Cognizant Technology Solutions Director Interview Questions

3.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Teaneck, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

One phone interview with hiring manager. He was in transit on a Bluetooth and kept cutting off - very disrupting. The next interview was held via videoconference. I went to Teaneck and met with hiring manager on Cognizant's video conference system (Tandberg). Received offer very soon after that. He talked quite a bit and didn't give me an opportunity to share my opinions or thoughts. I wanted to be able to tell him how I would handle the project.

Interview Questions
  • Hiring Manager explained that I would be taking over for someone else who had developed the project and explained my responsibilities as though they were in place. When I asked for details he replied that they actually hadn't done any of it yet.   Answer Question
Don't be too quick to accept their first salary offer. There is room for negotiation in salary but not bonus or vacation.

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Teaneck, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in February 2013.

Interview was a phone screen followed by in person interviews in Teaneck. During the process I met with the head of the practice overall as well as the head of my particular area of specialization. Overall positive but surprised after the interview at how dysfunctional parts of the organization turned out to be.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected but depends on who you speak with and your experience   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation available they were pretty solid in their offer and what they would negotiate on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2012.

Interviewers were hands-on and practical. Not much BS. All through video conference. Mainly behavioral questions, they also shared what they are working on and asked what I would do about it.

Interview Questions
    • How much did you make in the past 3 years?   View Answer

Didn't get a good feeling after ruthless negotiations over pennies.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Total 4 rounds including Functional, Business and Hr. The head of the unit also had another round. It is good to see the focus of the organization in terms of leadership hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Not really... they were more aligned to specific work area   Answer Question
    Yes, negotiation can be done with authentic data.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

For this level you need 4 interviews or more. It was ok overall but time consuming.

Interview Questions
    • Actually do not recall a difficult question from any of the interviewers   Answer Question
    Increased notice period, reduced non-compete. Salary was top end and bonus fixed to level.

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!