Cognizant Technology Solutions Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.9

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2011.

I had 3 round of interviews
First with the Technical Team where i had to go over the product related questions based on scenarios and the solution i applied in my past experience
Second with Client and the Technical Team- Client had more questions related to my experience on handling the situation like short notice on projects and surprises
Third is with HR and Global Immigration Team - Related to my visa status and documentations

Interview Questions
  • They want most difficult situations (scenario based) from my experience how i designed a solution to a client.   View Answer
Not really

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Manager - Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2014.

Initially I received 6 calls for different projects in CTS, but none of them replied back. Then suddenly got a call for a project and the interview was totally in the skill set I posses, The interview duration was about 45 mins, immediately after that I received the call from the client, and then HR confirmed the selection. Salary was discussed and everything was done with in the 2-3 days of time span from the day of selection.The departments involved were highly recommended and good at their work, everything was done on time. During the whole process I have been asking about the job responsibilities and I have been assured that it will be matching to my current technical expertise, but it was not correct and I ended landing in the wrong project, and it was late to revert back my decision to join the company.

Interview Questions
    • The weird and unexpected portion of the interview was personal questions which were framed to be required by the client and were totally irrelevant for your job duties and work in any company.But the client never asked me those questions, they have been exaggerated by the CTS project recruiters only and they are been working in work conditions compromising the work ethics and professionalism and they say its clients expectations. I am not ready to accept the ill minded working culture even though forced by the client.   View Answer
    Negotiation was easy and smooth, it seems no one ever wanted to work in that project and they were desperate to get someone on board.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

There were three rounds of interview Technical, Manager and HR round.

Project Manager Interview

Pre-sreening via email; Actual interview over phone

Interview Questions
    • None; standard PM behavioral questions focusing on previous experiences and challenges with the role   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Quite simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

1. HR Round
    2. Technical Round
    3. Account Manager Round
    4. Client Round

Salary

Project Manager Interview

This company is the slowest from interview to offer process. It generally takes them 6 to 8 weeks for confirmed offer. Mostly there will be 3 rounds of interviews, technical, managerial and HR. They do not look outside unless there is real need, so ask for the highest salary that you can think of. If you are right candidate, you'll get what you ask for.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

The HR interview was very straight forward and to the point, it is the scheduling for the next set of interviews which is very random. They would all of a sudden call you at you cell at any time and tell you that they want to conduct the interview now. Moreover, when you tell them that instead of keeping adhoc calls it would be better to schedule these beforehand, they do not seem to pay attention to your request.
    Would appreciate if they streamline the hiring process with more camaraderie between the
    HR and the Project team folks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

HR contacted for a position followed by 2 technical interview. Later received 3 more calls for technical cum project management round. Next day HR informed about my selection and working on my Offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Are you ready to work as senior developer / senior tester if project demands?
      2) What are the positive things you bring to Cognizant?
        Answer Question

they informed that the offer will be released in a week but 2 weeks over. I am thinking to decline the offer (not sure whether it will come or not)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Needs to improve a lot. they dont clearly communicate the process to the interviewees. There is no standard process set by management

no negotiations

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!