Cognizant Technology Solutions Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
Updated Aug 23, 2014
202 interviews

2.7

202 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

3 levels..1. Written test
2. Technical interview
3. HR interview

Interview Questions
  • Nothing of that sort. All the questions were as expected.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

On campus interview; It was so easy and they were expecting only to detail about the projects done. The interview time was only 30 minutes.

No negotiation

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

It was easy, based on final year projects and other certifications

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

Meet at school job fair. After introduce myself, they gave me an opportunity to interview with me on campus. The interview was fairly easy. Its one to one. He has a paper to follow and there are uniform questions to ask such as back ground, knowledge about programming, past working experience, what is your target job in 5 years. No tricky question at all.

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2013.

Normal hiring process as other MNC.They start with Aptitude test then Technical interview and HR interview.

1) In aptitude test normal + complex both type of questions are there.One can practice it from the IndiaBIx or the TIME CAT exam preparation books.

2) In technical interview get ready for the questions regarding your project and the programming language such as C,JAVA.Basic knowledge for the SQL required.You need to be prepared for the C Programs in interview.

3) Normal questions regarding Job location,work in night shifts and about favorite things

That's all.

Best of luck guys.

Hope this will be helpful to you.

Interview Questions
    • I have mentioned one abstract kind of technology into the presentation which I gave during my academics.Interviewer asked me how would you implement that in real time scenario.   View Answer
    Fix package

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

Two rounds of interview. Technical and HR. Interviewed at cognizant Hyderabad.Technical round was a little tough.I was asked questions from most of my favourite subjects.Questions from structures and dbms, projects in academics.

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2011.

Applied through the website. Off-Campus hiring. Timely and very quick process for me. There were The following rounds:
    -Aptitude Test
    -Group Discussion
    -One on One
    -HR Round

The process was swift and organised. The HR was also easily reachable for any queries.

Interview Questions
    • Was mostly based on oracle dba as had a certification in that   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in December 2010.

Very nice process.
    1. Overall information sharing session
    2. Aptitude written test
    3. Interview which covered technical knowledge testing on programming language like C.
    Questions were mostly on Array and pointers.
    They also asked and were more interested in the project work done in college.
    I would suggest to explain the project and your role in that work.

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jalandhar, Punjab (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jalandhar, Punjab (India)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2014.

The off campus placement drive was conducted by Cognizant at LPU, Jalandhar from 16th to 21st Jan, 2014. The placement process comprised of 3 rounds.

Round 1) Online Aptitude Test---- was conducted by AMCAT on 16th Jan. The test had 3 sections English, Reasoning & Quant with an individual timer for each section. The time limit for each section was equal to number of questions in each section. Since there was no negative marking, so its better to answer all the questions. The test was easy, but one needs to maintain his speed to answer max questions.

Round 2) Technical Interview----- All the students who cleared online test were called for TR on 18th Jan. Initially I was send to the rejection panel. But as my turn was about to come, luckily a guy took my documents and send me to the other interviewer. So here goes my TR. The interviewer was a male.
    Interviewer) Tell me something about yourself?
    Me) Gave my intro, aim, strengths, co curricular activities, hobbies etc. (Be prepared with an explanation for each and every point you say as he/she may counter question )
    Int) Tell me about the projects you have made so far?
    Me) Explained my project, technology used, team members and on which technology I worked.
    Int) Since you have used database in your project, just write a SELECTION query?(he gave me a table with some conditions)
    Me) Although I didn’t know the answer but still tried and wrote something on paper. But I knew it was wrong.
    Int) So your project is in servlets, Just wrie the code for a simple servlet program.
    Me) Wrote the code an paper and started explaining the 3 methods in servlet. While explaining the init() method I just said “Initializing a database connection”
    Int) (He just quickly caught my words and asked )Write the code for database connection.
    Me) Wrote the code
    Int) try-catch-finally in java, polymorphism, inheritance, constructor, destructor
    Me answered all of them correctly
    Int) Do you have any questions ??
    Me) Asked some questions about training, domain allocation etc.( Always ask some questions at this time as it shows your interest in the job and do ask logical questions. Also try to speak softly during your interview. )

Round 3) HR Interview---- The result for TR was declared on the spot and thereafter I headed towards HR interview. After waiting for about 20 min it was my turn. The interviewer was a female.
    Greetings with a formal hand shake. She asked my batch, relocatable or not, open to domains or not?? Always answer YES.
    Int) Tell me something about Cognizant???
    Me) Told about history, CEO, Headquarter, Services
    I told the services in some different way, so she was happy and impressed as none of the candidates before had mentioned them in such a manner & didn’t asked any other question. Then she just said if I want to ask anything. I again asked some question about training etc.
    So it was just a 5 min talk.
    The result was declared within a week and I was selected.

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2013.

I wrote this AMCAT test and was shortlisted and called for the interview.Since the written test was already done,there were only tech and HR rounds.Tech round lasted for forty five minutes...asked me several questions about EEE(as I am from eee) and also some from c and c++.The HR round was okay.Normal questions like your intro and all.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!