Cognizant Technology Solutions

www.cognizant.com

Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Average Difficulty
58 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Engineering and Assurance Interview

Quality Engineering and Assurance
Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was recruited from my university and did an Interview at my university, a week later was chosen fly in and have an second two part interview which consisted of two interviews, one behavior, and one technical. Both were fairly easy just needed to have people skills. If you don't pass both you are rejected as a candidate.

Interview Question – The technical interview can vary from topic to topic, however they expect you to know your stuff regardless of the topic.   Answer Question

Manager - Consulting Interview

Manager - Consulting
Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2011.

Interview Details – Depending on how you get brought in you will go on a series of about 3 interviews. Some will be phone interviews and the others will be in person. The in person interview will be about 3 to 5 different resources interviewing you.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult project you had to manage and why?   Answer Question

Senior SAP Consultant Interview

Senior SAP Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2010.

Interview Details – very relaxed as they hire & fire mainly your cv should meet client requirements emphasis on off shore model
client relationship is streesed good technical skiils gaurantee selections also working with good companies in past is important

Interview Question – good technical questions on sap arthitecture   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – is 5-10 % more than present salary

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2010.

Interview Details – The initial communication happened through a headhunter, who connected to the HR team. HR team had a brief discussion about the current and previous jobs and passed it on to the recruiting manager. The recruiting manager had a detailed interview, followed by a coffee session. Then he wanted to take the opinion of his Senior. Once he was comfortable, the HR team came back in the scene with the detailed salary negotiation. Then they made the offer. I asked for a change of 4%, which they agreed to and thus the process got concluded.

Interview Question – Give me one example of a situation when as a manager you were in a difficult spot and managed to come out to it.   View Answer

Edison, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2010.

Interview Details – Technical and HR rounds are conducted based on the position you are applying for. They are usually specific if a client interview is also required in addition to the employer interview - which is a group interview in most cases.

Interview Question – Technical - related to the area of expertise applying for   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very difficult

Senior Associate - Projects Interview

Senior Associate - Projects
Somers, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was ok. Had a phone interview. After this interview we started to negotiate salary requirements, went back and forth a few times until we agreed on a number. After this had a 1:1 and everything went fine.

Interview Question – The questions were simple and nothing hard. Regular Object Oriented Questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had to come back a few times to get where I wanted to be.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple. First round was on campus at my university. The second round was at their headquarters at Teaneck, which consisted of two interviews, behavioral and technical. I thought that the technical interview was quite easy. I felt that the behavioral interview a little tough as they give you certain situations and how you tackled them.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected or difficult questions. Just the usual questions every company asks.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager
Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the recruiter and then was asked to attend 3 telephonic interviews and then one video conference with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – How will you grow your account in a particular practice   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They are pretty straight forward will ask you for your current payslip add 10000 to the annual package and will give a liberal bonus as addition.

Very Easy Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in August 2012.

Interview Details – HR walkthrough of resume
Technical phone Interview - Not much asked
Client Interview

Interview Question – No Business case just brush up the basic concepts   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds, very detailed and intense

Interview Question – I had to do a test with real business scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!