Cognizant Technology Solutions

2.8

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2014.

Applied through on campus recruiting. About a week later, received notice to attend the interview on school grounds. This consisted of mostly behavioral questions, what would you do in this situation etc. About a week after that, I received a phone call to attend an interview at HQ. The interviews were one behavioral and one technical, which were both really behavioral but maybe that comes with being an analyst. What was supposed to be the technical interview, the interviewer asked me real-life situations about what I would do if Cognizant were to place me in this role - definitely good to know the ins & outs of the company. A week after that, received the offer letter to join them.

-a week later is actually 7 days later lol.

Interview Questions
    • You walk into a board meeting and the CEO asks you into implement a system but is unsure of what the outcome might be financially to the company. How would you persuade him to go forth?   Answer Question
    Didn't really negotiate.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2014.

I dont remember of myself applying to the company. However my profile is on dice and monster.

Out of the blue one evening i get a call from this company asking if they can interview me. I was driving and outside and I politely requested to move the schedule and was agreed for certain time next day.
    Next day: I did not get a call ( shows that they really dont need the candidate right? ).
    After waiting for 15 minutes, I call the number who had called me previous day and I had to leave voice message explaining why I was calling.
    In about 5 minutes, I get the call. The interviewer directly went to say, I am from this company and asked me tell me about myself briefly.
    [ Believe me, I have no Idea what position I am being interiviewed, why or any such details ]. Still I went on with call.
    I started to epxlain, Less than 45 seconds into my explanation, I came across talking about my 2nd previous job and I am just 15 % through my introduction and not complete, the interviewer jumps in to ask me a technical question about the project.
    ( I am already doubting this interview and position, but I go along ). Seems like the interviewer was forced to interview me and was in hurry to get it done.
    Anyways, as I went with the flow, eventually the questions make relevant and came to point with my experience. [ However still I am unclear if there is an open position or why I am being interviewed ]
    Good number of 12 to 14 questions.
    Abruptly the interviewer says, good, but you have to gain some more exposure to latest suite of tools and products. ( Hmm, where is this heading to?? )

The usual question : Do you have any questions for me?
    Ok, I take a breathe and now ask, what is the position, why am I being interviewed etc. The interviewer says we need a senior so and so person "here". I dont know where here is - location/company, if the position is permanent or contract , I am clueless. There is no way I can be prepared for the interview, LOL. I ask more details and the person says, we cannot reveal all the details. I dont even know if they will come back or who do I have to follow up with.

Nice. One kind of an experience.

However since I had called the interviewer to interview me, I thanked for the time and also for the feedback provided to upgrade myself with latest tools and products. LoL.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

The interview process was fairly simple. First round was on campus at my university. The second round was at their headquarters at Teaneck, which consisted of two interviews, behavioral and technical. I thought that the technical interview was quite easy. I felt that the behavioral interview a little tough as they give you certain situations and how you tackled them.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected or difficult questions. Just the usual questions every company asks.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Was contacted by the recruiter and then was asked to attend 3 telephonic interviews and then one video conference with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • How will you grow your account in a particular practice   View Answer
    They are pretty straight forward will ask you for your current payslip add 10000 to the annual package and will give a liberal bonus as addition.

Senior Associate - Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2014.

The interview process was ok. Had a phone interview. After this interview we started to negotiate salary requirements, went back and forth a few times until we agreed on a number. After this had a 1:1 and everything went fine.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were simple and nothing hard. Regular Object Oriented Questions.   Answer Question
    Had to come back a few times to get where I wanted to be.

Quality Engineering and Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2014.

I was recruited from my university and did an Interview at my university, a week later was chosen fly in and have an second two part interview which consisted of two interviews, one behavior, and one technical. Both were fairly easy just needed to have people skills. If you don't pass both you are rejected as a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview can vary from topic to topic, however they expect you to know your stuff regardless of the topic.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

HR contacted for a position followed by 2 technical interview. Later received 3 more calls for technical cum project management round. Next day HR informed about my selection and working on my Offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Are you ready to work as senior developer / senior tester if project demands?
      2) What are the positive things you bring to Cognizant?
        Answer Question

they informed that the offer will be released in a week but 2 weeks over. I am thinking to decline the offer (not sure whether it will come or not)

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2013.

Friendly recruiters and interviewers. The on campus recruiting process was extremely pleasant, so much so, that it did not even feel like an interview. Final interviews were held onsite at their NJ office.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was in a group that I did not have a background in nor was interested in applying to   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2013.

They were very professional and friendly when interviewing

Coordinator Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2013.

Applied online and had a phone interview and a three person interview. I was really impressed at first and quickly that dissipated after I never heard from my recruiter again, I repeatedly followed up and I dont even know if they filled this role. Which is extremely unprofessional.