Cognizant Technology Solutions

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Interview Details – Took 7 months of time and multiple follow ups to convert first communication into an offer.
Hired at the starting level (Business Analyst) even after 4 years of experience
Had a very tough time following up and getting a response, few folks were not responsive at all

Interview Question – Lot of discussions went on tangent and failed to understand what relevance those had in the selection process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No I was not able to negotiate at all

Interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Interview Details – Very easy and interview based on prev experience.

Interview Question – What was the toughest situation you faced at work?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Submitted my resume on the company carrier portal
2. Approached by HR after 4-6 months of resume submission online
3. HR performed the initial screening on relocation and salary expectation.
4. First interview with a Senior Consultant in similar role.
5. Second interview with a Manager in same vertical.
6. HR made the offer.
7. Offer accepted and joined.
8. Waited on bench for a project - 2 weeks (original project was cancelled).
9. Gave multiple interviews to different client managers and took the client which started the project first.

Interview Question – All standard questions for the role I was interviewing. No out of the box questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no problems in negotiations. Initial offer was less than expectation, informed HR of the dissatisfaction.
It was taken up by Senior HR and they came back with a good offer.

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – Campus Hire. Company second on my list of preferences. Very generic interview. At this point, company is looking at your presentation skills. A few finance questions.

Negotiation Details – If you're good, this company will wait for you to come back to it.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2013.

Interview Details – The HR coordinator are really good in scheduling the interviews as per the convenience and availability but the panel is not really competent enough to take the interviews.

The fun starts now, the scheduled calls were cancelled 4 times saying that the panel was not available. And finally when it happened, I am not sure if I want to take it up.
My first interview was ok, I believe I answered 80% of what they asked but the panel was always concentrating on one area which they worked on rather than talking about my expertise.

The second panel was really inexperienced(maybe 2-3 years exp and I was close to 10 years) very arrogant, cut short the interview duration for 10 minutes saying that they got what they needed and asked very ambiguous and irrelevant questions. They really did not even understand what I was saying and never gave a chance to speak.

I am not sure if I would get the offer, but please do think twice before getting into such unethical work culture. I wouldn't want to rate it based just on one interview experience, but I think it is a misrepresentation of any organization.

Interview Question – Always concentrated on what they worked on rather than going through my resume and understand my expertise.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online.

Day 1- Got a call from recruiter to confirm salary and position.
Day 2- HR called to schedule 1st round of interview next day.
Day 3- 1st round of technical interview
Day 4- HR called to schedule 2nd round of interview
Day 10- 2nd round of technical/behavioral interview
Day 17- Confirmation that I cleared interview
Day 26- Verbal offer
Day 37- Offer letter on hand

Interview Question – Mostly technical questions. No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate salary a little bit but not that much.

Consultant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – I applied via Dice for 3 open positions. For one of the positions the hiring manager asked the HR to take my resume forward but I didn't receive any call. I was very disappointed. Among many other calls from consulting/contracting companies, one I had been getting call from one staffing companies and I forwarded my résumé to them and within one week got my 1st interview done on phone and it went for an hour. After a week, I had attend another interview on phone by hiring group manager for about 40 mins. In another week, I had the HR recruiting manager discuss about compensation. Pretty seamless 2-step process before HR call for Senior Business Analyst role.

Interview Question – Everything was related and I was prepared well for the interview and didnt get any surprises   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR person was good negotiator. I couldn't negotiate as I was desperate to move. Please base the negotiation tactics on the urgency and need for the change. I know who friends who negotiated hard to get the number they needed and still didnt take the offer

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – Initial HR Discussion - discussion on the opportunity, role, reason for change etc.
2 rounds of Interviews - Telephonic round (CV walk-through, discussion on client experiences, questions on banking & accounting) and in-person interview (discussions about different engagements, qualitative case study and series of questions on banking & financial topics.

Interview Question – No 'unexpected' questions. There were a couple of questions (on banking) which I were not sure of. Just answered "don't know".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room because there is a cap set for each role/level. Compensation is slightly above market level.

Teaneck, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in December 2011.

Interview Details – Had to go over my background, for business consulting - they were looking client exposure.

Interview Question – What would you do to improve process consulting   View Answer

Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career website. I had a on-campus interview with them, it was 1:1 and mainly behavioral and common HR type questions. I was then invited for a on-site interview in NJ. It consisted of 3 1:1 interview, one technical interview, one HR interview, and one behavioral interview. They informed those who received a offer in 2-3 days.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cognizant Technology Solutions Consultant interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cognizant Technology Solutions employees and interview candidates.