Cognizant Technology Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Interview Details – Took 7 months of time and multiple follow ups to convert first communication into an offer.
Hired at the starting level (Business Analyst) even after 4 years of experience
Had a very tough time following up and getting a response, few folks were not responsive at all

Interview Question – Lot of discussions went on tangent and failed to understand what relevance those had in the selection process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No I was not able to negotiate at all

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2010.

Interview Details – The initial communication happened through a headhunter, who connected to the HR team. HR team had a brief discussion about the current and previous jobs and passed it on to the recruiting manager. The recruiting manager had a detailed interview, followed by a coffee session. Then he wanted to take the opinion of his Senior. Once he was comfortable, the HR team came back in the scene with the detailed salary negotiation. Then they made the offer. I asked for a change of 4%, which they agreed to and thus the process got concluded.

Interview Question – Give me one example of a situation when as a manager you were in a difficult spot and managed to come out to it.   View Answer

PAT Interview

PAT

Interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Interview Details – first they undertook a written aptitude test. then they started with technical questions test on paper. from then they started filtering ppl and called up for on side interviews. interview questions were full technical questions.sometimes they had two round of technical. and then HR round will be the final.

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Edison, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2010.

Interview Details – Technical and HR rounds are conducted based on the position you are applying for. They are usually specific if a client interview is also required in addition to the employer interview - which is a group interview in most cases.

Interview Question – Technical - related to the area of expertise applying for   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very difficult

Senior Associate - Projects Interview

Senior Associate - Projects
Somers, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was ok. Had a phone interview. After this interview we started to negotiate salary requirements, went back and forth a few times until we agreed on a number. After this had a 1:1 and everything went fine.

Interview Question – The questions were simple and nothing hard. Regular Object Oriented Questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had to come back a few times to get where I wanted to be.

Senior Consultant - ERP Interview

Senior Consultant - ERP
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of Interview. Manager/Lead and HR. Both rounds are pretty simple. Manager asked about the familiarity of the ERP tools and modules. questions on the resume. about the previous experience on the ERP modules both functional and technical. areas of interest to work once we got selected. when can you join.

Negotiation Details – Initial negotiation is very important as the hike will be very less once we join. Its hard to negotiate though!!!

Lead Interaction Designer Interview

Lead Interaction Designer
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me about the position through LinkedIn. The process included an initial phone interview followed by another phone-based technical interview, a third group technical interview over the phone and then a final in-person interview with the company's client.

The recruiting process seemed very haphazard. I was contacted about one position, realized mid-interview that I was being interviewed about a slightly different position, sent an application for a third position, and given an offer letter about a fourth position.

I received unscheduled calls in the middle of the day for interviews while I was on-site with my existing client.

The people at Cognizant are all brilliant, nice, people, but all of these issues combined with some personal reasons contributed to not accepting the offer.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions, they just asked about process and maybe a few scenarios.   Answer Question

MBA Intern Interview

MBA Intern

Interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Interview Details – I networked with Cognizant India Project Manager who also finished MBA from top Business School.He forwarded my resume to the recruiting manager and put me in touch with another director.SMAC solutions social director interviewed me and asked me few questions like why cognizant, what do you know about SMAC solutions etc

Interview Question – What do you know about SMAC solutions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in December 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly easy. I had only telephone interview one with HR and other with a technical personnel .Both the interview were smooth - No Difficult or Unexpected Questions.I did not have any negotiations.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple. First round was on campus at my university. The second round was at their headquarters at Teaneck, which consisted of two interviews, behavioral and technical. I thought that the technical interview was quite easy. I felt that the behavioral interview a little tough as they give you certain situations and how you tackled them.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected or difficult questions. Just the usual questions every company asks.   Answer Question