Cognizant Technology Solutions

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was a phone screen followed by in person interviews in Teaneck. During the process I met with the head of the practice overall as well as the head of my particular area of specialization. Overall positive but surprised after the interview at how dysfunctional parts of the organization turned out to be.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected but depends on who you speak with and your experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation available they were pretty solid in their offer and what they would negotiate on.

Very Difficult Interview

Teaneck, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – One phone interview with hiring manager. He was in transit on a Bluetooth and kept cutting off - very disrupting. The next interview was held via videoconference. I went to Teaneck and met with hiring manager on Cognizant's video conference system (Tandberg). Received offer very soon after that. He talked quite a bit and didn't give me an opportunity to share my opinions or thoughts. I wanted to be able to tell him how I would handle the project.

Interview Question – Hiring Manager explained that I would be taking over for someone else who had developed the project and explained my responsibilities as though they were in place. When I asked for details he replied that they actually hadn't done any of it yet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't be too quick to accept their first salary offer. There is room for negotiation in salary but not bonus or vacation.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewers were hands-on and practical. Not much BS. All through video conference. Mainly behavioral questions, they also shared what they are working on and asked what I would do about it.

Interview Question – How much did you make in the past 3 years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Didn't get a good feeling after ruthless negotiations over pennies.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – Total 4 rounds including Functional, Business and Hr. The head of the unit also had another round. It is good to see the focus of the organization in terms of leadership hiring.

Interview Question – Not really... they were more aligned to specific work area   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiation can be done with authentic data.

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – For this level you need 4 interviews or more. It was ok overall but time consuming.

Interview Question – Actually do not recall a difficult question from any of the interviewers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Increased notice period, reduced non-compete. Salary was top end and bonus fixed to level.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cognizant Technology Solutions Director interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cognizant Technology Solutions employees and interview candidates.