Cognizant Technology Solutions Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.7

216 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

Interview was very simple as it was campus placement interview.It lasted only for 10 minutes.And i was selected.Basic questions about OS,Java and C++ were asked.Questions related to my projects were asked.Was a little nervous but successfully cracked the interview.

Personal reasons

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

3 levels..1. Written test
    2. Technical interview
    3. HR interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing of that sort. All the questions were as expected.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

On campus interview; It was so easy and they were expecting only to detail about the projects done. The interview time was only 30 minutes.

No negotiation

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

It was easy, based on final year projects and other certifications

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

Meet at school job fair. After introduce myself, they gave me an opportunity to interview with me on campus. The interview was fairly easy. Its one to one. He has a paper to follow and there are uniform questions to ask such as back ground, knowledge about programming, past working experience, what is your target job in 5 years. No tricky question at all.

There were two rounds.
    1. Written test( aptitude) - Normal aptitude questions from RS Agarwal
    2. Interview technical - As it was a campus recruitment, the interviewer asked questions on all my interested areas

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

3 rounds (for on-campus placements):
    1) Aptitude test: a general test of your aptitude consisting of simple reading comprehension passages, quantitative problems and logical reasoning
    2) Technical interview: questions related to IT, programming and subject areas of interest (in IT)
    3) HR interview: general questions such as tell me about yourself, why cognizant, etc.

Interview Questions
    • your grades seem to be consistently low.. what is the reason for it?   View Answer

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mohali, Punjab (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mohali, Punjab (India)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2014.

I took part in a campus recruitment drive. First there was an attitude test conducted by amcat. It contained quant,logical and verbal sections. It was basic and easy. After this round about 670 were selected from 1950. Then there was technical interview....it started with intro and then they asked about projects I worked upon. It then included basic c &c++ questions...and finally data structures and rdbms..After that the hr interview ..was held immediately..within 10 minutes. And contained questions like ...where u have travelled and about my gk.....finally. I was selected....just be confident and smart ..u will be through.

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2014.

It was a campus drive,I was from ECE.,consisted of 3 rounds
    1>cleared the apti round..(Verbal ability+math+logical reasoning)
    2>In the Tech round..was asked about project(network connection layout using RIP protocol---whats vlan,describe the 7 layers,use of the project.,system requirement of the project),Image processing(basic GUI-----asked about few basic commands)---then i was asked on some coding on C,,problems on loops.,when and why using certain loop,and math puzzle at last
    3>at HR round.
    some basic questions(say something about yourself--hobbies{explain}--latest movie that you watched {say about it}--asked about marks{had ups and downs}--asked if i am comfortable with reallocation)
    Aptitude--focus on time management,each question 1 minute..study English.
    Tech--make sure you know whats written in your resume.relax
    HR--have confidence. prepare the typical questions.do some information gathering on the company

Interview Questions
    • no such very difficult question was there to answer in my panel   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2014.

the recruitment process consists of an online test and then a technical interview followed by an hr interview. both the interviews are not quite difficult.technical interviewer asks questions related to any project we've done.

Interview Questions
    • there are hardly any difficult questions but the HR can ask you a few questions related to situations or choosing between your employee or client.   View Answer