Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Pune

2.9

123 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2014.

very bad interview process. they call 100 of candidates and interview board contains 2 members. You have to wait for a day I reached there at 9:45 AM and till 4 PM I have to wait wait and wait.....

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Initially there was an aptitude test, after which around half of them were shortlisted. Further, the company officials split the shortlisted candidates into groups of 4, each consisting around 10 candidates and one by one the candidates were interviewed. My interview was not quite detailed, as in the interviewer started with questions related to my education and the projects I had worked on during my Bachelors', after which he asked the standard question as to why do I want to work for this company. The decision was conveyed to me within 2 weeks of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was related to the knowledge I had regarding the company   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

It took 4 very long and Hard core Technical rounds to get me to the Job
    1) Normal Basic Technocal Knowledge based on your previous projects - taken by Sr. Associate
    2) Frameworks in detail - taken by Manager
    3) Highlevel Technical rounds based on Architecture of the Project, based on given scenario i have to design the project architecture - taken by Sr. Manager
    4) Director Round - Basic but effective managerial
    5) HR round - salary negotiation

Interview Questions
    • If you are Java resource keep your self upto date with current frameworks
      you must be prepared for Strong Core JAVA related questions, followed by Framworks like Spring, Hibernate, EJB, Struts, Webservice, JMS
        Answer Question
    Based on what i wrote on HR form before HR round you can negotiate

if you have experience below 9 years, you can ask for 20-30% hike based on your current salary

Simple equation would be (no. of years exp) * (1.8)

if you already have that much salary on your experience you can max try for ( no. of exp) * (2.1)

Senior Process Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Basic to medium level understanding of financial or capital markets with analytical skill. Excel and good English is added advantage. (These requirements are for KPO jobs only. IT Development might differ)

Associate - Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in July 2014.

the very first was offshore team technical interview ,after 15 days of time 2 rounds taken by onsite team from US and after another 15 days last manager round followed by HR , the technical round was not so tough .

Interview Questions
    • the real time scenarios given and asked the best optimal way of solutiuon   Answer Question
    Yes , the company considers your experience and offers you best in industry

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in June 2014.

Technical questions included framework design, writing a few programs, some brain teaser type puzzles. Good questions. The interviewer asked intelligent cross questions. Management interview questions were about metrics, quality control, etc. They gave me situations and questioned on how i would handle them.

Interview Questions
    • Writing programs on paper - i was unsure of syntax errors I may have committed.   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

It was Campus recruitment. There was quick introduction about company followed by a Test ( logical reasoning and analytic). Panels composed of highly skilled interviewers and were well organized. They focused on individual personality and interpersonal skill more than technical abilities. As cognizant has initial training period where they make employees go through extensive training.

Interview Questions
    • Most challenging project/work that was done, and how it was solved. Whether the challenge was technical or business challenge.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation because it was campus recruitment.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Got a call from Cognizant Pune informing about Face 2 face interview. Had 2 rounds of technical interview. After that i was scheduled for Client interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked basic .Net questions in 2 technical interviews. In client interview, i was asked if i knew few technologies like RubyonRails, node.js, knockout.js, HTML5. Also i was asked why we were using a particular technologies in our project.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I was placed from my college. Cognizant Technology Solutions Private Limited came for Campus placement in my college.

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2014.

I was contacted by one of the consulting firm to go for Cognizant Interview. Irrespective of my reluctance (As I always know this kind of interviews lands up in to kind of walk-ins) she told me that it is scheduled one and is only of 5-8 years experience ppl. When I went to the place there were more than 100 ppl lined up for interview and experience varying to 2-8 years. I was totally surprised to see it. Though having an experience of around 7.5 years i was been given a token and asked to wait for my turn, I waited for around 2 hours for my first round of interview till then not even the HR consult with me...Anyways...then a young lady came up and called my token number and took me inside. I thought she is HR and coordinating for the interview...but to my surprise she asked me to take a seat and started the interview...I thought its gonna be HR first then Technical Interview will happen till she asked to rate my self on one of the skills(Programming language) out of 5. I was totally shocked to see that ( I am pretty much sure her experience would be 4-5 years).. My interview circled around questions only on that programming language irrespective of the requirements on other frameworks, technical architecture and design patterns ( She must be knowing only that much considering her experience :) ). Questions that were asked were so basic that now a days those questions are asked from a 2-3 years experience candidate ( In my current organization I am in to technical panel from last 3 years and i also take interviews and hired so many candidates but we maintain what needs to asked and to whom we are interviewing). Still I started giving my answers correctly and suddenly she said that you are becoming very smart and your attitude is not right. With this attitude if you will go for Client Interview / MR round it would be a adverse impact on you. What the hell...No body in last 7.5 years of my experience told me so...I have given so many interviews and holding so many offers in hands and worked with various organizations and also at client side (onsite) for 2 years and interacts with client almost everyday....First of all how can you interview a person through a person who is so inexperience and even doesn't know what to ask, from where to start and whats the requirement...She interviewed me like i am having 2-3 years of experience and they are hiring in bulk :). It left a very bad impression of Cognizant on me as till this date i was thinking CTS to be very process oriented and respect experience people. (Atleast i was expecting some very healthy interview/discussion from CTS considering interviewer must know whats the requirement is and of whom they are interviewing)...How can a company of this stature can do like this....

Interview Questions
    • Having an experience of more than 7.5 years first time ever somebody told me that your attitude is not correct and It will be adverse impact when you interact with Client or Manager..   View Answers (2)