Cognizant Technology Solutions

2.9

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process was fairly easy (behavioral q's). The staff was nice and the process was smooth. The interviewers were easy to speak with. No hard q's were asked throughout the whole process.

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Project Manager Interview

Initial HR screening followed by technical round of interview..
    Technical Questions were easy.No complex code questions.
    1 more Managerial Round of interview.
    HR called in 2 days time for discussion related Salary.
    Interview process took 1 week

Manager - Projects Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in July 2014.

There were altogether 3 rounds of interviews, 2 of them being more of HR rounds and one was a technical interview covering several technologies. Questions ranged from basics and graduated to more difficult topics, they also had questions on processes followed in previous assignments.
    Interview process took a couple of weeks and entire recruitment process took almost 2 months!

Interview Questions
    • Questions were around memory leakage, heap configuration,integration protocols,collections etc   Answer Question
    There wasnt a much scope for negotiation on the salary in first HR round, I would suggest to re-negotiate the salary once they have decided to make an offer.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

There were three rounds of interview Technical, Manager and HR round.

Project Manager Interview

Pre-sreening via email; Actual interview over phone

Interview Questions
    • None; standard PM behavioral questions focusing on previous experiences and challenges with the role   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Quite simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

1. HR Round
    2. Technical Round
    3. Account Manager Round
    4. Client Round

Salary

Project Manager Interview

This company is the slowest from interview to offer process. It generally takes them 6 to 8 weeks for confirmed offer. Mostly there will be 3 rounds of interviews, technical, managerial and HR. They do not look outside unless there is real need, so ask for the highest salary that you can think of. If you are right candidate, you'll get what you ask for.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

The HR interview was very straight forward and to the point, it is the scheduling for the next set of interviews which is very random. They would all of a sudden call you at you cell at any time and tell you that they want to conduct the interview now. Moreover, when you tell them that instead of keeping adhoc calls it would be better to schedule these beforehand, they do not seem to pay attention to your request.
    Would appreciate if they streamline the hiring process with more camaraderie between the
    HR and the Project team folks.

Manager - Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2014.

Initially I received 6 calls for different projects in CTS, but none of them replied back. Then suddenly got a call for a project and the interview was totally in the skill set I posses, The interview duration was about 45 mins, immediately after that I received the call from the client, and then HR confirmed the selection. Salary was discussed and everything was done with in the 2-3 days of time span from the day of selection.The departments involved were highly recommended and good at their work, everything was done on time. During the whole process I have been asking about the job responsibilities and I have been assured that it will be matching to my current technical expertise, but it was not correct and I ended landing in the wrong project, and it was late to revert back my decision to join the company.

Interview Questions
    • The weird and unexpected portion of the interview was personal questions which were framed to be required by the client and were totally irrelevant for your job duties and work in any company.But the client never asked me those questions, they have been exaggerated by the CTS project recruiters only and they are been working in work conditions compromising the work ethics and professionalism and they say its clients expectations. I am not ready to accept the ill minded working culture even though forced by the client.   View Answer
    Negotiation was easy and smooth, it seems no one ever wanted to work in that project and they were desperate to get someone on board.