Cognizant Technology Solutions

2.7

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in February 2008.

Typical Recruiter Interivew interview. Wanted to understnad how you attrack passive candidates, wanted to learn about your client interface skills.

Interview Questions
    • I was bascially hired off the content of my resume and initial presentation. After that, it was a sell job on their end.   Answer Question
    They gave me whaI wanted on the first pass. It was easy.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

3 interviews with various level managers

User Experience Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2010.

As long as you have a decent communication skill, you should be okay. I was not challenged by any of the interviews. Many interviewers digress from the job context and you have to guide them back to the core topics of the conversation. In hindsight, I believe that is just because my practice is not 'mature' enough.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers ask standard questions ... again there are quality interviewers who will stress test you with real world challenges and scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in August 2011.

on phone. they asked me " can you list responsibilites of technical project management ?"

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in June 2011.

First the HR called up and spoke to me about which company he is recruiting for, the Job Description and then we negotiated the salary package. Later he said the technical team would call me up to set a date for the tech interview. A couple of days later the Tech team called up and set up a date for the tech interview. On the day of interview, they did tech interview for about 1 hour after which they said they would notify the HR. 2 days later the HR notified that I was selected and then sent the offer letter.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in May 2011.

Interview was detailed asking for experiences on technology front and understanding the ability for problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • What is the technical challenge that you had to overcome with stiff dead line?   Answer Question

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2012.

Came across recruiter at a job fair at my University. Got a first round interview a few weeks later on campus with a recruiter. Got a second round notice to Chicago for on-site interview(all transportation, hotel included, in addition to a $30 allowance for dinner). Went to their office on a Thursday morning for 3 rounds of one on one interview.

First was technical. Second Behavioral. Third with the original recruiter.

Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to comply with a rule you didn't agree with   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2009.

First round of questions by recruiter who will always try to force you accept a lower level then you should be at. Questions are more the line of client management and PMP processes.
    Resource management is good amount of work.

Interview Questions
    • How will you help an associate who is always late to office and never meets the deadlines. How will you protect your resources from Clients. How will you make sure offshore flaws are not visible to client?   View Answer
    They have good negotiators who convinced me to accept a lower designation. Which I found later was a complete lie. You have to be tough in negotiations to get a good pay and designation else you will loose. Do not believe any promise made by recruiters.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

I had an on campus interview (northeast MBA program) first that consisted of one behavioral interview and one case interview. Standard behavioral interview questions were asked e.g. tell me about a time when you faced difficulty working in a team? The case interview was not a written case but one that was tailored towards my background. The case was not number heavy at all.

Second round they flew me out to Chicago and was an entire day of interviews. I had two behavioral and one case. Behavioral interviews were standard and very conversational. During the case interview I got to choose one from a five different cases. I chose a pharmaceutical drug market entry case.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2012.

I applied online on the company site, I got a call from an HR and asked my expectation.. at that time tolds my range expected. I went through 2 interview rounds one with the Cognizant Architect other with the client.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing mostly general question on the tech i work on.. same with client. Exp .. prev project details and usual stuff.   Answer Question
    This was the bad part .. the HR suddenly calls me after few days of interview and tells me that your package is X which was min from the range i told her. I was not even allowed to say anything andshe said other details.. benefits and bla blha.. Itook he offer as i was in a very low pay scale .. but i was taken adv now i see thy tricked me to a low sal easily.. Plz dnt be desperate to work here.. health benefits are good but .. sal offer for chicago was below market.. plus this project had no garntee for going long term.. thy bluffed mw saying it was a longg term project.. now i am stuck in a expensive place with a not so good sal.. Wil switch soon. :(