed with. I was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter and didn't hear back from the company recruiter until 3 weeks later. Then the process was really quick to interview. I had 3 over the phone interviews with several members of their eCommerce and Multi-channel practice. After the interviews it got weird because the 3rd party recruiter was engaging me for follow-ups instead of the company recruiter. He wanted to understand my salary expectations and other offers. When I provided the information the company recruiter called me back the following week with an informal offer and requested I provide my W2 and paystubs before they could extend a formal offer. I thought this was very strange since W2 have sensitive information like your SSN and to give that to a company you might or might not be working for is just not smart. So I pushed back and the recruiter said she would follow up with HR to see if they could work something out and she would get back to me the next day. I did not hear from her for an entire week after I left to voicemail messages for her to call me back. I had given up at that point that they would be giving me any offer but then a week later she pops back up on the radar and wants to talk about the offer. When I finally call her she said they wanted to adjust the offer since I am relocating to SF and would have something for me in 2 days if I could give my paystub to prove my current salary. Since I did not lie about my current salary I thought it was okay to give that information. After I provided my information I got an email the next day saying that they cannot hire anyone anymore until August. How the facts changed within 2 days I am not sure but I would not recommend anyone to waste their time interviewing for a company like this. And if you think the opportunity is so great make them give you an offer before you give your W2 or paystub because it seems that they use the "hiring hold" on many people after you have provided your personal data. I had another friend have that same situation 2 weeks before they started to interview me. Save your time and look at other firms.

Interview Question – What SDLC methodologies are you familiar with   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They were unprofessional during the interview process with bad talking other firms I was interviewing with, they had poor communication on next steps in the process and they did not have the decency to return calls when you left a voicemail.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initially I was contacted by the recruiter. After about a week I heard back from him saying that they had a project and that they were interested in my profile. This lasted for about 20 minutes. After about a week I heard from the Project Manager of the recruiting project. Basically this was more technical and they asked me to describe the kind of job I was in and my duties etc. They also asked about some behavioral stuff. After this there was about 2 weeks I did not hear a thing. Then finally I was offered a postion of a business analyst which I accepted.

Negotiation Details – They quote a very low salary say about 5% more than what you would be making. You will have to bargain for a better salary.

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!