Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions & Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate - Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Got a call from one of the senior associate and gave the interview. After a day had the client interview.

Got a call from HR.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2011.

The whole process took 3 weeks, two rounds of interview and got the offer.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, they give as per cognizant standards

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2009.

Primarily done by phone, with one in person interview in century city. This was followed by another phone discussion with HR. The recruiter primarily worked from home and her children and dogs were frequently in the background. The onsite interview was ok, but they don't actually have any space other than a 20x20 office that two people share. Looking back, it was rather low class.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult technical question. In fact, i provided a presentation on baseline technical knowledge they should use to screen candidates. Only questions on working with off shore and how to treat this group with regard to being explicit and seeking confirmation at least 3 times due to a belief that culturally offshore is inclined to say 'yes'.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase is non-existent. The following statement was applied, "Cognizant performs market analysis for your region and the offered amount is the maximum salary for your role."

Onsite Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in August 2010.

There were couple rounds of phone interviews scheduled via email.
    First interviewer quit before I on-boarded
    There was on-site in person interview paid my CTS
    There was a client interview as also meeting with client

Interview Questions
    • Simple questioning
      Expect to the point answer
      Slow to schedule interviews (HR not involved)
        Answer Question
    Very little room to negotiate
    HR got involved to help negotiate
    CTS Management not willing to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in May 2011.

First the recruiter vets you, then you speak with Directors and Senior Managers. The questions are mainly around experience and background. You should know how your skills will fit into the group and position you are interviewing with and for.

You need to ask detailed questions about the role and their current sales pipeline to really get a sense of the projects you will be working on. Also ask questions around process and what it is like to work for a IT consulting from as this is not a strategy firm. Interviewee should be prepared to work on very small teams and work long hours. Ask questions around how projects are scoped and make sure you are interested in a role that is PMO centric.

I advise speaking to consultants that have left the company. Also keep in mind that this a truly virtual company.

Interview Questions
    Salaries are set and movement is limited. Reasonable ask for a PM is 130k to 140k.

Principal Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in July 2011.

30 Minute Interview with the HR Recruiter, referred to an Administration person to coordinate further interviews.

1st scheduled interview rescheduled. Next interview was set up with a different person, and finally I was provided with a further person for the interview. This last interview was postponed at the last minute twice and finally I was called without prearrangement by a practice lead who I can only describe as being extremely hostile.

It was clear two minutes into the call that he had some definite ideas on who he was looking for and I was not it. I asked a question and was told "just answer my questions".

We spent the next 15 minutes in difficult discussion - him asking for deep details of my current employers methodologies, current projects and other details that I was not comfortable sharing with a potential competitor. He also started asking for deep technology details, which ended up with us discussing disk subsystems (at cache schema level), while he continually mentioned that I was not answering with a deep enough level of detail.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your methodology for deciding on either a build or a customized solution.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2011.

Straightforward. Consisted of a initial screening phone interview and then a series of one on one interviews with Consultants, Project Managers, Senior Project Managers, and Principals

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brea, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2010.

It was a client interview. 45 minutes of technical stuff. Java / J2EE related questions

Interview Questions
    Had a turnaround time of 2 days. They were pretty hard.

Senior Consultant, Possible Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2008.

Company recruiter approached me, I put it on hold because I wasn't ready at the time. Then decided to go in for an informational interview, they wanted me back, went through three more interviews, told them my salary requirements, didn't think they would proceed, then they did. Then the company was acquired - by a company I would have never interviewed for (Cognizant Technology Solutions). Always check to see if there are any pending M&As and research those companies - could you see yourself working for them? Could you go through people's decent in an M&A? Also, I way overprepared and made myself anxious in so doing. I feel like I'm going to prepare less next time, because no matter what any company tries and makes it look like on the outside, its never that way when you're on the inside.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me everything you want me to know about you right off the bat - let's go ahead and get that out of the way.   View Answers (2)
    Not a lot of negotiation.

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!