Cognizant Technology Solutions

29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager - Projects Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2014.

Interview Details – Initially I received 6 calls for different projects in CTS, but none of them replied back. Then suddenly got a call for a project and the interview was totally in the skill set I posses, The interview duration was about 45 mins, immediately after that I received the call from the client, and then HR confirmed the selection. Salary was discussed and everything was done with in the 2-3 days of time span from the day of selection.The departments involved were highly recommended and good at their work, everything was done on time. During the whole process I have been asking about the job responsibilities and I have been assured that it will be matching to my current technical expertise, but it was not correct and I ended landing in the wrong project, and it was late to revert back my decision to join the company.

Interview Question – The weird and unexpected portion of the interview was personal questions which were framed to be required by the client and were totally irrelevant for your job duties and work in any company.But the client never asked me those questions, they have been exaggerated by the CTS project recruiters only and they are been working in work conditions compromising the work ethics and professionalism and they say its clients expectations. I am not ready to accept the ill minded working culture even though forced by the client.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was easy and smooth, it seems no one ever wanted to work in that project and they were desperate to get someone on board.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – There were three rounds of interview Technical, Manager and HR round.

Interview Question – Interview was decent   Answer Question

Interview Details – Pre-sreening via email; Actual interview over phone

Interview Question – None; standard PM behavioral questions focusing on previous experiences and challenges with the role   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – Quite simple

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – 1. HR Round
2. Technical Round
3. Account Manager Round
4. Client Round

Interview Question – Internal Technical round   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary

Interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Interview Details – This company is the slowest from interview to offer process. It generally takes them 6 to 8 weeks for confirmed offer. Mostly there will be 3 rounds of interviews, technical, managerial and HR. They do not look outside unless there is real need, so ask for the highest salary that you can think of. If you are right candidate, you'll get what you ask for.

Interview Question – How many years you will stay with company   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – The HR interview was very straight forward and to the point, it is the scheduling for the next set of interviews which is very random. They would all of a sudden call you at you cell at any time and tell you that they want to conduct the interview now. Moreover, when you tell them that instead of keeping adhoc calls it would be better to schedule these beforehand, they do not seem to pay attention to your request.
Would appreciate if they streamline the hiring process with more camaraderie between the
HR and the Project team folks.

Interview Question – They just need to streamline the hiring process   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – HR contacted for a position followed by 2 technical interview. Later received 3 more calls for technical cum project management round. Next day HR informed about my selection and working on my Offer letter.

Interview Question – 1) Are you ready to work as senior developer / senior tester if project demands?
2) What are the positive things you bring to Cognizant?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – they informed that the offer will be released in a week but 2 weeks over. I am thinking to decline the offer (not sure whether it will come or not)

Philadelphia, PA

Interview Details – Needs to improve a lot. they dont clearly communicate the process to the interviewees. There is no standard process set by management

Interview Question – there was nothing difficult in their questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2009.

Interview Details – First round of questions by recruiter who will always try to force you accept a lower level then you should be at. Questions are more the line of client management and PMP processes.
Resource management is good amount of work.

Interview Question – How will you help an associate who is always late to office and never meets the deadlines. How will you protect your resources from Clients. How will you make sure offshore flaws are not visible to client?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have good negotiators who convinced me to accept a lower designation. Which I found later was a complete lie. You have to be tough in negotiations to get a good pay and designation else you will loose. Do not believe any promise made by recruiters.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cognizant Technology Solutions Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cognizant Technology Solutions employees and interview candidates.