Cognizant Technology Solutions

827 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Programmer Analyst Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in December 2010.

Interview Details – I have given one interview.Questions asked were based on my course curriculum,academic projects and few behavioral questions.Overall it was easy.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Associate - Projects Interview

Coimbatore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2010.

Interview Details – joined as fresher, aptitude test and few basic cognitive question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2013.

Interview Details – The Oncampus Hiring included three parts :
1. Written Test
2. Technical Interview
3. HR Interview

Written test contained 2 parts 1. Verbal containing 30 questions. & 2. Aptitude containing 20 questions. 1 hr time was given for completing both.

The Technical Interview was more concerned on programming languages, Data Structures and the project done during final year.

Once done with Technical interview, the HR interview was to test your personality.

Interview Question – Explaining in detail about the project you are doing.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Greater Noida (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through amcat off campus drive and interviewed in greater noida .

Interview Question – Why I wanted to join a software firm, about my college, my hobbies,etc.
2.He asked me to write a sorting program in C and difference between insertion sort and bubble sort.
3.What is an antenna and types of antenna.
4.What is DBMS?
  Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – technical interviewer would expect you to know all the basic theory, terminologies, algorithms and concepts and that's from where interview starts from. After a general discussion about yourself and company's profile technical questions are fired at you back to back one coming out of another. Be quick, precise and honest with ur answers.

Interview Question – some kind of problems might be given to you; which at first might appear to have no solution or no practical solution, but interviewer expects you to come up with best. Think calmly about it and don't constrain urself with any obvious conditions until and unless stated.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is not much to be negotiated as a fresher but sure you might try out your luck with job location

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in February 2012.

Interview Details – On campus recruitment process. The first round was a multiple choice test consisting of English and Quantitative sections. The next round was the interview. It was a mix of HR and technical. The interviewer first went through my resume in detail and asked me to explain all my projects. He was especially interested in projects involving microprocessors. The questions generally branched off from the projects. Nothing too difficult or unexpected.

Interview Question – Difference between microprocessor and controller   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Got admitted to Grad School

Chandigarh (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in February 2014.

Interview Details – Campus Drive
Online Test Through Amcat
Technical Interview
HR Interview

Interview Question – They asked me some commands of the UNIX operating system.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Location was Chennai!

Websphere Administrator Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2012.

Interview Details – GD,apptitude,quantative analysis and qualitative analasys,nice work culture

Interview Question – what is your futuer goal   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions 7 years ago.

Interview Details – Recruitment team do first level screening. Resume is reviewed by the hiring manager. First round of technical / domain interview. Hiring manager provide feedback to Recruitment team. Recruitment team will negotiate salary, designation. If there is a disconnect will go back to hiring manager and they will decide to go forward or not depending on their urgency of requirement. If it is critical they get involved in the negotiation and will provide a better offer.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous organization?   Answer Question

Program Analyst Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – first round is written conducted by AMCAT, followed by interview(both pi & ti). questions are general, regarding general programs, project, etc

Interview Question – the interviewer asked me to sell the pencil to him   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cognizant Technology Solutions interview questions and advice in India. All 827 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cognizant Technology Solutions employees and interview candidates.